What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what seeds should I start?

djimb

Veteran
Thanks for the advice, Easy.
I'll make sure to keep the males pruned. I had planned on controlled pollination of some lowers.

I'm just hoping I can get the timing right to make some seed and with the PNG and Durban. When I grew out Colombian bagseed, I only vegged for a couple weeks before the flip to 11/13, and they still took two full months to show sex. Of course the environment was far from ideal (an unventilated linen closet under 150w of LED, overwatering, underwatering, etc), so they were a lot slower growing than they could have been.

If these take that long, I should plant in July to hope for preflowers by September, but with unlimited root space and sunlight, I'd worry they'd get huge and potentially draw attention with that amount of veg time.

Then I'd have to hope for a hot, dry autumn, and I still won't have mature bud. Maybe I should grow Nepali at the same time to make a cross for next year, hoping to bring the flowering time down.