What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soma's NYC Diesel

TheRealHash

Horticultural enthusiast
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love diesel, og, chemdog, and headband. Good job Bear and that green house is sick

R

recent guest

Thanks everybody. I have a question: Is there a line that you can cross, once you do you officially smoke too much weed? :biggrin:

I have smoked almost a quarter pound of this herb in a month...an ounce a week...more than an 8th a day... its just to dank to resist! :chin:

paper thorn

Veteran
...you seriously can't touch this plant AT ALL if you want to smell anything else in your garden. Simply poking one of the buds with an index finger will leave that finger sticky and stinky.

I ran some NYCD a few years ago. Fantastic smoke. I had several different phenos and one stinky diesely, piney, skunky one that I kept for a long time. Freaked a few people out when I opened the jar and the whole room was instantly filled with funky deliciousness.

I really should grow out those crosses I made.:chin:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
I am working a cross from Delta 9, a sensi star x nycd.

Much cherry, I like it very much. At the F2 stage, selecting
females to get dusted with the original sensi star x nycd
male in time, my first back cross.

You still flowering your nycd?

Ronni

sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know if there is a stellar version of the pricewinning nycd out there? From many female releases as from Somas remake i heard it should be nothing more than average...

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Bump this up

Soma NYC Diesel
Femmished 85 days flowering time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 23

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Damn that's a nice fat spear!

Can you give info on when you got seeds and the smells you are getting? Smoke report?

Well done!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn that's a nice fat spear!

Can you give info on when you got seeds and the smells you are getting? Smoke report?

Well done!

Well I grew this about 8 yrs ago I'm been off the forums for awhile but here goes

Soma NYC Diesel fem seeds from Seeds boutique. I vegged these indoors for about a mounth before flipping the lights to 12/12. It took them around 85 days of 12/12.....looking back on my notes the smoke had a strong orange tangerine smell and taste. It was probably a 7....don't get me wrong it was grade A smoke....but not a 10. Due to its long flowering time and low yield I only grew the 5 fem seeds and never ran it again . Overall I'd give her a 7 I think everybody should grow it once. If I would have had more space indoors I may have tried to keep a clone but I only had 10x10 grow room and a smaller room for 5-6 good moms. You can check my albums I've got more pics of her right before harvest....it got cool towRd end of harvest and some purple appeared but I use organics and like I said the temp was getting low when lights were out. :thank you::tiphat:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Thanks for the report! I have always been curious about the phenos. The red ripe grapefruit sounds amazing. Tough to find I hear.

I wonder if Soma still releases seeds. When I see them on sites I wonder how old they are.

B

beanz

Thanks for the report! I have always been curious about the phenos. The red ripe grapefruit sounds amazing. Tough to find I hear.

I wonder if Soma still releases seeds. When I see them on sites I wonder how old they are.

I,m looking for some atm too , I didn't have much luck with his fem line though from memory .

I heard he lost the original mother for this strain , I could be totally wrong as I,m just repeating what someone else has said .

I,d like the old seed for sure though , or f2 from that line .
don't like seeing half decent strains disappear

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Some years back a pal of mine that goes by Cronaholic had a cross called Russian Diesel he made from Soma NYC diesel and AK 47 it was great the finished buds/smoke tasted like red faygo soda...the best tasting strain I've smoked in my 35 yrs of smoking....it was some good weed I honestly liked his cross better than the high dollar Soma NYC Diesel....but the Russian Diesel like the NYC Diesel are small yielders. I grew indoor in 5 gal buckets of a OF soil mixture with 1000,600,430,400watts in a 6x6 room back then....I grew a lot of the Russian Diesels Cron hooked me up on a lot of the seeds I think I've got a few pics in my albums of the RD

Americangrower

Veteran
I,m looking for some atm too , I didn't have much luck with his fem line though from memory .

I heard he lost the original mother for this strain , I could be totally wrong as I,m just repeating what someone else has said .

I,d like the old seed for sure though , or f2 from that line .
don't like seeing half decent strains disappear

Yes he lost it years ago, thats why orange terp (new mom) has replaced the much loved grapefruit.
If any1 made f2's or knows of any from Soma 05/06 stock hit me up. I miss having that diesel grapefruit sourness.

Latest posts

Latest posts