What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

JVonChron

"Mmm. Goddamn, Jimmie. This is some serious gourmet shit. Usually, me and Vince would be happy with some freeze-dried Taster's Choice, right? And he springs this serious gourmet shit on us. What flavor is this?"

"I don't need you to tell me how fucking good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it, I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping, she buys shit. Me, I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it, I want to taste it."

thats all I could think about reading all of this. ha

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
8 cups first 3 hours ? how many cups do you drink later on ?

do you have the shakes ?

what if you don't have your coffee ?

sorry trying to edjumacate myself

Since I drink coffee morning, noon, and night, I'll take a stab at your questions.

I do not get the shakes from drinking coffee or suddenly abstaining (which happens only rarely, like before blood work or something). I also can and do drink coffee and immediately after go to bed and fall asleep quickly.

If I don't have my coffee, I morph into a ravenous bugblatter beast of Traal.

Ya unfortunately nearly all coffee sold in the US has mold on it in addition to a huge, gross variety of chemicals.

Spending money on organic fruits/veg and then buying normal coffee doesn't make a lot of sense.

...but growing coffee trees isn't practical for most people, life sucks for almost all working people, so fuck it. Drink your coffee and enjoy it.

So much truth it hurts. Life has become such a trip.

mrcreosote

Veteran
I love coffee.... but it fucks with my prostate. Ya gotta love getting old :violin:

If my prostate tried to stand between me and my morning coffee, I'd rip that bitch out with my coffee spoon without a second thought.
If my doctor told me the next cup of coffee I drink would kill me I'd say "Thanks Doc...Bill me."

pinkus

Veteran
If my prostate tried to stand between me and my morning coffee, I'd rip that bitch out with my coffee spoon without a second thought.
If my doctor told me the next cup of coffee I drink would kill me I'd say "Thanks Doc...Bill me."

big talk from a little prostate :moon:

joking :laughing:

hopefully you'll be among those without negative coffee/prostate reactions... I used to drink 5-6 double espressos or machiatos every afternoon. In other words it's not that I don't love coffee. I still can't go into a Vietnamese restaurant and not get iced coffee. sometimes a little suffering down the line is worth it.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good old Maxwell House drip every morning. I don't know what an expensive cup of coffee tastes like.
And I don't have any of that bad stuff and I have all of that good stuff the OP posted.
I guess that proves it. :)
Burn1

TheCleanGame

Veteran
The "Breakfast Blend" I made espresso from yesterday reminded me of Maxwell House and Folger's... only with an instant coffee after taste. lol

Gotta get some better beans...

Don't get me wrong... it was still a great cup of espresso, sweet and creamy and superb on the stomach (not like a starblech shot of espresso), it's just that aftertaste... lol

Keep it Clean! :D

MrDanky

the great thing about the keurig is that you can stock over 200 varieties of diff coffee in a single cabinet and switch it up throughout the day(s)....

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
for me a good strong cup of black joe... will do, makes me p00p...every-time, who can bitch about a nice morning bowel movement.....drop sum kids off in the pool, IE loose 5 pounds of the middle...between that and the caffeine.... im then right 'bout ready to smoke another bong hit or 3 by then......

'ahcoffee... mans natural colon flush...keep me moving, motivated and regular...{no pun}...

LEF

Veteran
maybe we should start a poll

what you put in your coffee

sugar , milk, cream, honey ?

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Soy milk only. (Soy Milk: Filtered water and Organic (non-gmo) Soy Beans... not silk or any other sweetened/adulterated soy milk product.)

Makes a lightly sweet coffee or espresso. Any 'sweetener' turns coffee into a disgusting non-coffee, non-sweet liquid that's I can't stand. Doesn't matter what sweetener it is.

vap some good buds is the motivating brew of choice for me
from what I read coffee just unlocks the safety mechanisms of the brain that tells it it needs to shut down and clean its stew,most people need to be asleep for this cleaning cycle to happen

Gelado`

Veteran
Coffee does absolute wonders for my work and performance, but I'm an ADD kinda guy! I limit myself to two strong cups a day.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Gonna go make another shot of espresso.

Only bad thing about home espresso is pouring out shots when you mess it up. Not gonna ruin my whole day with stomach issues... just to save a bad shot of espresso. Starpukes does that to people... not me. lol