What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why no credit cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecondAttempt

So I really want the new CBD seeds as well as others but bank transfers are a pain and credit cards aren’t accepted currently(having that trouble with other seed banks lately too). Ace’s FAQs say I can mail cash but I can’t find an address and when I try to check out mailing payment doesn’t come up as an option.

Any help?

D

DNM1

So I really want the new CBD seeds as well as others but bank transfers are a pain and credit cards aren’t accepted currently(having that trouble with other seed banks lately too). Ace’s FAQs say I can mail cash but I can’t find an address and when I try to check out mailing payment doesn’t come up as an option.

Any help?

1. Credit/Debit card. ( Temporary only for European Union )

2. Bank transfer.

3. Cash through registered mail.
Picked it up just now from their own site
An email might, does help
Had that problem(credit card payments)few times,and,I think it's my own bank's security,ie,some payments won't go through if "it" feels it's not secure enough
:)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I don't get why some people find bank transfer a pain... Once the payee is saved in your bank app, how much pain in the ass is it to chose amount and put order id in comm. If it's not saved, you don't even have to put contact address or so. Only IBAN is actually useful.

I'm pretty sure it's actually faster than typing your debit or credit card number, registered name, expiration date and validate it with code/bank app, payee saved or not

What's the big deal in having to wait a few days for the payment to be received by Ace? I think sending money over mail is really a bad idea, takes as much time as bank transfer anyway.

SecondAttempt

Last time I did a bank transfer I had to go into the branch, my paranoia made me feel like they knew what I was ordering. I’ll have to see if my app has the ability they did just update it so maybe.

HillBillyAlien

Last time I did a bank transfer I had to go into the branch, my paranoia made me feel like they knew what I was ordering. I’ll have to see if my app has the ability they did just update it so maybe.

Isn't there other apps you can use beside your bank app to send a bank transfer? Zelle is one i think.. never used any of them tho

D

DNM1

Isn't there other apps you can use beside your bank app to send a bank transfer? Zelle is one i think.. never used any of them tho
Cash Registered Mail is an other option.Avoid the bank, place the order, email?(not sure how it works),post, tracking no.,done.No paranoia, no apps

HillBillyAlien

Cash Registered Mail is an other option.Avoid the bank, place the order, email?(not sure how it works),post, tracking no.,done.No paranoia, no apps

yeah, but how much does it cost to ship cash over seas? last time i sent something overseas it was a smell package to a friend online and it cost 20$ to ship first class tracking :/

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Good luck finding ace seeds website by looking up "ace web progress" on a search engine.

I don’t think there is anything to be paranoid about. Bank would need to see a warrant to give out anything about your account, transfer and so on. Unless there is a judge onto you, that’s not going to happen...

D

DNM1

Good luck finding ace seeds website by looking up "ace web progress" on a search engine.

I don’t think there is anything to be paranoid about. Bank would need to see a warrant to give out anything about your account, transfer and so on. Unless there is a judge onto you, that’s not going to happen...
It's "mentality","stigma",some cultures have created around weed, won't even go to the bank because "people are watching".Me,I have no problem,or had with Ace Seeds.Actually was very pleased to find my local seed bank,have stocked/updated their catalogue with almost all of Ace goodies, whatever the cost for posting it to me!! Now 20 bucks is the problem

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Keep your transactions under 5k and you're golden. In Canada, 5k and up gets reported to Fintrac and rcmp. It used to be 10k.

D

DNM1

It's "mentality","stigma",some cultures have created around weed, won't even go to the bank because "people are watching".Me,I have no problem,or had with Ace Seeds.Actually was very pleased to find my local seed bank,have stocked/updated their catalogue with almost all of Ace goodies, whatever the cost for posting it to me!! Now 20 bucks is the problem
Got inspired
Bangi Haze
Panama Haze
Nepalese Jam
Orient Express on the way
Have to learn to grow them short.Next run sorted

D

DNM1

Nice order.. happy 2020
Thanks my friend.
Overcome the 'social" hurdles, order the seeds.An "excuse",negativity ,will show in your grow and it's not a "attack" to any person when I mention the 20 bucks transport cost
Quality costs, transport fees are high for your order to come securely to your doorstep
Happy 2020 S.A and will help as much as I can when you get started

Last edited:
E

ESTERCHASER

I don't get why some people find bank transfer a pain... Once the payee is saved in your bank app, how much pain in the ass is it to chose amount and put order id in comm. If it's not saved, you don't even have to put contact address or so. Only IBAN is actually useful.

I'm pretty sure it's actually faster than typing your debit or credit card number, registered name, expiration date and validate it with code/bank app, payee saved or not

What's the big deal in having to wait a few days for the payment to be received by Ace? I think sending money over mail is really a bad idea, takes as much time as bank transfer anyway.

Im just hate banks, bankers... and the greed they bleed! aside from that if you really wanna grab those beans "LET THE FORCE GUIDE YOU"

Last edited:
E

ESTERCHASER

can we get a journal of them please?

can we get a journal of them please?

Got inspired
Bangi Haze
Panama Haze
Nepalese Jam
Orient Express on the way
Have to learn to grow them short.Next run sorted

id like to see what ya can do brother!

:biggrin::biggrin:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I used a credit card, very convenient , actually a little to convenient.(can get in trouble very easily) I would like to see gift cards for payment. I'm already tempted to use it again.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah but ya need ID now.

Accepting credit transactions is a huge risk for a vendor. Customers are the least trustworthy part of the equation and will accept an order and chargeback at the drop of a hat.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Not Canada post card.

Still, buying isn't the risk, selling is. Even then, it's not that big. Tiny even.

People give banks and Leo way way too much credit. Contrary to conspiracy theorists, even low level hobbyists, they're nowhere near as sophisticated as you're lead to believe. Besides, terrorists are keeping them busy hacking their websites. And Leo can't even find *them. The only danger is if they are already on top of you. The movies are dumb dumb dumb and don't think our overlords are any smarter.

20 years from now we'll be wishing it was 2020. Just like I wish it was still 1995 with a simple SMB port scanner. (Please... share your printer. Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.