What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budswell

G

Guest 16149

Anyone use it in a hydro (ebb and flow) system? do you need to strain it first or will it work fine without straining?

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
so is budswell bloom like liquid karma? or just like bloom nutes? can i use pure blend pro with budswell?

G

simply the best and easyest to use though in early bloom you need something with a little more n, its getting a little pricy at my grow shop though at 30 bucks a gallon.

B

Brain

I used it for the first time and loved my results. It is not the same as liquid karma. I bet they would do great together. I used it in coco the middle 4 weeks of flower as a bloom additive along with my regular nutes.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
ok so i have dry budswell tea, do i just add it to water and stir, then water my plants with it like my liquid nutes?

G

I put 12 Tbsp of 0-7-0 into an almost full 5 gal. bucket. Just add it to the water. I have airstones in the buckets (i don't think this is necessary as you are not growing any bene's, just getting the Phos. into the water). Once it sits long enough (approx 12 hrs) all the guano will sink to the bottom of the bucket. I strain the contents of one bucket into another leaving a nice glop of wet guano goop at the bottom and pour the almost clear "tea" into my res. Never had any burn with BS 0-7-0.

G

Guest 16149

henrietta said:
I put 12 Tbsp of 0-7-0 into an almost full 5 gal. bucket. Just add it to the water. I have airstones in the buckets (i don't think this is necessary as you are not growing any bene's, just getting the Phos. into the water). Once it sits long enough (approx 12 hrs) all the guano will sink to the bottom of the bucket. I strain the contents of one bucket into another leaving a nice glop of wet guano goop at the bottom and pour the almost clear "tea" into my res. Never had any burn with BS 0-7-0.

Hey Henrietta, were these directions for the dry or wet? Has anyone used liquid budswell in a ebb and flow system and if you did , did you have to strain it first to stop from clogging your pump?
Thanks in advance

o.g.kushman

yeah ive used budswel in ebb & flow. check my gallery. everything i do is pbp lk budswel roots organics hp2 heavyweight and superthrive.

this flower cycle ive added a few things just to see how they work....

Sativa Sanity

How would I incorporate Liquid Budswel into a grow that is running in FFOF with PBP and Calmag?

Do I add it to the PBP/Calmag and feed them all together or do I water with Budswel separately?

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
i just used my budswell grow tea for the first time today. i added 2 Tbsp to 1 gallon of water and mixed well and let settle for 12 hours. im hoping to see my plants take off a little.

J

JollyGreen

Pirate138 said:
i just used my budswell grow tea for the first time today. i added 2 Tbsp to 1 gallon of water and mixed well and let settle for 12 hours. im hoping to see my plants take off a little.

Hey pirate are your bubbling your tea with an air pump?

senseless

you dont have to but it will oxenegate your water and help the bat guano break down into the water faster. it usually gets a nice foam on the top using an airstone.

i used the dry budswell for awhile and it worked good. ive recently switched to Sun Leaves Indonesian bat guano because it mixes better into the water and theres less chunks on the bottom of the water container when your done watering.

asher1er

Veteran
Gamera said:
Mixed with Maxicrop. Now I use Gen Hyd Flora and Promix BX.

whats your mixing dosage or ratio when doing this? also when can one start feeding with budswell? i just purchased a few nutes and i added budswell and maxicrop to my line up of pbp grow, soil bloom, LK and calmag plus

J

JollyGreen

Pirate138 said:
nope no air pump, do i have to?

Adding Oxygen to the nutrients solution works wonders, its like straight oxygen for your roots, and keeps the beneficial bacteria in the solution alive. Just bubble your solution with a cheap air pump and air stone from walmart or the pet shop, your plants will be loving it in not time. You will be able to tell by the smell they produce.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
do you guys strain the dry budswell or does it dissolve pretty good? does it clog your airstones at all? i have 2 14" stones that i will use as well.

J

JollyGreen

lc00p4 said:
do you guys strain the dry budswell or does it dissolve pretty good? does it clog your airstones at all? i have 2 14" stones that i will use as well.

Koop I use a stocking as a tea bag, I dont like to put anything directly in to the water. I dont want to top dress my soil with anything, everything that I use thats dry goes in the bag. Has not clogged my air stone yet.
Remember Koop when bubbling teas not to bubble to excessive amounts of oxygen in the solution because it depleats the iron from it. One stone should be plenty enough with a good air pump.I read somewhere that smaller air stones produce finer air bubbles and more oxygen to the solution.

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yes you do. i got the stone and pump for less than $10 at a local aquarium store. some people like to use the flexible black tube, but mine is a blue porous material.