What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deezy's shipping container

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
so it's been literally forever since I've done a grow thread...and I suppose it's about time I give you guys a look at what I've been working on lately.

I bought this 20' shipping container last September, with every intention of having it up and running within 2 months MAX!...well, that didn't exactly work out. So, needless to say, I'm completely OVER growing in tents...my yields have suffered, my quality has suffered...I'm just ready to be done with this friggin build...but it's been dragging on, a lot had to do with my available budget, a lot had to do with being lazy...regardless of all of that, it is nearing completion, and it couldn't be quick enough.

picture.php

so specs:

20' x 8' x 8' are the total dimensions of the container, I built a wall at 14.5' from the back of the container to separate it into two rooms.

picture.php

picture.php

so my flower room is 14.5' x 7.5' x 7'8", the plan for now is just 3kw aircooled along the left side, leaving me about 1.5' of walkway on the right side. I have a 1ton soleus minisplit that was given to me that I will be utilizing until I ultimately upgrade to gavita flex's.
picture.php

walls are done with 2" RMAX insulation panels, ceiling has from top down: Radiant barrier, r-13 fiberglass roll insulation, and 1" RMAX panels...last summer I truly realized the importance of insulation, and it was a BIG deal with this build...this thing maintains a pretty constant temperature, regardless of outside conditions...dope!
It will be a sealed room w/ bottled co2, that I'll keep around 1000-1100 ppms

on the left side directly when you walk in the front door there is an elevated veg area that is roughly 4'x'4x5'(please ignore the mess! LOL)...I'll have a 400w mh in there keeping the little ones happy, and although it's still on my to-do list, I'm planning on making a diy light proof vent that I can install in the wall between the veg and flower room in order to keep the climate within range(along with negative pressure from the aircooling of the 400w)
picture.php

beneath the veg "tray" I'll have all my nutes & 4 reservoirs, one for each light. The plan is to have an every 3 week perpetual pull of 1kw

I grow in b'cuzz coco with canna base nutes, some h&g additives, and a few other things...but that's the gist of it...if anyone wants to know more just ask and I'll get more detailed.

The whole container is running on a 50A sub panel, that is fed with a 100ft 6/3 twistlock extension cord...so I have a little cushion below the recommended 80%max load on the circuit.(pics on next post)

the driving force behind me building out a container instead of a room in the house is I'm sick of building rooms and getting one or two harvests out of them before I'm tearing down and rebuilding...this way, I move my room moves...and all I have to do is plug it in and she's rockin....no more downtime, no more wasted time and money on temporary builds that don't provide my ideal growing environment...just plug and play...if I need it moved it cost me a few hundred bucks to get it pulled up onto a tow truck and dropped off right where I need it...another huge benefit is that the thing is fuggin steel, so thieves can go fuck themselves if they know whats good for em.

here's a list of the strains I currently have:

SFV OG
XXX OG
Tahoe OG
Florida Crippy
SSH
Jelly Donuts(Louis XIII OG x Forum cookies)
Million Dollar Baby(Cherry pie x Forum cookies)
ECSD
Lucy
Chloe
Sour Dubb
Gorilla Glue #4
Albert Walker
OG Mango
Little Dragon (BTY og x White Widow)
POW!(like pow! not p.o.w....LVPK x LV Sour Diesel)

well, that's al I have for now...I'll snap a couple plant shots in the next couple day to try and spice up the tread while we're waiting on me to finish up this build...did I mention it's taking FOR-EV-ER? lol

JUST A WARNING: if you want to see this thing finally up and running, you're gonna have to skip to about page 23...

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
picture.php

twist lock inlet

picture.php

Panel wiring

and I may as well add a few more for good measure ; )
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2nd place us sativa at Denver HTCC & 1st place us sativa at Seattle HTCC w/ SSH

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Subbed for this extravaganja!!!! Digging the modular situation, easy to cut an run when need be.

Hoarder:moon:

LOL I've literally been running 90%+ of SSH over the last 2 years, I'm burnt out on it...just added a lot of them because I gotta make this fun again, and in order to do that I gotta take it in the direction that I want to go with it, not the direction the market intends on dictating...just got to do it for me again.

the easy cut and run was 10000% a reason why I'm going this route...I rent, so packin up and leaving at a moments notice is always a possibility...and down time means I'm eating ramen...not the dank ass spicy chicken cup of noodles either, we're talking straight up like expired "beef" flavored ramen hahaha

iTarzan

Better late than never deez. You have a great project space to work with.

LOL! All that work and the first comment is "how did you get the crippy". Understandable but funny.

Why did you say tents were holding back your yield. Space and no CO2?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Better late than never deez. You have a great project space to work with.

LOL! All that work and the first comment is "how did you get the crippy". Understandable but funny.

Why did you say tents were holding back your yield. Space and no CO2?

the tents were hurting yield because of height restrictions, the negative pressure takes away like 20% of the canopy area, and the temporary nature that I had the tents working with in terms of hvac...it really made environmental control a challenge, and I honestly didn't have my head in it 100%, like I said just kinda burnt out growing nothing but haze...historically speaking I've never really put too much time in with sealed rooms, so this is a new one for me, but everyone that I know that runs sealed rooms are staples of consistency...something I'm still trying to achieve(my summer runs are consistently less dank, so at least that's consistent! LOL)

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
Hey now expired beef flavored ramens got my ass through some rough times lol, subbed for the show.
Good luck with the container:tiphat:

SurfdOut

Veteran
I just trip when folks say they have the Florida Krippy, after growing and selling so much of it in Central Florida in the 90's.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I understand...I trust my source, the guy's always pulling rabbits outta the hat. I'll throw up a veg shot, and you can tell me what you think :)

SurfdOut

Veteran
Thats the thing, there is no Florida Krippy strain. It is just marketing. In the late 80s we had Colombian and Mexi and then homegrown(aka green bud that nobody wanted). Slowly the homegrown kept getting better and better eventually all good weed was called Kryptonite.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
well, I'm just calling it what I was told it was...until recently, I was under the impression that "crippy" was just a term used for fire weed in florida...but I don't know, I've never even been to florida...afaik the cut I have is "the original og" my boy said it was from sometime in the 80's...the history of it all is so murky that I don't even want to say one way or another because I just don't know...he might chime in on it if he wants to

Cannavore

Veteran
legit setup deez. playing with fire as well :)

i think all colloquial slang used for cannabis had its basis in reality in the beginning. ie - there was a strain called crippy/kryptonite and then it became slang for all good weed in that region.... similarly to how piff aka uptown haze is both a strain, as well as slang for top shelf in the NY area.

really not trying to get into the crippy bs or ruin this thread, just wanted to add my two cents cause the crippy stuff reminds me of all the piff talk we get here :D

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Done with tents and moving them homie, strongly agree. How about a 1k for added strength on the vegg side? Whew! All the best in old Ironsides!

SurfdOut

Veteran
Yeah, sorry this has been hashed over a trillion times. Forgive me. Hey Art, did you ever make it up to the containers J is blowing up on the North Shore?

Latest posts

Latest posts