What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lottery Jackpots - Never seen this Before

Shalako

Yeah. I asked the sort of Lottery employee, is there a way to avoid the taxes, e.g. give the ticket to a corporation based in Bermuda or something.

They ... did not know.

You could broker the ticket to a corporation like Google or Amazon(well someone with a lot of f'n money) as they could maybe use it as a tax shelter by taking the yearly paymentsd instead of the lump ca$h some for maybe 700 mil, but you would probably not get it back to say the US without a hit. :biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

our MN state game Gopher 5 is up to $1,885,000 for the 10/24 drawing; a much easier game to win, pick 5 numbers (1-47) for the jackpot; odds of winning are 1,533,939 to 1, one dollar per play.

Another state game is called Northstar Cash & it's likely in your area too but under a different name, drawn daily it's just 5 number (1-31) so it's a game based on the premise of players picking potential birthday numbers; odds of winning the jackpot are 169,911 to 1. Starting @ $25K the jackpot often grows into the 40s/50s/60K before being won.

I like playing (& will tomorrow) the first game which I call the 'Goofy 5' and I'd be tickled pink to win that 1.9Mil prize come Wednesday ;) Of course I'll invest in a couple of tickets on that Mega Billions game as well :)

St. Phatty

our MN state game Gopher 5 is up to $1,885,000 for the 10/24 drawing; a much easier game to win, pick 5 numbers (1-47) for the jackpot; odds of winning are 1,533,939 to 1, one dollar per play.

I like playing (& will tomorrow) the first game which I call the 'Goofy 5' and I'd be tickled pink to win that 1.9Mil prize come Wednesday ;) Of course I'll invest in a couple of tickets on that Mega Billions game as well :)

GOOD LUCK !!!

It would be wild if the Mega Millions winners were ICMag members.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

according to lottery officials, someone in South Carolina has bought a winning ticket for the Mega Millions (Mega Billions really!) jackpot of $1.6Billion :yoinks:

St. Phatty

I won $42, matching 4 numbers, on the Megabucks, playing about $5.

I took a medium sized chance and played $200 on the MegaMillions, buying a chance to roll the dice 100 times.

I think in order to escape from Luck, or "Lumpy-ness", in the outcome, you need to play 1000, 10,000, or 100,000 times, enough to win 3 or 4 numbers anywhere from a few times to dozens of times.

Then that can pay for the expedition, i.e. recover the original funds, while buying a 1%, .1%, .01% etc. chance of winning 5 or 6 numbers.

The trick is finding Lotteries that have a good payout for the 3 & 4 number match-ups.

Will get the final pay-outs for the $8.5 million Megabucks and the $1.6 Billion Mega-millions.

$200 - that's like risking a 1/6 ounce of Gold.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
In twenty years I would absolutely read a book about the
individual who hit that 1.6B jackpot.

Back in the eighties FL had a jackpot of 25M+ and the odds were
13M to 1. Many thought to plop down 13M to secure the jackpot.

Lottery officials said at the time there wasn't enough time for any
individual to complete a transaction of printing 13M tickets, lol

St. Phatty

I think the concept of a "Progressive Jackpot" is inconsistent with the gaming set-up where lower tranches also pay-out the $1.60 per $1 input.

They would have to change the pay-out on the lower tranches when the jackpot gets up to the bigger number.

Which I don't think would bother anybody - except the game admins.

St. Phatty

Double lucky! In South Carolina, you can claim your prize anonymously. It should be like that in all states for fuck sake! I'd still probably buy one of these lol.

Yeah. Seems like nobody can reasonably be forced to accept the risk of kidnapping - or of having a family member kidnapped.

Laws probably won't happen until that changes.

TERRIBLE JOKE AHEAD ~

One way to get of your mother-in-law though.

I wonder how that kidnapping risk is dealt with in Palo Alto, CA, one of the wealthiest per capita communities, anywhere. Plenty of people worth $600 Million + walking down the street there.

I think a lot of them are followed by security guards.

Latest posts

Latest posts