What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

GreenAndFast

Next on the menu from November. Tropical boogie. 4.43g. Harder than marble. Smells sweet, funky and meaty

PXL_20240203_111634736.jpg

gumzgi

@Prs2xs smells like concentrated cat piss/shit, when it burns you cant hide the smell very loud smell.. but very letargic in terms of high.
From my trials with makin cobs becouse im still learnin(many cobs i forget about them and didnt dry them properly and i dont like em anymore or some i started them to wet and they fermented for to long, that i call fail). I had 2 cobs this year that I wish the weed itselfs be like that forever. the most beautiful high possible..these cobs i already smoked em. the different thing i did on these 2 cobs its that they were sweated in the 20/30C for 3 days in a greenhouse and after that 3 days i just fully dried them and vaccumed again, that was all , hope ima reproduce that next time herbs available

GreenAndFast

So I literally stuff a pollen press with the slightly trim bud after hanging for a few days. Humidity is high here in Wales as you can imagine. Then tighten down as much as the pressure allows it, I don't over do it but she's tight AF. Then I pop it out and into a vacuum bag. Seal and keep on a warm places which was a seedling mat which I believe is around 20c? Not sure, but I left it for 24 hours and then opened the bag let dry to the touch and revacuum seal the lot. I left her for a while but she's come out great.

Modern problems require modern solutions
PXL_20240203_173010291.jpg

Dont sweat the technique
PXL_20240203_173053607.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran
Some 2 month old candy bars Panama and Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian
First the Panamaaaaaaaa boy I love the funky aroma of Aces Panama and the high cob cured is out of this world.

IMG_3555.JPG
IMG_3556.JPG

Then some Mulanje x Malaw/Ethiopian this my crazy mother fucker blend if I want to loose control and go rampant this is the one ha ha. Pine and Menthol nasal clearing stuff.

IMG_3557.JPG
IMG_3557b.JPG

Already starting to get angel dust on both just dried them and resealed them for aging at least 6 months.
I really love the crackle and pop of lightly seeded buds plus the high is a lot better IMO.

I cant wait for my June grow Mozambique x Mulanje and Swazi x Mulanje plus some Malawi Gold oh yeah!

Baba Karuna

Jai Siya Ram🙏🏼

Loving all the beautiful cobs in this thread 🤩

I'm starting to break out my cobs from last years outdoor harvest. Here is some Egyptian Heirloom that I have been wokring with for the last 8 years. I have been selecting for a Pungent Peach, Rosey scent, which accompanies a heart opening, blissful, mediative, long lasting effect. This primary scent is pretty consistent and can have yeasty, funky fruit notes mixed in. This past year I encountered some heavy "Rose" aromas devoid of sweetness and fruit. The star of this season is an incredible "Tangerine" expression that cured to an "Orange Tic Tac" flavor. When inhaled it leaves a "Minty" sensation on the throat and lungs. Very smooth smoke. The power of Cobbing is incredible 🤩

This Egyptian was seeded by a choice Nigerian 😍

Om Namah Shivaya!

Attachments

• IMG_6236.jpg
    IMG_6236.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6232.jpg
    IMG_6232.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6217.jpg
    IMG_6217.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6214.jpg
    IMG_6214.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6290.jpg
    IMG_6290.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6287.jpg
    IMG_6287.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Baba Karuna

Some Mother's Light (Egyptian x Waziri x Malana Cream x Purple Kandahar)

Very Centering, Mellow, Meditative, Blissful, Easy Going. Smells of Leather, Fuel, Savory Meat, and Cologne. 🥰

Jai Maa!

Attachments

• cob02.jpg
    cob02.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • Cob01.jpg
    Cob01.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6072.jpg
    IMG_6072.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6114.jpg
    IMG_6114.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6107.jpg
    IMG_6107.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6106.jpg
    IMG_6106.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39

Tangwena

Veteran
Some Mother's Light (Egyptian x Waziri x Malana Cream x Purple Kandahar)

Very Centering, Mellow, Meditative, Blissful, Easy Going. Smells of Leather, Fuel, Savory Meat, and Cologne. 🥰

Jai Maa!
Outstanding smoke report brother I loved that floral perfume aroma when I still smoked.
I am sure its smooth as silk on that magic carpet ride.
I've never experienced those exotic strains before but they are all legendary.
I had some Colombian Gold x Demon Latcher cob today just over a year old and crystal clear perfection chewed magic stuff.

LHC

Thank´s a lot for the feedback @Tangwena and @Taima-da

Peace of mind to know everything looks good:)

Do you think I could just leave them for a month or so, or should I check on them regularly?
Now my cobs have fermented for a month. If I remember correct, the next step is to open them up and dry them for a couple days before vacuum them again, and leave them to cure at room temperature?

Baba Karuna

One of my Peruvian Heirlooms from last year 🙏🏼 This one smelled like sweet, tropical fruit, black pepper, plastic, and reminded me of an artificial tropical candy because of the plastic type aroma. Very astringent. The effects are incredly strong. Soaring, cerebral, clear headed, enhanced colors/vision, racing heart, energetic, psychedelic, and meditative. The cobbing brings more mellowness and a feeling of being centered in the body, smoking a pinner joint made me feel like I had ingested a small amount of DMT. Smooth smoke that expands greatly in the lungs. A truly standout "Sativa", one of the best I have encountered.

Bom Bom Bolenath Mahadeva!

Attachments

• IMG_6274.jpg
    IMG_6274.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6277.jpg
    IMG_6277.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6281.jpg
    IMG_6281.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6283.jpg
    IMG_6283.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33

Taima-da

If they're dry to touch you should be good to seal up and age.
They'll be good by the look of it.
I'd still keep an eye on them month to month just for peace of mind but if they come out feeling dry when you open them you should be right... You could even just ditch the paper wraps and inspect through the vac bag... If they look good, they'll be fine

Tangwena

Veteran
If they're dry to touch you should be good to seal up and age.
They'll be good by the look of it.
I'd still keep an eye on them month to month just for peace of mind but if they come out feeling dry when you open them you should be right... You could even just ditch the paper wraps and inspect through the vac bag... If they look good, they'll be fine
I agree they look real nice and ready to age.

Latest posts

Latest posts