What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lights (broke_

cohaze

hello everyone! thanks for reading....
i am starting to understand more and more about growing though this site, than hanging at the library all day doing research!!!

I have three little seedlings coming out,
all are on different stages of their growth.Right now, I am using 2 @100W CFL lights, which is about 34,000 lumens.
(According to the packaging).

I did not plan for these little beans to sprout! I sort of threw them in a pot of soil and within a week, I had a seedling poking out! Now, I have them in their own pots.

So, the strain for these are (outdoor humbolt)? Anyways, only one of them looks like it will make it, it is growing bushy instead of tall and scraggly.

I have been toying with growing for about six months, but I just can not afford the lights right now! I was hoping someone knew of someone or somewhere where I can get a "quality" switchable HPS/MH System.

I will have the loot in time for flowering (I hope)! So that I may get something.
And I want to specifically invest on something that I can use in the future.

I am looking to get a 400 Watter. I have very small and limited space, but I can build a cabinet 36" x 36" with a lock and put it somewhere else.

Right now, everything is in the corner of my closet and that space is 22" x 22" and a height of 64". For that space I would definetly need at 250 Watter, just because of the heat.

But slowly and surely I will get there.

Thanks for any input!!!

king j

" did not plan for these little beans to sprout! I sort of threw them in a pot of soil and within a week, I had a seedling poking out! Now, I have them in their own pots."

sounds like you planned it to me, I thought you were gonna have some story about some seeds that got a little wet and sprouted in a storage bag or something.

what sucks is that you cant find anyother growers in your area at a hempfest or some sort of meeting place like that cause most areas have growers and places that those growers buy their supplies at least in some sort of drivable distance. i know i have seen a few auctions on websites now and again selling 400watters at rather cheap prices maybe 125 or 90 for a really good deal.
you can also consider using an incredible amount of flouros and growing things that way cause the results arent always that different from HID. though the pros and the cons for them both about cancel out so really wont save you money other then you can buy flouros as you need them till you have all you need for a good flowering.
anyway hope you can find what you are needign and hope your buds soon grow big and pretty. later

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
i am in the uk, i picked up a 400w hps low bay security lamp, for 57 pounds, all i had to do, was make the ballast remote, which they show u how, over at OG, i am never gonna buy a specifacally built grow lamp again, coz this bitch works well

Niemand

g13 said:
Do you have experience with them? you cant even type their name at OG and some people were implying thats because of all the negative reviews etc.
I would love to save some money (more for seeds) but dont need the runaround or just negativity (Chasing someone down for a light, I got better things to do)
But, I am in need of a new one, so I await your and anyone else who might have some info on them! THANKS, Niemand

toofat

I have bought 2 systems from Inside Sun. I recently bought xtra bulbs. I have never had any trouble with them. Some of the peeps at OG will attack anyone whether they have did business with a company or not. It's a clique thing over at OG.

DarkLance

Hold on a sec man, you don't need a 400W switchable ballast to grow in a 3' x 3' cabinet.

Read this: Stealth Cabinet

I built 2 similar ones and will be growing a killer amount of weed soon (I Hope!) Utilize the ScrOG Method and you will get copious amounts of smokeables

I'm running 1 150W Home Depot HPS light in each. That's more than enough as far as I can tell. With a cheap homemade ozone generator and a 150CFM Dayton fan its nice and tight. And no one knows its there, if you do it right. I will be posting pictures soon.

Think smarter, not bigger

Niemand

toofat said:
I have bought 2 systems from Inside Sun. I recently bought xtra bulbs. I have never had any trouble with them. Some of the peeps at OG will attack anyone whether they have did business with a company or not. It's a clique thing over at OG.
Thanks toofat,
I did notice that, as well as the negativity, but its OG and you try to turn a blind eye to it! But it is getting harder and harder and if everything works out with InsideSun, it almost cost me a good light at a great price! Se La Vie! Niemand

G

Dont take any opinions from OG when dealing with a business. Like it was said earlier its a clique over there. Just a bunch of sideliners and cheerleaders. Inside Sun has done more good than bad for the growers on these sites. Its just the upset ones are always the loudest. Inside Sun is a good company that has great deals and a better track record than you hear about. Grow on!

