What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This thread is da peat puck freaks..

bluebuds

thought i would share some pics of 100% success with misfit (purple bastard x bogglegum) rooted in 12 days in a closed dome, -bluebuds

Last edited:

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
looking stellar dude!!!

here's some of the latest

picture.php

Last edited:
S

staff11

I use the cheap peat pucks with great results. You don't need to have Jiffy. From my experience using a teaspoon of maxicrop kelp powder per gallon of water and letting the pucks soak in this solution speeds up the process by about 4-5 days on average. They seem healthier then with straight water and I know that kelp in general is great for rooting and overall plant health.

Forgot to add that I also just use the cheap Green Light rooting powder that you can get from Lowes... I think it is like 4 bucks for a 2 oz bottle. It's just 0.1% IBA and it works fine.

K

KSP

Absolutely love the peat pucks, performance and price. I used to use more expensive things like rapid rooters, but have better luck with the peat pucks. Part of that is getting my cloning dialed in, I'm sure. But I went from two weeks with RR to 5-6 days with the pucks. A little dip of hormex is all I use.

woodyhemp

love these peat pucks, caught some boxes of 72 on sale at the depot. Just using them for clones right now, but i also use em to germinate seeds.

I'm currently germing 6 seeds in peat pucks in a tray with a bit of water in it so that they're always wet. Is this okay? or should I drain the water (from the tray) and add more water as necessary?

JWP

I'm currently germing 6 seeds in peat pucks in a tray with a bit of water in it so that they're always wet. Is this okay? or should I drain the water (from the tray) and add more water as necessary?

I wouldnt recommend doing that. Only apply more water to the puck if you see it drying out.

Also with seeds you will have the tap root come out of the bottom of the puck before the leaves come out of the top. So it is a good idea to have the puck sitting on top of the growing medium from the start so that the tap root can go deep with out being impeded.

I wouldnt recommend doing that. Only apply more water to the puck if you see it drying out.

Also with seeds you will have the tap root come out of the bottom of the puck before the leaves come out of the top. So it is a good idea to have the puck sitting on top of the growing medium from the start so that the tap root can go deep with out being impeded.

Thanks, will do!

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
ok, I am looking for alternative methods of cloning that will work best for me. The peat pucks definitely look like they fit the bill. I had 5 pucks lying around.....so I took 5 SFVXChemD clones and did them up. My temps seem to be fluctuating sitting on top of my heat mat.

Last night with lights on in the room, heat mat on...it was like 90...than today with lights off and no heat mat on it was like 70. So I just turned the heat mat on..and will turn it off when lights come on.

so far, they are wilting at 24 hours. will keep updated.

for everyone wanting to know where to get peat pellets, Go to your local walmart and buy a clone tray, dome, and 72 peat pellets all together for $4.95

Latest posts

Latest posts