What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New 6 plant Gettotree setup.

ILoveit

gettogro Ive been following your threads for a while & Im intrigued, great setup & great job growing those plants.
What would you say are the main factory which contribute to mass roots & large yields?

cyat

Veteran
:laughing:
If cory and trevor are any relation to Me, myself, and I then they did a decent job.lol[/QUOTE]

come on ghetto u gotta check out trailer park boys!

gettogro

Veteran
[

:laughing:
If cory and trevor are any relation to Me, myself, and I then they did a decent job.lol

come on ghetto u gotta check out trailer park boys![/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it, I saw that movie it's hilarious. Growing in the trash cans....
Didnt make the connection..

gettogro

Veteran
picture.php

Plants r in. Looking like around 2 weeks veg time, depending how bad I shocked them in the move.

E

ekomsi

I have that same humidifier haha, your grows are always nice and clean gotta love that.

D

DHF

Here`s hopin all the plants fill in their designated area and swell accordingly Bro....and.....

Here`s a lil tip from back in the day runnin big ass chillers to keep juice temps below 70 degrees "in the rootzones" cuz Rez temps don`t mean dick once the juice enters the room with all the bare bulbs......so....

Run the chillers at 65 , monitor the actual tote rootzone temps for optimum growth , and it would`nt hurt ta wrap the totes and the drain/flow pipe in Reflectix for added insulation and insurance regardless of your Killer a/c setup , cuz it`s the little things that`ll jump your yields up guaranteed.....and....

1 more thing I came up with when I switched from Krusty buckets to Ebb and Flow buckets.....Even though you`ve got dedicated air to roots in each container , what really boosted my bitches back in the day was a "Thru-Hull bait aerator" from keepalive.com for the main 325 gal Rez I had for 2 flip rooms runnin a month apart in age and 35-5 gal bucket plants in each ........

I`m a slave to land locked saltwater striper fishin , and it hit me 1 day while I was lookin at my round bait tank and how the only thing keepin em alive and vigorous was the controlled solution temps from the insulated tank , but mostly the dissolved oxygen the aerator was pumpin into the juice they were livin in.......and I`m talkin 13-15" Gizzard Shad that HAD ta be kept alive for the big fish ....

Millions of microscopic bubbles suspended in solution 24/7/365 made my bitches explode with the O2 always there in the rootzone , and it certainly would give yas the edge when you`re needin 3 lb plants while recirculatin juice constantly through the rootzones....to defininitely supplement your......

Air pumps and diffusers that have waaaay considerably bigger bubbles that rise to the top and burst instead of staying suspended in solution where there roots actually need em for explosive growth.....Anyways...

I know you`re skilled Bro....Believe me ....it shows with all your attention to detail.....Just tryin ta help yas get on up there where yas need ta be with a few tweaks....so.....Good luck and...

Peace...DHF....:ying:.......

Last edited:

gettogro

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for the tips, Chiller is set to run at 65, I will be sure to check the rootzone temps once I get it running on all 4 cylinders. I got just the 600's running at 50% right now.. Actually, today I just finished wrapping all the tubs with reflectix. Might be able to experiment some more with aeration, after I can recoup some of the startup costs. I would love to try some of those bait well aireators, Was also thinking of incorporating a swirling vortex in between each plant site using a cone bottom 15 gallon container with a swirling whirlpool before each site., that would really be trick... I am still wondering if using the higher co2 air in the room to aerate the water would be counter productive...The rule is to put the air pumps outside the the co2 enriched room, but I see people all the time with their pumps in the flower room and it seems to work fine...

water_spin.jpg

IMG_0159.JPG

These installed in the 3" pvc in between each site...

D

DHF

There`s folks waay smarter than me GG for the scientific explanation as to why CO2 in the rootzones is a bad thingy , but trust me......

If yas can put the pumps outside the growroom , then that`s 1 less thing yer bitches gotta worry about so they can hoon fer yas...if not....

Work towards it in the future....and ....The thru-hull bait aerators are the shit....cheap as fuck too....They work off 12 volts so all that`s needed is a ac adapter/converter to plug in the oulet and they use virtually no electricity for bigtime bang for the buck.....

Nobody can deny how tight all your setup equipment and controllers looks , so far be it for me ta try and tell yas what to do , cuz the totes covered in reflectix before I even suggested it show`s me we`re on the same page.....Good luck...and...

Holler if I can help....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

Nonphixion

Did you build that 5-gallon upside-down cone-shaped whirlpool generator, or is that just a picture of something you want to build? It looks pretty pro and clean, looks like your construction style.

Latest posts

Latest posts