Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > NL#2 in NL#2 x ChemDbx

Thread Title Search
NL#2 in NL#2 x ChemDbx Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2017, 12:46 AM #21
zif

zif has a spectacular aura aboutzif has a spectacular aura aboutzif has a spectacular aura aboutzif has a spectacular aura about
Jahaze - I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on the finished product? She sure was sounding nice late in flower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
This is chimera's nl2 x chemd 8 weeks flower. Gonna let her go maybe another 10 days or so. Right now most resin heads are cloudy but she looks too early so I'll wait. She has a pine and rubber/plastic smell which is not noticeable until you are close up. After a bit of teasing, the plant releases a sweet chemmy smell along with a pronounced pine smell...very nice.
View Image
zif is offline Quote

Old 06-30-2017, 10:55 PM #22
Jahaze

Jahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of lightJahaze is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by zif View Post
Jahaze - I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on the finished product? She sure was sounding nice late in flower!
hi zif....so its still too early to give a fair impression of the buds since they are only about three weeks into the cure. That said, greedy me has had a few sample nugs and I have an early report to satiate inquiring minds. taste wise its a home run. Pine, fuel, camphor/cedar, and floral notes. the pine is not surprising given she's carried that since flower, but the camphor/cedar was unexpected and is oh so good. The taste is somewhat bright or sharp and has an almost menthol quality but there is something in the mix I cant quite pick out that is earthy and woody and rounds out the flavor. As it burns, the taste becomes softer and really enjoyable...I really have a hard time putting it down...its that good. The effect: I really expected a relaxing type of smoke but that's not what I got from the plant. Very cerebral and thought provoking effect at the onset with maybe a touch of body but nothing I'd call relaxing. The effect can come on strong with head pressure and mild disorientation. I have shared this with my wife a couple of evenings and it has kept us up longer than we wanted and in her case, she felt a bit restless at the height of the buzz...it does fade nicely and allows rest but only after the ride. Again, that was about 10 days into the cure so I know it will settle for sure...just how much is the real unknown however. I don't have another plant to compare as the other seedlings failed in a mishap at the beginning of the year in my veg room and this was the only NLxChem survivor. Personally, I really like what came out...especially the taste. I was hoping for a more relaxing smoke but that was just an expectation I had from previous NL i have smoked...this is something different. Also, I don't have any experience with the chem bx so I don't know what part it plays in the effects department. Once more members post their findings we will have a better picture of this varietal. At any rate, I really the smoke...
Jahaze is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:56 PM #23
zif

zif has a spectacular aura aboutzif has a spectacular aura aboutzif has a spectacular aura aboutzif has a spectacular aura about
^ Thanks for sharing your impressions of the early sample. Way more detailed and enticing than I hoped! I really appreciate your reports.

Given her WLD form, it seems she leans heavily towards NLD in function:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahaze View Post
The effect: I really expected a relaxing type of smoke but that's not what I got from the plant. Very cerebral and thought provoking effect at the onset with maybe a touch of body but nothing I'd call relaxing. The effect can come on strong with head pressure and mild disorientation.
Chimera has mentioned that his NL crosses can be extremely consistent in terp profiles. Hopefully that holds here - that taste sounds phenomenal!
zif is offline Quote

Old 07-01-2017, 05:13 PM #24
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
Northern lights 1, 2, 5 were cuts not seed. Sure they were used to make the sensi northern lights and #5 haze. But they would have to be bx or crosses to be in seed. Suppose someone could get an original cut and self. Mr nice also had the cuts I believe.

Lot's of myth regarding northern lights. But #1, #2 & #5 are cuts. Popped from ten or so indian original work seeds. Classic seeds had some indian original seeds line. Predating any selection done that found #1, #2 or #5

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:45 PM #25
mazar_man

mazar_man has a spectacular aura aboutmazar_man has a spectacular aura aboutmazar_man has a spectacular aura aboutmazar_man has a spectacular aura about
Also there was a long running BC cut called NL2 that Chimera may have used in some form too. It was kicking around BC and Ontario a bit since late eighties. Looks a lot like the pic actually
"Of all the cannabinoids, CBN appears to be the most sedative. Not only is it sedative, it takes very little to do the job. The consumption of 2.5mg to 5mg of CBN has the same level of sedation as a mild pharmaceutical sedative, with a relaxed body sensation similar to 5mg to 10mg of diazepam. CBN is synergistic with both CBD and D9THC for inducement of sleeping, and when mixed in the correct ratios, CBN becomes an effective sleep aid of 5-6 hours duration."
mazar_man is online now Quote

Old 07-16-2017, 07:01 AM #26
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting speculation but it's wrong. The NL#1 and #2 referred to my selections from my inbred NL line.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:26 PM #27
zif

Thanks for clearing that up! In the future when we get your NL as, um, maybe the pine-myr, these legacy name issues will hopefully fade away. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Interesting speculation but it's wrong. The NL#1 and #2 referred to my selections from my inbred NL line.
That pinene and myrcene crack above is a totally uninformed guess, but I wonder if you mind describing the mom a bit?

Quote:
I'm really curious about your Northern Lights line. It has shown up in your gear for so long, in so many different roles (the Jack line, lots of named crosses, etc.). Here, if I'm not mistaken, it provided the mother and the Bx father. It really seems like one of your favorites, but the details are few and far between!

I'm particularly interested in what stood out about this mother
Thanks again!
zif is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2017, 02:37 AM #28
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
People get confused and hooked into thinking they have a northern lights cut by stating a number. The original cuts were numbered and bred but I don't hear much about the cuts floating around.

As far as I know only sensi worked with the original numbered cuts from 10 or whatever seeds. Everything else seems to be hum bug.

Northern lights is great but it's a very worked line when others have it out. Nothing against Chimera or anyone else....NL is supposed to be low odor and some peoples worked NL is stinky or fruity and not at all hash socks.

Often duplicated but only sensi has the originals. Still would be a pheno hunt to find nice specimens.

Old 07-18-2017, 02:45 AM #29
mushroombrew

mushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to beholdmushroombrew is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
For far too long now I've misremembered Sensi's NL as a pure NL#2 line, but damn, they do claim 2 x 5! Thanks for the nudge:

I still think it's a beautiful cross as NL#2 x (Chem D x (Chem D x NL)), although I'm even more curious about the mother! If it's not from Chimera's line, is it an ancient cut? How many pure NL#2s are floating around these days? I certainly wouldn't put it past the man, given his ability to source genetics!
I grew sensi NL#2 in 2000. Yeah it yields but I remember it being weak.
Is the Chem D x Nl#2 cross still potent? Or just a better yielder than
Chem D?
mushroombrew is online now Quote