What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best humidifier for a micro grow

FarmerGreen

Anyone got any reccomendations for a small humidifier. I'd love to be able to find one I could use for a long time without refilling.
I'm not sure if you can get little ones that are plumbed in, maybe they could be modified.
Any suggestions are welcome

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I use the pro breeze 3.8l ones in small spaces with an inkbird humidity controller.. Used them for years without a controller though just adjusting by hand.

That's my suggestion.

doams

those humudifiers are pain gotta clean them daily coz bad things will start to grow eat and shit in there then it goes into air you breathe..

FarmerGreen

I've devised a full ghetto solution.

I read somewhere about increasing humidity by sticking a towel in a vessel of water and leaving a bunch of the towel out of the vessel and exposed to the air. Water wicks up the towel and then evaporates into the atmosphere.

I did that but then wrapped part of the exposed towel around my tropf blumat watering ceramic so now as the towel dries it gets dripped on by the ceramic.

It's plumbed into the watering reservoir so should be able to go for ages.

It seems to have lifted my humidity from 25-30% up to about 55%, so I'm pretty pleased so far

Attachments

• 01901a9d308f174076409cdf5488070caba8f7c159.jpg
    01901a9d308f174076409cdf5488070caba8f7c159.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 58

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
those humudifiers are pain gotta clean them daily coz bad things will start to grow eat and shit in there then it goes into air you breathe..

once every 2-3 months maybe, unless you have them in bright light which I suppose might grow stuff quicker in there. I covered mine anyway..

Full it takes from 2-5 days to empty depending on the RH you are trying t correct.

The towel technique is innovative but will definitely grow mold on it after a short while.

FarmerGreen

how Are those little humidifiers powered? Is it possible to plug them into a humidity regulator so it is automatic?

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I hang a moist kitchen towel in the box.
Change it out when I water the plants.

Adds up to 15%

axxess

https://www.micro-dehumidifier.com/

Rosahl is a unique dehumidifier that works using a solid state polymer electrolyte (SPE). It removes moisture from the air in enclosures by electrolysis when a small voltage is applied. It provides clean moisture extraction and low cost, maintenance free performance. The process involves venting the unwanted moisture to the outside, and a cut-out must be made in the side of the enclosure to enable this to happen.

Electrolysis
Sometimes called an ionic membrane dehumidifier, Rosahl works by electrolysis. The SPE consists of a proton-conductive solid polymer electrolyte and porous electrodes with a catalytic layer composed of noble metal particles. When a 3 Volt D.C. charge is applied to the SPE’s porous electrode, the moisture on the anode (dehumidifying) side dissociates into hydrogen ions (H+) and oxygen. The hydrogen ions (not hydrogen gas) migrate through the membrane to be discharged on the cathode (moisture discharging) side where they react with oxygen in the air, to form water vapour. The SPE can also be used as a humidifier by reversing its direction flow.

Latest posts

Latest posts