Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Collecting Pollen For Breeding ~ My Style

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Cannapot for Cannabis Genetics
Collecting Pollen For Breeding ~ My Style Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2016, 04:38 PM #31
Mr.Spliffy

Mr.Spliffy has disabled reputation
Hi grower! How many days from the switch in 12/12 the male flower are open?
Mr.Spliffy is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 09:16 AM #32
wdcf
Thinking of a Master Plan

wdcf has disabled reputation
Would two weeks into flowering (generally) be to early to ax the male plant from the roots... And for clarification. A male plant will continue to flower regardless of the light cycle? i.e. I could just put the male in my bedroom...?
wdcf is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 07:47 PM #33
Stan G.

Stan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really niceStan G. is just really nice
Beautiful method. Great thread.
Stan G. is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2017, 08:35 PM #34
Americangrower

Americangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of lightAmericangrower is a glorious beacon of light
Nice method New guy..
I do agree with VerdantGreen. You should dry it before freezing.
I will add that after drying you should divide pollen into tiny containers, I like the perfume sample glass tubes. I like to leave little paper packages in each tube with some rice in tube under it.
The reason for small tubes is so you only defrost a Lil at a time when needed leaving the rest frozen which let's it stay viable for years.
If you use 1 container you can't refreeze pollen as cell walls rupture from 2ND freeze.

Great thread New Guy
Americangrower is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:46 AM #35
wdcf
Thinking of a Master Plan

wdcf has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcf View Post
Would two weeks into flowering (generally) be to early to ax the male plant from the roots... And for clarification. A male plant will continue to flower regardless of the light cycle? i.e. I could just put the male in my bedroom...?
Bump for my question*
wdcf is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2017, 01:01 PM #36
atticflowers

atticflowers will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy2012 View Post
Hey folks... just wanted to stop in & say thank you for the kind words.

i never got to show my favorite male because the 5 pic per post thing. since i have a fresh post to show 5 more... here are a few of my past favorites.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
Dam that is gonna make some killer buds for som lucky ladies.
atticflowers is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2017, 10:58 PM #37
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Spliffy View Post
Hi grower! How many days from the switch in 12/12 the male flower are open?
Mr.Spliffy has a valid question here. I would like to know, and I'm sure there are some other readers that would like to know- What is the expected flowering time for a male plant?
Jellyfish is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 PM #38
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
Mr.Spliffy has a valid question here. I would like to know, and I'm sure there are some other readers that would like to know- What is the expected flowering time for a male plant?
I had a Black Widow male drop pollen 3 days after showing me he was a he.

Most other males I've worked with give me a week or two after showing before they start dropping pollen.

From that one experience w the BW I'd say your best bet is to keep an eye on your boys.
MJPassion is offline Quote