What's new

who will be alowed to sell pot in canada after legalize

Canada

Will anyone be able to open a smoke lounge, weed dispensary ext and buy pot from an lp.
Will i be able to do boating smoke tours of my city and sell the whole cruize and cannabis .
Im a bit behind on the whole legalize side of things . Can someone please try and explain the new model as they understand it as simple as they can .

Gmack

Most provinces are banning public use so the smoking lounge and tours are out. Dispensarys will be decided by each province. lps will supply the product and the government will decided who gets the golden ticket to sell it to the general public.

Maple_Flail

Will anyone be able to open a smoke lounge, weed dispensary ext and buy pot from an lp.
Will i be able to do boating smoke tours of my city and sell the whole cruize and cannabis .
Im a bit behind on the whole legalize side of things . Can someone please try and explain the new model as they understand it as simple as they can .

start reading, each province is taking a slightly different approach so far. Nothing is set in stone as they cannot make laws around laws that aren't laws yet.

there isn't one model, its a mess..

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/42-1/bill/C-45/third-reading

Last edited:

Buddha1

Veteran
Most provinces are banning public use so the smoking lounge and tours are out. Dispensarys will be decided by each province. lps will supply the product and the government will decided who gets the golden ticket to sell it to the general public.

I think the above statement is a good out line or rule of thumb to go by.
Their are no laws to say one way or another at this time, as to what will be allowed and what will not be allowed.

But its almost a guarantee that the Dispencery style of selling and distribution of Cannabis will be gone and illegal...I come to this conclusion because Heath Canada states all despencary's are illegal sources of Cannabis.
Also we are dealing with the federal government... so all distribution will without a doubt need to be licenced/controlled and will most likely be sold in sealed containers just like Alcohol is sold(at least for the first few years).
Maybe once Cannabis is accepted 110% into the main stream, their will be pub and bar type outlets, just as is done with alcohol.
It would be a safe assumption to think Cannabis will be sold, distributed and consume in the exact manor as alcohol and controlled with the same rules, regulations and laws.

Good luck getting the government credentials to run a Canna based business...IMO, this honor will be given to those with political connections as pay back and not offered to the general public.

Peace...B

troutman

Seed Whore
Cannabis will never be legal. It's a lie. Controlled yes. Legal no.

Until you grow all the plants you want without interference. It's not legal.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Google is your friend

Hyup.

Kirk Tousaw's twitter feed has a tentative breakdown by province. Believe it was a retweet.

But really, it's a large question full of variables, you need to at least try doing your own legwork.

Gmack

No offense to the op but his idea has no chance of getting off the ground. The people who will rule the market are already in it and not going to forums for advice. He has a nice idea but that's about it.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Cannabis will never be legal. It's a lie. Controlled yes. Legal no.

Until you grow all the plants you want without interference. It's not legal.

You are confusing the word legal with something else. Legal rarely implies absolute freedom to do something. Just take your rights as you see fit, its all one can do.

Gmack

They have to sell it only to large lp's. No direct to customer sales like craft beer and wine makers can.

Rabbi

They have to sell it only to large lp's. No direct to customer sales like craft beer and wine makers can.

Well that fuckin sucks. Talk about a conflict of interest. Why would any lp's wanna buy peoples weed when they're trying to sell their own?

Rabbi

Just means less sales of their own stuff. I can only imagine how low of a price lp's would be willing to pay. Can't see how this is going to work out. Craft growers will go broke if they have to rely on lp's buying from them.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Vaping is allowed in public (not indoors), so start vaping. :) I'm an old school vaper (8yrs), that thought beach ball cloud were UNcool. Propagated by the SO Cal crowd, which resulted in a major "vaping ban" in public places. I vape everywhere I go when the need arises. No one is the wiser :) Why? In those days we learned to stealth vape not BROADCAST!

insomniac_AU

As an Australian I've always admired Canada for being liberal as far as cannabis is concerned. At least it appears so compared to the nanny state I live in. This disappoints me.

Latest posts

Latest posts