What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Matrix Overloaded! Two Rooms, 16K Gavita, Current Culture, CO2,..........

Agent-Smith

Neo is good, but so is Conan!!
Conan_Matrix.gif

Now this one is going to be fun.....
Take the Red Pill, and come along for the ride. :D
436936_main.jpg

Here's a quick breakdown of the parts and rooms:

Each room is 20'Lx10'Wx10'H and will hold 8 x 1000WDE Gavita lights. There will be a 5-Ton A/C for each room along with a 32-site Double Barrel Current Culture System, a 1HP Chiller, Water-cooled CO2 supplementation, oscillating fans, and a top-up reservoir.

I'm going to try and explain everything as I go along but if there's any other questions, feel free to ask. :D

Here's the area before getting started:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And here is a bunch of the parts, just waiting to be installed:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Adrift

Veteran
everything sounds great!!! one question tho...

dont you think 2, 5 tons is a bit over kill ???

ur only cooling 8 lights with each 5 ton right???

unless you already have them, or plan to add more lights :) you could def go a bit smaller, which im sure you already know, just curious is all!

later! :joint:

Agent-Smith

everything sounds great!!! one question tho...

dont you think 2, 5 tons is a bit over kill ???

ur only cooling 8 lights with each 5 ton right???

unless you already have them, or plan to add more lights :) you could def go a bit smaller, which im sure you already know, just curious is all!

later! :joint:

The 5-Tons of cooling was done intentionally for two reasons.

1. I'd rather have a 5-Ton that barely has to work at all than a 3 or 4-Ton that has to work all the time.
2. I plan to add more lights eventually.

Agent-Smith

So, as we get started, things need to be cleaned first and crap cleaned up off of the walls for framing to get started:

picture.php

picture.php

And once everything is clean, framing could begin. Sorry I don't have a lot of pics of the framing going up, when you have a lot of Smith's running around, work tends to get done fast :D

picture.php

picture.php

Agent-Smith

moving right along, Here's the electrical boxes going in and wiring being ran to them all. The wiring for each room consists of 2 x 20 Amp 120V circuits and 2 x 30 Amp 240V circuits. The 240V breakers can be upgraded in the future to run more lights without having to upgrade the wiring. Just switch out the breakers and the controllers and presto! Double the lights :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the Main panel after I pulled out a bunch of garbage wiring and cleaned it up a bit

picture.php

And here it is all wired up and ready to rock!

picture.php

E

ekomsi

You lucky bastard I really want a building like that!!! This is going to be a great show, I cant wait to see it play out. Good luck bro.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn this shit is serious!! that is some skill right there in the fabrication and setup.....cant wait to see that spot filled with ladies..

Agent-Smith

Did somebody say drywall???

These pics are of the left room only. The right room is basically a mirror copy except for a small cut out in the room that we had to make for the roll up door to still be functional.

picture.php

Ceiling
picture.php

Back wall
picture.php

Right wall
picture.php

Left wall
picture.php

Agent-Smith

Here's the cut out for the other room I was talking about

picture.php

Doors hung

picture.php

Registers and reflection ready to be installed on the ceilings.

picture.php

The receptacles are starting to be wired in

picture.php

Reflection going on the ceiling, grills being installed, and the light controllers and timers are going in

picture.php

This picture shows the install of the controller and timer. Each light controller has an outlet located right next to it for close proximity of the timer, ease of install, and cleanliness of the wiring runs.

picture.php

Here's the ceiling with all of the reflection finished, grills and register installed, controllers and timers finished, a work light installed, and all seams have been taped.

picture.php

And here is the room with PANDA film covering the walls and the seams taped. Most people would consider this room done now......but not me :D

picture.php

A quick look at the roll in the corner may give you an idea of what's next......

picture.php

The Panda Film was only installed to act as a moisture barrier, the real reflection is going on top of it. ORCA FILM!! And you thought Panda Film was white!?!

picture.php

This shows the difference between the two. Notice the visible hot spots in the Panda, you don't see it in the Orca :D

picture.php

Agent-Smith

OK, so now you guys are all caught up with me on how far along this build is right now. Tomorrow I am hoping to finish the ORCA, get all of the cover plates installed, install all of the oscillating fans, and hopefully install the CO2 as well. Guess we'll see tomorrow right? Have a good night guys :D

benjuanman

Veteran
Fuck Agent Smith can't wait to see this one especially knowing how u seem to roll. wish there was more UC grows on here to look at. So u better be able to give me my regular UC fix lol. Those pvc pipes are 3inch?? god damn thats some water pumping through there if it is. Peace