What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombia’s “lost city of marijuana”

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
8-10 pesos a pound if i am reading that correctly

fuck cartels were making an insane markup

sad in the end the locals and indigenous get the shittiest end of the stick no matter how it plays out

FireIn.TheSky

Impressive pictures. They are some skilled horitulturalists. To grow that many plants with pretty much primitive materials is quite the feat. All direct plant too, not a single smart pot full of 500 gallons of fox farm in sight.

Green81

Veteran
Great read, looks like they know what their doing and using modern techniques too.

growingcrazy

Skills look to be better than anticipated. I guess that is what happens when its in your genes. It is sad to see a way of life that is so harmless and beneficial being destroyed over greed.

kakaman

Why on earth are they putting that shade netting over the canopy???? Tropical UVB light is a major reason for Columbia cannabis being so special. The shade net would reduce that.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Instead of sending help and resources, or holding a meeting with experts to get ideas on how to get this town out of the hole its been for the last 40 years, what they do is add more bills,”

Seems to be the case whenever ANY government gets involved!

Forcing the indigenous peoples to take "subsidies & credit" is akin to enslaving the people without their understanding or consent!

Government is the issue...
Not pot!!!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Impressive pictures. They are some skilled horitulturalists. To grow that many plants with pretty much primitive materials is quite the feat. All direct plant too, not a single smart pot full of 500 gallons of fox farm in sight.

The wonders of slash and burn agriculture! They probably use a new piece of forest every season. Same as coca farming!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
using cuttings too, i see. some of those coverings looked light-transparent to me. maybe to protect from frequent tropical cloud-bursts? where is Red Rider when you need him?

Latest posts

Latest posts