What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace grow - issues...

blondie

Popped these beans around mid October and been having issues ever since. Ace grow, 4 standard Malawi’s, one f2 cross of mine and several half Malawi. All Soil under 600 w mh bulb. I thought high tap water ph so adjusted. Still didn’t solve. I also been fighting what I think is powdery mildew. Sprayed a bunch of hydrogen peroxide multiple times and does not seem to be removing. I’m about to spray some baking soda. What has worked for pm for everyone? I have access to something called rampart. It’s not something I really want to use but maybe needed?

Any ideas what looks wrong here? Is this in fact pm and what is causing leaves to brown and die?

Edit: humidity is 35%, temps are steady about 73F.

Attachments

• F57F93FF-DB70-4993-AD4E-DAF49585F947.jpg
    F57F93FF-DB70-4993-AD4E-DAF49585F947.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 44FFE2BA-D2C7-4725-BCAF-B51E22FB3C8E.jpg
    44FFE2BA-D2C7-4725-BCAF-B51E22FB3C8E.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 39
  • FE4BB573-D000-46A4-88E8-0117E990BE4E.jpg
    FE4BB573-D000-46A4-88E8-0117E990BE4E.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 28

StrongTree

im no expert and im sure someone will come along with more ideas... but for starters try some nutrient disorder charts (not definitive.. but may help to understand the issue)

https://pevgrow.com/blog/en/diagnosing-diseases-in-cannabis-plants/
https://www.loudclouds.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg
and theres plenty more like these if you search "cannabis nutrient disorder or deficiency etc

you may want soil ph and cec readings to guide your solution
but also what are you ferting ....(downward curl suggests perhaps over)...looks like mostly yellowing at the leaf edge...so micros and are cal/mag could be out whack...as far as the mildew i would try to confirm it's presence... find a suspect circle look closely for the white strands on the leaf surface...i had success with foliar potasium bicarb like this https://www.yourplantdoctor.com/organocide-organic-fungicide/

also think about water and soil temps...are you plants well rooted and drinking up water fast or slow... and what is the soil your in

when in doubt i foliar kelp and and stop ferts.... then just water or water and seaweed for a few wet dry cycles...often something will be revealed or resolved during that cycle... ok hope they get well soon

S

Sertaiz

any gnats?
and testing the ph of your drain off or soil would determine if its ph.
how is your air flow ?
all the best! frustrating i know.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Anything crawling on your ladies? Look under the leafs. Pm should be easy to spot with its significant white powdery spots. The little holes on your leafs let me think of critters.
You could try some neem or something like that. When i got spidermites i use spruzit from neudorf 2-3 times every 3. day.

D

DNM1

Popped these beans around mid October and been having issues ever since. Ace grow, 4 standard Malawi’s, one f2 cross of mine and several half Malawi. All Soil under 600 w mh bulb. I thought high tap water ph so adjusted. Still didn’t solve. I also been fighting what I think is powdery mildew. Sprayed a bunch of hydrogen peroxide multiple times and does not seem to be removing. I’m about to spray some baking soda. What has worked for pm for everyone? I have access to something called rampart. It’s not something I really want to use but maybe needed?

Any ideas what looks wrong here? Is this in fact pm and what is causing leaves to brown and die?

Edit: humidity is 35%, temps are steady about 73F.
Are they in flower?, or, has that been delayed because of "issues"?

Koondense

Veteran
There are signs of spidermite/thrips/gnats infestation, possibly also your water is hard. Try flushing with demineralised or distilled water and take a good look under the leaves to find some pests.

Oh, and 35% humidity is way low, go over 50% if you can.

Best of luck.

Cheers

kamyo

Veteran
Did you just repot into this container? Two things I can think of is either some nutrient burn from a hot soil it was reported into. Or maybe root rot, which I've had the displeasure of experiencing.

Usually get root rot when I go overboard trying to fix an issue and end up giving her too much water.

Latest posts

Latest posts