What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lots of weed today tastes straight up nasty

Spaventa

Veteran
I payed £10/€11/$13 per gram for an 1/2oz of proper soil grown REAL exodus cheese clone last Christmas for a treat. Perfectly slow dried and hand trimmed, not fucked on a trimpro.
I don’t give a shit what anyone says, few people will ever buy buds of that quality. They were as good as I could have ever done. I tried to get the cut but geezer don’t share it.

djonkoman

Veteran
I also live in the netherlands. never seen weed for sale that expensive. highest I've ever seen is maybe 16 a gram? some of the best weed I ever bought was just 5 euro a gram though. but it was sold out in half a day. had bought 10 euros of it to try out, when I came back for more it was gone(it was s5xamnesia listed under the outdoor on the menu, however it was not harvest season but the middle of summer, and it easily beat all indoor weed on the menu, I guess forceflowered and possibly greenhousegrown)

usually if I do buy(if I don't have any of my own left), what I buy is in the range of 10-12 euro a gram(usually hazes). still expensive, but if you're paying 60 euro a gram you're getting ripped off, no matter if it's better than what's available in the shops, I can't imagine it's worth 5-6x price increase.

Spaventa

Veteran
S5 x Amnesia? I might get the silver out and make me some of those then :)
I also live in the netherlands. never seen weed for sale that expensive. highest I've ever seen is maybe 16 a gram? some of the best weed I ever bought was just 5 euro a gram though. but it was sold out in half a day. had bought 10 euros of it to try out, when I came back for more it was gone(it was s5xamnesia listed under the outdoor on the menu, however it was not harvest season but the middle of summer, and it easily beat all indoor weed on the menu, I guess forceflowered and possibly greenhousegrown)

usually if I do buy(if I don't have any of my own left), what I buy is in the range of 10-12 euro a gram(usually hazes). still expensive, but if you're paying 60 euro a gram you're getting ripped off, no matter if it's better than what's available in the shops, I can't imagine it's worth 5-6x price increase.

R

Rab.C

thats why i am trying to grow my own buds. street weed here is wet under weight and taste
bad so i am hoping my home grown herb will taste better and i will no its clean

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
You came to the right site, Rab. C
Growing your own is definitely the way to go.
If you need any help, just ask, people on this site are generally nice.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
I bet it is. You're smoking the trash that no one can sell in Cali because weed consumers here are too smart and savvy to smoke trash. Midwest yokels and rednecks haven't caught up in terms of cannabis knowledge yet. Enjoy that brick weed soaked in pesticides bud. If you can ever afford a vacation out to the golden state feel free to come enjoy some of the real cannabis that we keep instate for ourselves. The best in the world by far.

And such a friendly state, too!:laughing:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
getting kind of fedup with the insulting language used at eachother. if i feel i have warned individual people enough, don't be surprised if i resort to temp bans and even permanent. heated debate is one thing but personal insults are not allowed.

St. Phatty

Harvest too early ?

Not enough cure ?

Spraying sh.t on the plants ?

The good thing about home growing -

most home growers #1 customer is themselves and

BOY ARE THEY (we) PICKY.

It would be very interesting to do a side-by-side, between a conscientious med home grow, and the commercial sh.t.

There has to be a reason or reasons that they're different.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm in ecuador at the moment. I always expect interesting smoke when I travel. I certainly found that this time. Some great stuff, but also some of the worst I ever smoked. EVER. And I've been dabbling for about 45 years now.

An old fisherman from a local fishing village on the coast gave me about an ounce of really dried weed in a stained pink 3rd world grocery bag and only had a very very mild scent of weed. We rolled it up and could only take a couple tokes. Motherfucker. lol. I got a buzz off it but I'm gagging just thinking about it. lol. I asked him how old it was he said " 4 o 5 años" Double Motherfucker.

I figure if I can get a buzz off this shit, it should rock fresh. There was a dozen seeds in it and they're in my stash. If they germinate and pan out, I'll call it "Montanita Fisherman's Arse".

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I'm in ecuador at the moment. I always expect interesting smoke when I travel. I certainly found that this time. Some great stuff, but also some of the worst I ever smoked. EVER. And I've been dabbling for about 45 years now.

An old fisherman from a local fishing village on the coast gave me about an ounce of really dried weed in a stained pink 3rd world grocery bag and only had a very very mild scent of weed. We rolled it up and could only take a couple tokes. Motherfucker. lol. I got a buzz off it but I'm gagging just thinking about it. lol. I asked him how old it was he said " 4 o 5 años" Double Motherfucker.

I figure if I can get a buzz off this shit, it should rock fresh. There was a dozen seeds in it and they're in my stash. If they germinate and pan out, I'll call it "Montanita Fisherman's Arse".

Montanita Fishermans Arse..lmao. Man, I died laughing from this. Thx for making my morning Tycho...cheers

OP