Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Worldwide Cannabis Guide > Chaouen - The Moroccan Rif in May 2009

Thread Title Search
Click to see great Glass, Pipes and Bongs at Aqua Lab!
Chaouen - The Moroccan Rif in May 2009 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM #1
Tommy G
:|Sweet Seeds|:

Tommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really nice
Chaouen - The Moroccan Rif in May 2009

Hi friends!

I just came back from the Moroccan Rif... Spent one week in Morocco, most of the time literaly around the Rif mountains, from where the very well know Moroccan haxixe comes from. In this city you can smoke everywhere. You'll be offered first quality hash from everyone. It is a very clean city, as you'll be able to see for yourself from the pictures, and it is also a very safe place. People are not dangerous, as many people think, they just sometimes make you tired of so many offerings... they can get you anything you want and won't let you go until you show interest in something they have to sell. But they didn't managed to get me bored, you just have to know how to deal with them, if you smile and are gentle they'll be fair and understand when it's time to leave you alone. The city is not crowded, so it gets very relaxing and peaceful, even more if get the weather I got this time. Well, May, June and September may be the best months to go there, or even July and August if like very very hot sun as much as I do.

Here are some of the pictures. If you want to see more go and check my album from this trip. Hope you enjoy.

Blue...

The Hash

The hash, as I said, is first quality. In the streets you'll listen to them offering "primera calidad" (first quality), "zerozero", caramel, pakistani (because in south europe pakistani hash has a very good reputation, althought it is generaly made in morocco) and they also offer marijuana, but I tried it and its poor quality cannabis. I guy from Ketama gave me a git and said it was the best quality I can get in Morocco, so I kept with my glass pipe and smoked only pure hash.

Zerozero:

Zerozero was 15 euro for 5 gram. Up in the mountain the price would go down at least 50%.
The pipe

In the mountains those pipes have a great value, because you can't find them in Morocco. I bought this one in Spain for 7 euros and a farmer in the Rif mountains offered me a 8gr piece of caramel for the pipe.

Caramel:

More from Chaouen:

Well, if you want to walk for 2 hours over those blue streets it's possible, they seem to never end...

Chaouen is no place for dogs, you won't see any dog there. But cats yes, they have lots of. Maybe that's one of the reasons it is a clean city...

You'll also find lots of stores with very good products, most of them handmade in the place and with very good prices...

To be continued...
Tommy G is offline Quote

13 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 PM #2
Tommy G

Tommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really niceTommy G is just really nice
The mountains in the back...

The view from the window of my hotel room...

My glasspipe overlooking the city from the mountains...

Food was very good and very cheap. Each plate in the photo costed 2,30eur, around 3 dolars. And restaurants were very clean and well decorated...

The view from the restaurant Alladin:

Inside the restaurant:

Other restaurant...

Almost all the restaurants looked as nice as those.

A couple of pictures to end the trip...

This is where they wash their clothes:

That's it.

Once you get to the port of Algeciras, with 150\200 euros you can buy everything included (ferry to morocco, taxi from tanger port to chaouen and 4 or 5 nights in this same hotel (hotel parador, 4 star).

If you don't smoke tobacco don't forget to take your pipes and bongs

-p_
Tommy G is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:05 AM #3
buddymate

Excellent pics mate,I used to get the ferry over to Tangier from Algeciras when I was based on Gib,got the boat across to ceuta as well a few times.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:11 AM #4
hanuman

hanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura abouthanuman has a spectacular aura about
Great pics! I love the blue streets. Makes you want to visit even if there were no hash...

h

Old 05-29-2009, 08:48 AM #5
Satchifunkilus

Satchifunkilus will become famous soon enough
Terrific photos Psychotropic, would love to see more of them!
Is there much to do there besides sightseeing and shopping?
Satchifunkilus is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 AM #6
stasis
Registered Non-Conformist

stasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud ofstasis has much to be proud of
Thanks for the lovely armchair tour..>!!!!

Stable: Relentless Seeds - White Cookies, White Pie, & Elmer's Glue

Present Pheno Searches: GDP's Candyland - White Pie - Relentless bagseed - Moonshine Haze (RD)

2005-2007 Mendocino "Wild Wknd @ the Woodlands" judging - 6 ribbons in total w/2 1st Place.
stasis is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2009, 01:06 PM #7
Tommy G

Thanks... the pleasure of sharing the photos is mine

Satchifunkilus > In my gallery I have an album dedicated to this specific trip with some photos that I didn't post here. Besides sightseeing and shopping you can also, of course, smoke their hash, hehehe. And there's many other things to do... specially if you go with a big group of friends. I went with my girlfriend and 2 friends of her, so I was the only man and they didn't let me get in any adventure :( ...with a group of 5 or 6 male friends I would have accepted their offer to go visit their home, their family, try their own cannabis... In the mountains they asked me if I wanted to go see how their hash is made, so you can easily get a guide to take you to see cultivation camps and the whole process of making hash. I'm sure you'll also get the best of the best hash in those camps.

I forgot to say that I tooksome of my weed to Morocco. Took about 15 pre-rolled joints and a jar with a couple of buds. My weed was something very special to them because there is no such thing as cannabis indoor growing in Morocco. It is also very special when a guy up in the mountain who makes caramel and zerozero says that your weed is very good and offers to trade 1gr of your weed for 10gr of his hash.

You can smoke everywhere. They say that even if the police see you smoking they won't say anything because they know your not a dealer and they make their life out of tourism. I smoked in every restaurant, in and outdoor, before and after meals. The only place i didn't felt confortable smoking was the taxi, but just until the driver asked "You guys don't smoke hash?"... I said yes and asked if we could smoke in his taxi. Well, after that it was a very nice trip, hehehe. From Chaouen to Tangier it takes about 2 hours by car.

buddymate > I was in Gibraltar last summer and it is also a very nice place to visit. I would recommend a round trip starting in Tarifa, then Gibraltar, then Ceuta, then Tétouan and the big finishing in Chaouen. 5 amazing places to visit making only 250km. Well, and if you have more time and money... don't forget Sevilla Or maybe even here the Algarve (Portugal) where I live.

stasis and hanuman > thanks guys, it really is a great place.

Tommy G is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:25 PM #8
Bedouin
Outdoor grower بدوي.

Bedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really niceBedouin is just really nice
Woooow! great raport. Greetings from Poland
We will realize that we can't eat money!

Overgrow member...
Bedouin is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2009, 01:33 PM #9
mriko
Green Mujaheed

mriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of lightmriko is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like you had a nice time there, thanks for sharing !

Irie !
"To forbid or even seriously to restrict the use of so gracious an herb as hemp would cause widespread suffering and annoyance and to large bands of worshipped ascetics, deep-seated anger. It would rob the people of a solace in discomfort, of a cure in sickness, of a guardian whose gracious protection saves them from the attacks of evil influences, and whose mightly power makes the devotee of the Victorious, overcoming the demons of hunger and thirst, of panic, fear, of the glamour of Maya or matter, and of madness, able in rest to brood on the Eternal, till the Eternal,possessing him body and soul, frees him from the haunting of self and receives him into the Ocean of Being." Indian Hemp Drugs Commission

"Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"I can, I shall and in the future I will have done" C. Montgomery Burns
mriko is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2009, 05:27 PM #10
Satchifunkilus

Satchifunkilus will become famous soon enough
Thanks for your reply Psychotropic, I will be sure to check out your gallery.
Satchifunkilus is offline Quote