Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Anybody using boveda

Thread Title Search
Click for Sweet Seeds!
Anybody using boveda Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2017, 12:40 PM #31
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud of
No changes in smell, perfect preservation, the 58 is just right, the 62 I am reliably informed works really well for Rosin, noticeable yield differences over 58, the resin flows better in slightly more humid weed it seems.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:11 AM #32
Organickz

Organickz is on a distinguished road
My question is, are they only good for rehydration of over dried bud? Or can they be useful to maintain the rh of buds while curing?
Organickz is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 12:56 PM #33
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud ofChaosCatalunya has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organickz View Post
My question is, are they only good for rehydration of over dried bud? Or can they be useful to maintain the rh of buds while curing?

The latter, Boveda are for maintaining perfect RH, not really for rehydration.

Perfect RH for smoking flowers, or the perfect RH for Rosin, depending on what you want.

Old 09-14-2017, 05:58 PM #34
Organickz

Organickz is on a distinguished road
I noticed they have them in different varieties. I was looking into getting the 62 or 65's. Which one would you consider to be the best for curing buds?
Organickz is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 06:31 PM #35
Vanilla Phoenix
Super Lurker

Vanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond reputeVanilla Phoenix has a reputation beyond repute
I use the 62s but alot of ppl like the 58s. Preference really. The 65s will be too high of humidity.
Vanilla Phoenix is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 07:36 PM #36
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant futurepackerfan79 has a brilliant future
The 62s leave the bud just slightly damp. I wish I would have gotten the 58s
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 12:01 AM #37
Jhhnn

Jhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant futureJhhnn has a brilliant future
62% RH or so appears to be the right level for curing, per Simon in his "a perfect cure every time" thread. It works for me. Once the buds have cured to the grower's satisfaction, a few months or whatever, then a lower level can be established for storage & use. At that point, the RH doesn't matter much so long as it's not popcorn dry.

Leaving bovedas in the jars for longer periods of time doesn't seem to make any difference wrt taste & effect. Keeping the jars tightly sealed at any RH helps preserve aroma. I generally pull a handful of buds from a jar, leave 'em out for a few hours or overnight to bring the moisture content down for best smoking, grind 'em up & keep it in a tin ready to go...
Jhhnn is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 03:44 AM #38
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Saw a guy at a uk expo with some 55's.
they where a diff brand to Boveda,
he had a few diff sizes for diff amounts upto 450g.

when I was talking to him I mentioned the Boveda packs.
he said something quiet shocking, that the Boveda packs leached out something into/onto his buds which gave him Auto immune disease!!

just a heads up, he could be lying to sell his product but that would be a bit heavy, no? he kinda freaked me out.

is there any ingredients list with the Boveda, or MSDS sheet?
I wonder if the inner hygro static what ever it is inside the (Boveda pack)is made from?
or can it become contaminated?

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 04:24 PM #39
IgmarBudman

IgmarBudman is on a distinguished road
I have a really hard time believing that a person coming down with an auto immune disease would have any way at all in tracing it back to a humidity pack they used to regulate the humidity of their buds. Would have been fun to have grilled him on any proof he had. And that would definitely be grounds for a huge lawsuit if it were indeed true. Also Bodeva is made up of salt and a gelling agent and has a membrane small enough only to let pure H2O move through it. I think he was just using crappy tactics to try and hype his product.
IgmarBudman is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 04:33 PM #40
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
They sure sell a lot of Boveda packs to the cigar industry, I find it kind of hard to believe they could be solely responsible for that kind of health hazard. Sounds like he was bashing for the sake of self promotion.
Betterhaff is online now Quote