What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Please PM me your personal experience with CHS Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'm collecting personal reports on the subject. I would appreciate anyone responding to include (when at all possible):

• Full details on how it affected you personally, as many episodes as you can remember
  • As much information as possible on the source of the cannabis used for each episode, and any treatments it received during the grow
  • Extraction information on the process and solvents used, for any extraction based episodes
  • Detailed information on whether the smoking gear used was brand-new or freshly cleaned
  • Details on any changes noticed in episodes, especially after multiple episodes spanning several years

Posts to this thread, other than helpful suggestions on details I should be collecting, will be ignored.

Your help is greatly appreciated. :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Keep them coming. :)

Those of you who haven't experienced this personally, I would hope you ask around. Bring it up with anyone who you meet that uses cannabis. Many people with CHS are not aware of the relief from hot baths/showers, some are not even aware they're suffering from CHS.

Thank you again.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I'm collecting personal reports on the subject. I would appreciate anyone responding to include (when at all possible):

• Full details on how it affected you personally, as many episodes as you can remember
  • As much information as possible on the source of the cannabis used for each episode, and any treatments it received during the grow
  • Extraction information on the process and solvents used, for any extraction based episodes
  • Detailed information on whether the smoking gear used was brand-new or freshly cleaned
  • Details on any changes noticed in episodes, especially after multiple episodes spanning several years

Posts to this thread, other than helpful suggestions on details I should be collecting, will be ignored.

Your help is greatly appreciated. :tiphat:

I began my gardening career to supply my extract research with consistent material. This began in 2001 and now is my day job.

I have many episodes of many things spanning many years and kept track of ones with more severe effects. The six months spent with a couple ounces of 95% pure THC trying to find overdose levels and symptoms had a few interesting times.
Most notable were convulsions when a cumulative dosage over a fifteen minute span exceeded 300 mg. This was difficult to achieve because single doses of 100 mg left the user unable to recall his physical position or whereabouts.

The body's temperature seemed to go off track and the convulsions were thought to be caused by chills due to beginning with severe shivering.
On the fourth event we had a thermometer handy and at the peak of convulsions the body temperature was 104 F.
The shivering was feeding a runaway heating and the convulsions were from fever.

The brain was convinced the body was cold, even as the temperature climbed the brain wanted more heat. This is a direct result of large quantities of THC, no entourage chemicals were present.
The exact overdose level will vary with each person's genetics, but this effect and its possible influence on abdominal activities is very real with some subjects.

Douglas.Curtis

Thank You, Phaeton.

Would you be so kind as to PM any followups or additional details you may come across? Thank you so much.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Closed cup vaporization, that way it is certain the entire amount is ingested.
As to dosage levels, I suppose it is what you are used to.
Smoking a 20% bud in a large one toke bowl holding .17 grams (weighed on a scale) bud equals .034 grams THC, or 34 mg.
Take that large (six tokes per gram) toke of excellent marijuana three (3) times to equal a single (100 mg) toke of oil.

I have tried, along with companions after the same, to see just how high we could get. I know we must have managed six good strong bong hits of about that size at more than one session, but the details get really difficult after about four in rapid succession.
Soon it began to take considerable more than ten minutes just to put another load in the bowl, soon the bowl did not get reloaded at all and fifteen minutes would pass several times.
I can drink beer all day, but put that day's worth of alcohol in a glass and chug it all at once and it is not the same experience. Too far apart to even begin to compare.

I am guessing the other 5% was THC analogues, the extraction was done at -40 with a one minute agitated soak in butane while all the waxes and resins were solid. The THC molecule stays liquid at that temperature, enabling the high purity of the extract. I assume (remember the spelling) the 5% would be a similar molecule that remains liquid.

This is a hijack, but it is also a bump and the important message is still the first post.