What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My underground bunker, 2000w cooltube setup

BudBunker

Well Ive been working on this for the past month, and its now looking like a real growroom.

I personnaly thank Krypto, HOG, BOG, & SoQuick, you have helped inspire me to do this.

What you see here is a burried 8'x8'x20' storage container. I have placed a storage shed overtop the exposed area.

This is the old trap door

The new trap door, and floorboards

BudBunker

I use rare-earth neodymium magnets to hold up my polytarp, which ive redone 3 times. The magnets dont need to be large becase they are very strong.

Heres my first try at the polytarp room

And heres my 3rd and final polytarp room. There is a large hepa filter built in, and a tarp-zipper. This is looking at a 4'x5'x8' sealed room I made

BudBunker

Heres a peek at my hydro setup. I built a 12 bucket multi-flow using Krypto's excellent DIY thread. I have 5gal cell buckets, with 3.5gal inserts(not shown) They can be placed close like shown, or spread out to fill the 2000w area

Heres a shot of a cooltube. They are so nice, and definetly worth the money. The reflector can be bent to reflect the light anywhere, or removed, used for verticle lighting ect.. It is made by Hydro-tek

Very nice reflector

I have it cooled by a 6" german made "silver bullet" inline fan.

BudBunker

Im waiting on 12 clones to root. Been going a week now, so anyday...

The strain im growing is just a local strain, my freind just finished his first closet grow with good results, so im gunna give it a try.
Heres a pic of a finnished bud. Lots of trichs.

Wow, nice setup

Wow, nice setup

Damn Budbunker, I like your style. Go big or go home! :eek: What does your ventilation system consist of. I didn't notice any vent topside. Is water and humidity a problem or does the tarp hold it back? Looking forward to your next update. Nice job and nice looking bud. :canabis:
:wave:

NoS

BudBunker

i have a 6" duct ran into a homade muffler in the shed, it has a 6" inline fan which is connected to the cooltubes. I will run this whenever the lights are on. I have a 465cfm blower hooked to a tempstat in case temps get too high with just the inline fan.

Humidity is easily controlled because of the tarp. I still have to keep the humidity down in the main room also.

Jah

Way to go. I've been dreaming of the sme type op. Where did yu get the container? A fuel cell gen for 20Kw of juice and your off to the races.

cashcrop

Man, how in the world did you get that thing underground??? Did you rent some heavy equipment or something? Awesome Idea man, i'm going to remember this if i ever live out in the country.

G

very nice budbunker, looks like you put alot of thought into it. I hope it works out good for you. I am using a old cistern currently with good results.

Very cool Budbunker. Something I'd like to do sometime. The first pic of your bunker down under, next to the ladder, it looks like a bunch of giant doobies LOL

BudBunker

It was burried at least 5 years ago. I didnt do it, or know how it was done. I have 2 of these. Ones not completly burried.

The other one has a Trace power inverter, 8 HIUGE deep cycle batteries, and a cement generator mount layed in the floor. He previously had a deisel generator hooked up.

The inverter model is a Trace SW series II, and a DcC disconnect/overcurrent module, model DC 250(350a breaker)

I have lots of papers with info, I think its a list of everything with the specs of what he needed them to do.

Usage ~ 6.5 kwh per day average(this was previous owner)
3 days autonomy............... 3 days (6.5kwh/day)= 19.5 kwh total capacity needed
Then it lists Surge watts, lists a fridge, a freezer, and a 1/2 hp wellpump, totalling 10,400surge and 2400w operatiing
Looks like it was just for normal house stuff.

Must be able to handle 2,400 watts continous, and 10,000 surge, 24vdc operating input, 120vac output, three stage battery charger,automatic generator start/stop, 60 amp utility AC transfer relay

I have 8 batteries in my battery bank.
19.5kwh capacity @ 24vdc = 812.5 ah@ 24vdc

(8)- Trojan L-16 6v 2400ah batteries give us 800 ah @ 24vdc

Now i dont have a generator. He previously owned a 8000watt s195 engine, 1800 rpm continous duty generator, with murphy remote.

I have No idea how to use this thing. It isnt turned on right now because of that. SUpposedly it can be used as a battery backup, because i dont have a generator.

Does anyone know how i set this thing up?