What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HG RQS Amnesia Haze

covert

Another freebie fem seed this one and was the first sprout after the earlier aborted grow fiasco and while the small Nevil's Haze was being rehabilitated like Jesus at this time so this one was planted in the thoughts of having at least one plant to play with.

The material in question comes from a 14 week seed harvest; and earlier 7 week or so harvest was seedless and was way way early from the smokes it gave. The high lacked any depth or dimension.

This plant was hungry and hard to burn but I was able to when I tried supercharging this with some organic ferts which had high ph of 9 so messed things up leading to some tip burns.

After the plant got into flower it was very easy to manage water intake to the point this grew with zero runoff essentially for the final 7 weeks where seeds matured after the unharvested part of the plant was pollinated.

The smoke? Is very different to the Nevil's in it's buzz frequency. While the Nev's was high frequency this is more bassy and deep.

The Nev's gave punches of warmth whereas this is a ballooning inflated bubble against skin from all sides sort of creating a wave like move of warmth from outside to inside.

The high builds and it's linear. You feel the first light feeling at 60s and it climbs up and up. At 30 mins it's still building but slower. I'm certain there will be a braking effect that then takes over for a slow deflation. Very clean and warm. Thinking fairly unimpaired and music just has a honey like treacly quality to it. Everything is bass emphasised.

Taste is woody and non specific on inhale and on exhale hints of mango and on the final hit a little taste of peach persists. At 30 mins can still taste the hint of peach when tongue is tasted inside mouth.

Still growing balloon at 40 mins. Warmth is overwhelming and music is drawling out with a viscous slurred blurr where notes are being held a little longer in echoing reverberations. Very very nice.

Will complete report and final notes later.

covert

Wow. At 45 mins there is what is another huge hit and the entire high changes to a feeling of elation and accomplishment. There are long moments here where everything. Everything meaning absolutely everything is perfect. An opiate like euphoria in its quality hits around then and lingers.

This was vaped with a half bowl through a PAX3 and half in a Dynavap. The Dynavap hits were amazing with the right technique it's possible to get many nice hits without rushing anything. Remembering these are uncured. They are literally off a 8 or so day dry. Around a dozen seeds came out of this bud.

At points after 45 mins there's be a time or two where the intensity of the high again instensified to the level in the highest first parts of a bowl of extract. I think a cure would do wonders. When grinded and cut it releases a pungent sour fruity weed smell maturing into a zesty pesto like effect. It could be a culinary dressing it's that nice.

A really really good smoke. Would easily be top 10 for me maybe even higher.

covert

After an hour and 20 mins there is still a wonderful numb deep bass high and a little bonus is some more intense vibrations that very gently shake around a bit.

Still very fluid warmth and extremely comfortably numb.

These are over the recommended harvest times by RQS. Unlike Soma's Amnesia Haze which from my understanding is a separate strain altogether. I don't know which apes which, which is the original and which the replica. But it's listed at 12 weeks and that is more like this one too. At 14 weeks I would say at least 30% of the trichones were amber here. Some bracts around 5% which held the darkest seeds were literally thin tan bible paper thin remnants of buds.

And yet here is a smoke that feels absolutely perfect and is still pumping at almost an hour and a half.

Two half bowls. Pretty potent smoke. No munchies yet. Really comfortable smoke. No anxiety at all. No paranoia at all. No profound thoughts but a very nice chilled relaxing warmth to compensate. At some points when the effects are climbing to new peaks a feeling of levitation can take one by surprise.

Very nice. Will top up with another two half bowls in another half an hour or so and test any ceiling there might be. Those will both be Dynavap as the PAX3 likes a finer grind which this 8 day dry herb just doesn't suit. Airflow was high through the PAX3 despute packing down and slightly overfilling the half bowl size.

covert

Ok another half bowl has absolutely launched me into hyperspace. A whizzing intense whiting out sensation of everything. I hit the first click hit with 2 or theee draws none giving a huge extra but a little bit of extra was definitely felt.

Then a second heat at mid section and three excellent vape draws. The first and second hits expand immensely in the chest and a wave of expansion takes up to the head an uppercut that sends you instantly higher. A slingshot from the expanding or rather travelling thc to the brain sensation is transmitted over the cannabinoid receptor system.

That's when I got my first blackened bowl. I didn't inhale but I hadn't heard the cooling click it seems. I assumed I'd finished with the three cigar draw and inhale type tokes. But it turned out not to be so. A smokey smell gave it a away and I immediately blew on the tip trying to cool it. Whether its effed up or not time will tell but as powerful as the Dynavap can be its potentially dangerous. Inhaling that overheated air would have been bad. I will probably go this one in PAX3 with finer grind in future. When heating the second time I swear I forgot how to activate the burner. Twice, before I did it. Crazy stuff and very very powerful.

covert

The extra lift was short lived around 30 mins. But some music had an eighties signature type synth sound and I decided I'd listen to a piece I rarely listen to because it requires effort to listen to - John Coltrane's A Love Supreme. The opening introduces the words by which the work is named at the end in a trance like joy is repetition. The piece is abolsutely unduplicatable in performance. Not just from variations in instruments and play style etc. It's the off time zaney piano chords that are being thrown out like a master. Coltrane is absolutely at the height kf his powers. An album that is at the one extreme lauded as the finest album ever, period. Other more modern appraisers have reservations about this and say it might be the most overhyped album ever.

