What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do girls have a lower tolerance..?

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Welp..

I just got back from a long ass trip..i was without a single puff for 3 weeks. While my gf smoked a couple of times while i was gone. To celebrate my safe return we rolled a fat blunt and smoked it. Now what happened after a while my girl got dizzy..and then was knocked out cold by the blunt. I mean she literally fainted in my arms. Just collapsed.

I've never been so scared in my life. I felt really bad since it was my herb and all. She is under strict guidlines from now on when it comes to bud :D

The thing is she has really low blood pressure and i think that's what caused her to ''whitey''..

Any similar experiences girls ? Do you find yourself smoking less than boys to get where you're going ?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its an individual thing Im sure it has nothing to do with being male or female.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
im male, and consider myself a very heavy smoker in my area. Ive met a handful of people who have been able to throw down, and surprisingly enough of the few 2 have been women. I think it comes down to individual physiology and experience.

I once thought that women might have a lower tolerance to it, but i think it may have to do with their size comparatively as well.
if your 1/3 bigger than someone.. it might take more active ingredient per body weight.

devilgoob

Veteran
Well, physiologically girls are different from men, and psychologically, so their highs might differ a little bit. I've met a lot of chicks that don't even feel much or look that stoned after smoking.

twojoints

heh it seems like most girls that smoke dont really get effected by it.... theyre very social creatures, it would take something like heroin to shut their mouths. :D

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Yeah i figure it must be individual too...i mean her bloodpressure is really really low..unhealthy even. Blunts are definatley out! Not that i smoke any of them often. Twice a year maybe. I on the otherhand have hypertension so it works really well for me.

1G12

Papulz said:
I once thought that women might have a lower tolerance to it, but i think it may have to do with their size comparatively as well.
if your 1/3 bigger than someone.. it might take more active ingredient per body weight.
Right! This really is pretty simple for the most part. Males have a larger body mass than females. So, (all other things being equal) it takes less drug to affect them than a male.
Don't know if low blood pressure would have an effect though. Kinda thought that pot might slightly raise it....I know it increases heart rate for sure.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I've read on the NORML website that short term effects of smoking MJ (right after smoking) does raise blood pressure/heart rate but the long term effects (though out day) does seem to lower blood pressure...

She should see a doctor (if she hasn't already) about that low blood pressure , can be as dangerous as high blood pressure...

G

1G12 said:
Don't know if low blood pressure would have an effect though. Kinda thought that pot might slightly raise it....I know it increases heart rate for sure.

It slightly raises blood pressure and heart rate, but after 10 15 minutes or so it lowers your blood pressure and usually heart rate as well, with regular use it has virtually no impact on blood pressure or heart rate. Of coarse its somewhat strain dependant as well. Just passing along my personal experience with weed.

G

twojoints said:
heh it seems like most girls that smoke dont really get effected by it.... theyre very social creatures, it would take something like heroin to shut their mouths. :D

Some girls are VERY FREAKING annoying when high for that very reason, but some are anything but, you know the ones that talk about either funny shit or something with some substance to it. :joint:

G

guest3854

It's an individual thang as Babba stated . My ol' lady'll out smoke most guys on this forum so .....

And thats no bullshit .

Steele

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL...this is kinda funny.

I personally think it has to do with how much you smoke. (regularity) If a girl is smoking daily, then her tolerance will eventually go up...just like with most other "drugs". I have seen many girls (the large majority) that toke right along - being no different than any of the guys. I have also found myself in numerous situations where the girls are the only ones wondering if anyone else is gonna fire up.

Maybe I just know too many heads.....lol.

ResinQueen

I agree that it depends on the person. I..myself..can out smoke my husband. But shh..don't tell him I said that.

Said with a smile and tongue firmly planted in Cheek

Said with a smile and tongue firmly planted in Cheek

Is it just me or does "My ol' lady'll out smoke most guys on this forum and that's no bullshit" sound like a bullshit statement? Are you supplying the weed to see if she can out smoke me or should I bring my own? Maybe we should pitch in together and invite a few thousand of the IC male members to join in? I'm from Missouri, the show me state.

Last edited:
T

ThePotanist

I have the same problem everyone else in my fam has high blood pressure mines really freaking low. what it could be though it something called orthostatic syncope which means some time u pass out when u change position like get up to quickly and having that rush of blood leav your head. In my case its caused by a block in one of the banches of my heart which iis like nature pacemaker. next time she goes to the doc tell them to do an EKG and look for a similar block. with me sometime when i get off the couch i get dizzy now a day i can tell when its coming on and just squat down. its just that ur BP doesnt shoot up quick ennough when u change position and u lose blood from ur head. not a big thing to worry bout.