Blatant

Okie grown

Veteran
inside sun

inside sun

I would never buy from that guy again.I just got my 400 watt hps from mike at inside sun after several e-mails and unreturned phone calls.Then when you do get ahold of the guy he acts like you are some kinda bother even thow he charged my cc 2 months ago and still have not recived my light.But like i said i did get a working light after like 10 weeks.Next time i will spend the extra $50 and get a new system as the ecno. system he sells is not.And only have to wait 2 weeks as apposed to 10.Buy from him at youre own risk.I dont bad talk anyone or any company.Just letting everyone know how i was treated.And how i feel.If you go to e-bay and read testamonals you will see that everyone was happy with him till the start of the new year.There are like 100 people that had the same prob. as me in 04 (wish i would have read this before ordering).Just do youre homework before orering and if you still feel safe than go for it!I think the only reason i got my order is by threating to drive out and see him.After i left a mess. saying i was going to drive out to see him i got my order the next week.I think most peps. prob. would have just giveing up after a couple months but not me.

Last edited:

Niemand

Re: inside sun

Re: inside sun

Okie grown said:
I would never buy from that guy again.I just got my 400 watt hps from mike at inside sun after several e-mails and unreturned phone calls.Then when you do get ahold of the guy he acts like you are some kinda bother even thow he charged my cc 2 months ago and still have not recived my light.But like i said i did get a working light after like 10 weeks.Next time i will spend the extra $50 and get a new system as the ecno. system he sells is not.And only have to wait 2 weeks as apposed to 10.Buy from him at youre own risk.I dont bad talk anyone or any company.Just letting everyone know how i was treated.And how i feel.

Thanks for your info. I think the key here is the econo, which I ws not planning on buying! I was/am gonna get the 600 Hortilux cause it is much cheaper then I can get anywhere. When checking over legit type complaints (paid for next day and it came 2 weeks later, loud ballast) The equiptment is usually the econo, not being what people expected and the shipping, IE Apple, if you pay for next day, they will next day it, WHENEVER it ships, be that 2 weeks or 1 month. Apple or most companies, also charge your card even if it takes 2 weeks to ship!
So many of the legit type (non trolls who state a problem as oppossed to trolls who just trash!) are things that are "understandable". But just like at OG and my WorldWideSeeds thread, if I do it (Paranoia about sending lights is the only thing that will stop me, my safe addy is a p.o. box) I will post the results here!
Peace and thanks for all the input!!

Okie grown

Veteran
goodluck

goodluck

Ya his prices are good.The 600 watter is not hortilux brand (thay only make bulbs).Its his norm. 600 watt system with a hortilux lamp.I already had 2 400 watt hortilux hps bulbs so i just got the reg. one.

cohaze

budinski03 said:
http://www.growshopalien.com/onlineshop/----------------------------try-here-prices-arnt-to-bad

The only problem with that is that is european made, I live in US. They do not have the same plug-in here that they do in Holland.

I guess I could get something to exchange the plug? But then again there could some possibility that it might not work?

I like the Dutch. Mainly because they make ballasts that will take both MH & HPS without a switch!!!

What do you think? Have you tried them before? Are they safe?

Niemand

Re: goodluck

Re: goodluck

Okie grown said:
Ya his prices are good.The 600 watter is not hortilux brand (thay only make bulbs).Its his norm. 600 watt system with a hortilux lamp.I already had 2 400 watt hortilux hps bulbs so i just got the reg. one.
Thanks for the info! Peace.

you check ebay? a-t lamps has good deals , i got a sunleaves switchable 1k watter, with a hps and mh bulb for 297 delivered to my door. fast shipping, great communication too.

Mdhydro.com also has EXCELLENT prices on their brand lights. good quality too