What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Korean Natural Farming for Organic Hydro?

BillFarthing

Veteran
I guess I'll have to tackle this one myself . . .

I added everything except for the sea solids for flower on the attached feed chart. The ppm reading was 90. The fertilizer must be in a form that can't be ready by a meter. I highly suggest using the OHN, as this stuff smells like a rendering plant.

I added the sea salt and the ppm jumped up to 850.

I watered the garden and they loved it. I might set up a 5-gallon DWC bucket to repeat this experiment.

Last edited:

BillFarthing

Veteran
Nancee- It's not too bad compared to other feed charts.

Once I get the fermenting work out of the way, I figure I'll simplify the dosing.

For 100 gallons veg:

400 ml OHN
800 ml BRV
800 ml FPJ
400 ml LAB
400 ml FAA
120 g sea solids

Top up to 100 oz. with spring water. Each gallon of feed water gets 30 ml./1 oz.

For 100 gallons bloom:

400 ml OHN
800 ml BRV
800 ml FFJ
400 ml WCA
240 g sea solids

Top up to 100 oz with spring water. Each gallon of feed water gets 30 ml./1 oz.

BillFarthing

Veteran
A little revision to test some KNF flower ferments by making a concentrate-

200 ml OHN
400 ml BRV
400 ml FFJ
200 ml WCA
60 ml dry sea solids
160 ml Ful-Power

1420 ml should be 50 oz. meaning 1 oz. of concentrate per gallon of feed solution. Let's do it!

Last edited:

jidoka

In a sense it is hydroponic in that it is 100% soluble. It should easily be available. On the other hand (depending on what your media is) there is going to be far less buffering (cec and whatnot) than soil

If it were me I would. Mix up a batch and get it tested to see what is in it. Customhydro can do that for you

Post the results and we can discuss nrelligently