What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GROW CONTEST WINNER: 30 Sour Bubble Trees, 20 Gallon Smartpots, 10K Sealed!

DarthFader1

Veteran
Hey have you decided to do a run of deathstar yet? I just harvested some deathstar each plants producing about 5-7 oz plus in 5 gal pots.

I think with the larger pots and all those lights you got you could easily hit much more then I did under 4k.

Here is a nice cola shot not the biggest but you get the picture. Hopefully this will encourage you to put some of these in flower...

View Image

View Image

Whoa deathstar, Darth just busted a nut!!

The force is strong in this thread, roll on homies!

Yeti

Just a little curious about what you do with all of that soil. Recycle? I am in the mindset lately to switch from hydro to Soil and 20 gal smart pots after a root aphid infestation. Running a couple in smart pots which showed no negative effects, and are showing much more vigorous growth.

We run perpetually though, so not entirely sure what I would do with so many gallons of soil every week or two. Was considering having a recycling center consisting of large bins I can rejuvenate and amend used soil within.

Also, any hints on your soil mix/feeding regimen. Would love to get your thoughts. Your plants are absolutely gorgeous.

Sessile G

killweed- thanks I love to share with all my peers here on IC.

Respectgreen- Yeah for sure man. I am going to stop using epsoma pelletized lime for one thing, and use pulverized dolomite. I will be using 6 cups of dolomite per batch. Also I am upping the bone meal, blood meal, and adding kelp meal. I posted in the organic forums and this is burnones advice for this mix. 3 cups of each for the mix. I will run this on 12 20 gallon pots and 14 old mix pots, although I am switching lime in the old mix. Hopefully the new mix blows my mind because defciencies suck.

Here are the girls day 42 12/12, they might be more like day 37ish though I am thinking because of flower delay. Either way I am running them until they are purple nasty hard rock sour gooeyness. 3 weeks ETA, pretty much EWC tea and straight water from here on out. Now I better get busy mixing the 78cuft of soil for next round flower and new veg :(

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

OH Ya!

Next time u may have to use 3/4 Inch PVC to keep those heavy, hard and sticky bitches up.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Well IC I will respond to everyone individually later when I update the thread. I JUST finished trimming, today was day 13 of trimming. Now I just need to keep de-stemming bagging and burping. I start on cleanup and upgrades tomorrow, I have 28 sour bubbles in 20 gallon pots ready to go into flower. Also 28 sour bubble cuts in the cloner ready for their first pot, the train is rolling. So, the work isn't over yet! This took way to long, next crop I need to have 4 fulltime helpers so I can do this in a more timely manner, lesson learned. 13 days of trimming and still keeping everything else going will about make you lose it, you start wishing for smaller plants LMAO. I lost way to much production trimming and I am fixing that for sure. I can't spend 12 weeks plus trimming a year, I could get a crop and a half off in that time. Yield looks to be good but next round is guranteed to be better. I would guess right around 16 or so. I just wanted to give you all an update it has been a while, I will get pictures loaded in shit when I settle down here.

full time grind!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What up IC! I know I have alot to catch up on in this thread so I apologize for the lack of replys. I haven't been spending much time on the computer lately and honestly I needed a break. All good news coming from here, got some vacation time in and I am all rested up for the next round. I ended up hitting around 16.5, room for improvement but considering the transformer situation I was lucky.

Currently the room is packed with 27 20gallon sour bubble ladies on day 36, and 1 20gallon deathstar on day 57. I made the changes/improvements I listed a while back in the thread, so everything is doing much better then last round. I am now aircooling my lights, the ac is still handling the heat, the heat dumps out right next to the AC intake. Also my soilmix is much hotter and the teas are happening more often.

So far this round the only complaint is the shape of my plants should have been better. During the 17 days of non stop work I did I never got my hands on the canopy to train them, but still they are huge monster bushes just not perfect. The veg room is going into 20 gallon pots tonight, 28 sour bubbles again. The train is really chuggin along right now :)

I harvested a seed project recently, I reversed the deathstar cut and slapped on it on my sour bubble mama, I made my first fem seeds! Looks like I got around 500 beans to play with. 10 have already been germed and are working on their third node. I never finished the jedi kush f2's, I vegged them to long in 3 gallon pots and flipped them in same pot, they started looking pretty bad and I really needed the numbers, the person who made the seeds has clones of them and is running them.My ecsb seedlings finished, all were good weed just nothing special. My keeper female of ecsb so far is doing great, people have been running her and really enjoying how funky she is.

Currently I have a sour bubble f2 run happening 6 sour bubbles including my mama from the orginal bog return seed release are having an orgy, 2-3 males 3-4 females. One of my males is STUD status for sure. I am making a huge as possible sour bubble f2 stash from that release for my stash. Also the sour bubble males will be getting it on with an ecsd cut. I already made this cross once and have a keeper, but I used bx4 males and I suspect these orginal release dudes to do the trick. Also in the new seedlings there is some nice females, I have backups of everything and if the males progeny test well I will be holding on to the best. My pollen chucking operation is at full speed ahead!

Anyways I wanted to let you all know I am safe and sound, last round went excellent but things are looking better and better here. I have photos from like days 65 of last round, during harvest to upload for you all soon just not tonight I am about to hit the sack.

Still lots of fun to be had here, old photos going up soon, and new photos of current round eventually. Perfect timing really, another beast sour bubble crop doing its thang!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Whats up pk, the rooms looking good man, you got it cranking now dude. Until next time be safe and take care!!!

Last edited:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright adding some harvest shots, this is after I had trimmed a nice chunk of the room, these would be around day 63ish.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php