What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
what does green cure do ??? ... peeps talk about it

I am currently using it also. One of the biggest plants has had a touch of PM on what was about 12-15 branches. I have sprayed twice and it is down to a few random spots now. When we get sun again will be spraying again. This stuff definitely works especially if you catch it early. The way it works is by changing the PH on the leaf surface so the mildew can't live there. Good luck all I will get some pics up later this week everything is building nicely.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
It prevents botrytis too I believe. Like leaf-spot disease and basically any bacteria/fungal infections. The 2x big Glues are right by the pool and of course creates a micro-climate of high humidity. Doesnt help that she keeps using ice ice ice cold hose water and getting the ph wrong and then overwatering the living piss outa them.
Im doing all the feeding and watering from now until harvest.

I sprayed em but 24 hours later we get a heavy rainstorm. So tomorrow if it doesnt rain Ill hit them again.
I fed the girls Big Bloom and Open Sesame 2 days ago. The rain really soaked them again last night and today. So when they need watering again Ill feed them heavy nutes till flush time.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
how you making out w/ the weather??? i got a 3 day run of wet ahead of me.... flowers are swelling!!

I am so glad I got all the trellis up because we are getting hammered. I probably would have lost some today with this heavy rain when all is said and done gonna go out with a back back blower and try to dry them a bit.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Thunderstorms coming here today and we already have a 25-30 mph wind. Solid rain tomorrow, supposedly. I had to support my PCK plants that are in tomato cages with some stakes. The wind wants to knock them over cage and all.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I got 2 outa 7 big Glues staked and trellised. The other 5 are just staked and tied. I gotta get trellis asap and support them branches.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Outdoor Grapefruit ~
picture.php

would be yery thankful if you would share findings abour potassium bicarbonate(greencure) some info about the appliction is of great interest for me, i want to use it this year first time.
flowering started much later this season :)

this grapefruit looks like a stretchy chindy99.
""Exclusive!!!
Here we have a small cannabis batch of Grapefruit inbred with Easy Sativa. An 80% Grapefruit selected on early and fast flowering for several generations.
This is a late maturing sativa line. The best sowing time is mid April to mid May. We wouldn't recommend pre-growing this cannabis strain indoors, because this would cause her to start flowering in May outdoors.
She needs the longer days and intensive midsummer sun to keep in growth.
Expect extreme fruity/pine taste and smell, very sativa-ish.

Flowering time: 7-8 weeks
Height: 2 - 2,5 m
Harvest time: End September in the Netherlands
Yield: good
Taste / Smell: Grapefruit smell and fresh mint taste""

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I apply green cure at 2 tbsp per gal water. I just use tap not too cold. I have been mixing 1/2 gal at the moment because you can't store it after you mix it. Been using a sprayer to apply fully soaking the infected parts of the plant. Haven't noticed any bad side effects yet. I am assuming it is safe for consumption as it is 99% sodium bi carb (baking soda) and I was using it on my squash,zucchini,and cucumbers.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
While looking at Greencure on Amazon I noticed that you can buy 1 lb. of pure food grade potassium bicarbonate for $9.22. The cheapest Greencure I am seeing is 17.56 for 8 oz. The 1 lb. food grade is basically half price.

Another thing most peole from the states dosnt know, the company brands are only sold in the US under this names, so it would be a big pita to buy ANY bottled nutrient or fertilizer or fungicide in europe, or asia. So thats why we always ask whats in the bottle so we can find a similar product or the pure chemical ingredients.
Greencure is 40bucks 20bucks plus 25bucks shipping from the states :D Potassium Bicarb is 10€ total for 250gramms.
good growing

Limeygreen

Veteran
I can buy 30 kilos of potassium bicarb for about 85 cdn. Check ag suppliers for cheaper deals. I quickly looked at home brewing suppliers cheapest I saw was a pound for 8 bucks.