What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick Goes To Mars!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:santa1::gift: fedex santa came with goodies today!!!

big thanks again to joy and mars hydro for supplying the light,i promise to be only mildly biased in my review of the light!:)

all kidding aside,and free stuff aside,this will be an honest assessment of the light,good or bad. as with any piece of grow room gear it has to be used correctly,and any mistakes the user makes should be taken into account,and i'm sure i will make a few along the way.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unpacking and assembly

unpacking and assembly

the light arrived in a plain brown box with no overt markings,no signs of shipping damage. not very heavy at all,the hlg panels weigh a bit more.

the light was well packed,once again no signs of damage,everything needed was included in the box,hanging hardware,ratchet hangers,the drivers,and the cords..

i elected to attach the drivers to the light since fall is here and the heat will be needed to keep the tent warmer during lights on. quick and easy with the included thumb screws.

overall it feels well built and reasonably sturdy aside from the mounting plate where the drivers attach and the hanging hardware as well,that seems like it could be a bit thicker and as well the holes for the hanging hardware are right in line with where the cords come out of the drivers and is my only complaint with the build of the panel.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
time to fire it up!

time to fire it up!

a second small gripe about the hanging system...

with the drivers attached some fiddling was involved,and zip ties,to get the lamp to hang straight,but really that's true of all lamps...not a deal breaker by any means...

fired right up and the first thing i thought was "holy smokes this thing is bright!"

glasses are highly recommended...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
let's load her up!

let's load her up!

time for some plants....

everyone got some leg shaving and the peanut butter breath got topped...

so,interesting to note that the light appears white to the eye,but just a slight difference in tilt of the camera and it takes on a more orange hue...
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
ok... i'm in... i need some 'cheap' led's for sub lighting for my 4x3.5' tent which is lacking light with 2x315 cmh's...
all reports on mars seem to be good... BUT... their 3year warr is really 3mos... that worries me...

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always love setting up new equipment !
Glad to hear they come plain packaged. How is the company name listed for the sender's address ?

Good luck, I hope you love it !

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always love setting up new equipment !
Glad to hear they come plain packaged. How is the company name listed for the sender's address ?

Good luck, I hope you love it !

senders address

return only
something something
perth amboy nj...

so not the "pot light growing co" or some such

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
senders address

return only
something something
perth amboy nj...

so not the "pot light growing co" or some such

I know, I hate when a huge box by the mailbox (on the roadside) is covered with hydro store jargon, not cool. It's not in either of our best interests, ding dong. :moon:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just about to go and up-pot the ladies and check on them after their first day under the lamp...better put on some sunscreen so the light doesn't give me a sunburn!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got the plants all up-potted...i was wanting to have one each in a smart pot but i ran a wee bit short on medium so i used a 3 1/2 gallon bucket...

did some neck snappin' on the sunset sherbet to help even out the canopy,pretty soon i can install the trellis and start training them...but hopefully still flipping to 12/12 in 2-3 weeks...that will coincide with the main led room getting harvested and new plants going in and since these same three varieties will also be run there we can roughly compare the results against the horticulture lighting group panels which are 150w more powerful.
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]