Judging by a halfway listen to the work I'd say the Amnesia Haze is a very fine smoke and definitely has some indica influence towards the end.

The half bowl that just elevated a mere half hour had a fairly big emerging anchor in the form of the indica effects coming on. It's certainly not bad to have the brakes on now. As the slingshot of the extra hits sinks in there is a brief moment of “oh shit, how much higher are we going.......”. It's not a shit your pants thing but it's a tease as to what the next hit might bring.

Have to say I'm solidly blazed at this point. Everything has a honey warm feel to it.

Very nice.

covert

Ok at 2 hours it's still about like what Nevil's was at 1 and a half so it definitely has more legs. Mild munchies and a small bowl of nuts and a sweet are enough to settle it although someone could really lose it if they had less self control. Coming down somewhat jerkily. Feeel like on a ski lift and the cables are being buffetted by wind causing a wobbly ride.

Bouncy is the word I'm looking for. A bouncy descent down. A little prickly warmth because of the humidity in the air.

Again really looking forward to this one after a bit of curing.

The harvested seeds are a cross of this Amnesia Haze female from RQS and a Nanan-Bouclou genetically male plant. I am hoping they may have added some sativa influence. The NB phenotype pollen this has and that I have stored is indica leaning. I think this is the Haitian sativa phenotype mentioned by a visitor to ThaiBliss’ trip weed thread and the NB male had shorter internodes than a Hindu Kush trio I have to give you and idea; although the HK are very sativa leaning with very thin blades around the fresh 2 week old female floral clusters.

We'll see how it goes.

covert

OK second round of this gives the same sort of escalator climb high that really feels sort of trippy. Closing eyes gives images of molecular structures spinning and dancing and surfaces have a mirror finish with water wave like movement with the music.

An eclipsed sunshine sort of light coming from the horizon. The eclipsed light giving hints of the darker sides of this; the more inward focussing type of mood change. Still able to think and function. Contemplative and succint type of thoughts easily predominate.

But feeling pretty blitzed with just one bowl vaped in one session.

Very racey feel but no anxiety, heart racing or paranoia at all.

covert

What a difference a week can make. Yet again an amazing smoke with a minute by minute escalating high up to about 10mins when a rhythmic jerkiness in the passage of time alerts to increasing effects. This jerky vibration then begins to distort space and wham... in the face and body warmth with a strong medium frequency body vibration.

Closing eyes yields fractal rotations and being torn backwards through pipes of time over and over in fractal patterns which are visible in miniature as if a huge field of Mandelbrot fractals were visible for one's entire visual environment. A suspended in space looking at this amazing thing all at once as far as the eye sees.

I can't wait to see what the Nanan-Bouclou male might have done to this and there are plenty of nutty brown striped almost black lizard egg like patterned seeds. Beautiful as a seed and hopefully beautiful as a ‘weed’.

covert

I honestly couldn't recall writing the above in the last 24 hours. After I read it I still wasn't convinced till... very powerful hit coming on... the timestamp.

After 3 hours was still feeling fully mellow. Faded but still easily felt.

Packed another tight half pack Pax3 vape and the previous ceiling is easily smashed. 5 minutes is like half and hour or more. Has some scary moments and could cause panic or paranoia at this sort of level in less experienced users.

I think this is what it would be like with pot and poppy combined. A tribute to the togetherness of plants perhaps or maybe just those two. A remnant to cannabis’ very close relationship to the poppy in human hands and cultivation at times.

A really nice smoke. Top ups definitely zoom it up a notch.

covert

Forgot to mention the taste. It's very subtle on the first smoke, you know there's a scent there but it eludes you. It's nice though and very very smooth. A cough just to clear airway not from vape.

It's on the second vape, the top up when the taste comes through under the residual enhancement of the previous session lingers.

Mango and berry just over the intensity of that. Then a final juniper like coniferous taste. A sip of sparkling water cleanses the flavour and a very fresh, very green freshening of the previous flavours dances around one's tongue and palate.

Still there after 20 minutes but fading. Really nice.

covert

Ok just want to comment on this after a short ~1 wk cure.

The scissors hitting the herb lets off very complex spicey and very typically and uniquely cannabis odour.

The aftertaste is mango with lychee. I called it berry last time but there's a definite lychee with the mango. Lasts about 20 mins after vaping.