What's new

maximun / average yield in a 2x2x5 space? (60cm x 60cm x 155cm)

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Hello everyone :)

What is the maximum yield attainable with average producing plants in a 2x2x5 space in your opinion? (60cm x 60cm x 155cm)

Assuming your wattage is between 200watts - 350watts, good soil in 1 gallon containers (3.5 liters + -), generic fertilizer... Just think on average values for the whole thing.

You can fit about 6-9 plants in 1 gallon containers in such a space depending on containers' design (round, square, wide or narrow)

Imo, average yield would be in the vicinity of 100-150 dried and manicured buds, although a friend says it is double... I dunno?

I think 9 plants or cuttings, vegged out 60 days if from seed or 40 days if from cuttings, quick 'floweres' 60 days average can put out an average 100-150 grams, considering the environment and nutrition are good but not ideal, since ideal implies more work, gear and fancier nutrition.

What do you ladies and gentlemen think?

Thank you :)

Peace!

No way you need to veg more than 2 weeks in a 1 gallon? Please don't ever veg for 60 days in a 1 gallon and flower out in tht container...its going to be a bad time....your 100-150 is a good bet, it's 1.5-2x faster to do SOG though so that will be your best bet. Soil isn't quick enough for veg so I would do Hempy

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Thank you for your input vitamin :)

My experience has been strictly outdoors, until about a year ago that a friend with serious ptsd asked me to help him out with a micro grow in a 2x2 tent. Another friend of ours bought him a led panel (overkill for the space imo) and I got him some BOG beans...the two of them have not even watered their wives' house plants and so know zero about growing, and only me, the outdoor guy, has been struggling to make that 'lil tent grow enough to justify its very existence hehehe...

Yes, you are right about veg time and container size...was thinking of vegging in 1 liter pots, sorry for not specifying.

Any other ideas, advice is more than welcomed.

Btw, the led panel is a bud boss 343 grow evolution.

Peace!

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Thank you kips,

I have 6 liter square pots, can fit 6 of those in the 60cm x 60cm tent.

Do you think it is enough space to veg them and flower them in the same pots without needing to transplant after sexing?

The cultivar we have is BOG's blue moon rocks, and it is a slow vegger, makes huge fan leaves...could be as vitamin says that vegging in soil is too slow indoors...

Peace

Granger2

Veteran
Your tent's only 5' so with a a 60 day veg, you're likely to run out of head room. Flip to 12/12 as soon as they show sex. Good luck. -granger

Ingski

Yea I agree with granger my guess is that veg is wayy too long. I am growing in a 4x4x7 and I thought I was going to have around 2 months of veg. My plants just had to be transplanted into their last pots (3gals) and are 19-23" at just a day or two over a month under a 600W. My understanding is that they get 2-3x their size in flower, so as soon as these guys are settled in I have to flip or I'm afraid I'll run out of space!

Granger2

Veteran
Most strains will stretch about double in the 1st 3 weeks of bloom. A few indicas won't stretch much, while some sativas may triple or more in the 3 week stretch period. Good luck. -granger

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Hello everyone, thank you for your comments :)

Stretch depends a lot on the particulars of a given variety. For example, the Blue Moon Rocks have almost no stretch, at least not when grown indoors with a typical veg cycle of 18/6. Hence now will try a 12/12 from seed with the bmr, to see if the 12 hours of darkness from germination will help them stretch out better...super tight internode space is not ideal as it limits too much the space for flowers to grow...

Also thinking that in the "F2s" of this polyhybrid, more phenotypes are found so individuals better adapted will pop up at a greater rate.

Will see what happens, time will tell

Imo, if I can reach 100grams dried and cured, It'pl be a solid starting point.

Peace!

Ollie

Veteran
You should be able to get MINIMUM 15-25 g. dried pr. plant in Your 6l pots, being that the 200-350w is HID or top quality LED and the cultivar is working with You ..

With fluros / t5 etc. it´s going to be a lower overall yield.

ALl the best and keep growing !

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
thank you for your input friends :)

so, this is what's happening:

growing from seed, planted directly into medium (soil, compost and coco coir), blue moon rocks f2, 1.8 liter containers, 340 watts COB LEDs, 13/11 photoperiod (wanted 12/12 from start. but will give them 13/11 the first 4 weeks just for shits and giggles). once sex shows, will transplant only the best females into 6 liter pots. and will use a 10-10-10 (approx) semi-bio-organic fertilizer with micro-nutrients and all that jazz. nitrogen needed due to the photoperiod.

my previous assumption about the blue moon rocks being a slow vegger were due to considering it like the usual colombians I used to rock outside, that will veg nicely in a small container...now these bmr are vegging quite nicely in the 1.8 liter containers due to having way more space than I previously gave them since I had used little cups to start them in and veg.

hopefully will be able to document this grow and post it up, we'll see.

thank you all again and any other input is welcomed.

peace!