What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for a growers job in Colorado

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, everybody. I recently decided to take a little break from growing and move to Denver, Colorado to be near family. I like it so much, I’ve decided to stay out here. Now I’m looking for a grower job. I’m happy to start in an entry level position but I am also qualified for a higher level position. Below is a little bit about me, my resume, and some pictures of my work.

I have been growing medical cannabis for 17 years now, 8 commercially. It is my passion. I love it. I love helping people with cannabis as well. I have owned and ran two sperate canna businesses, and I have always given away as much as I can to help my patients.

I have extensive experience in growing, breeding, clean grow room design, and running small grow teams. I have also run harvest and trim crew.

Also just because I have a lot of experience does not mean I am a know it all, nor do I feel entitled to any special treatment. I am always trying learn more from other growers, and share my knowledge with them as well. My goal is produce the highest quality, and cleanest cannabis available. This takes hard work, and team work. I do not cut corners, and I am a positive person. I am dedicated to the grow, and I have open availability and will work holidays.

I also have my MED key badge.

RESUME. (I have removed some details for privacy. If you are making a serious inquiry send me a private message with your name, number, email, company name, and the position you would like to interview me for. I will work for legal grows only that follow all MED laws. I have turned down sketchy grows already.)

SKILLS

Within the cannabis industry I have produced high quality, clean cannabis using a multitude of growing methods. I have managed every aspect of grows from seed and clone to final sale of product. My product will not only meet regulations, but will also satisfy any patient or connoisseur. I have been growing for 17 years and been growing commercially for 8 years. I now have my M.E.D. Key Badge as well.

Growing in soil, coco, flood and drain hydroponics, drip system hydroponics, and deep water culture hydroponics.

Germinating seeds, cloning with 98-100% percent success rate in rockwool cubes, or hydroponic ez clones system.

Plant training in sea of green, screen of green, low stress training, and super cropping methods.

Balancing PH, PPM, and EC

Creating custom feeding/flushing schedules for individual strains in multiple grow mediums, and learning new nutrient systems.

Growing with organic, veganic, or synthetic nutrients systems.

Maintaining healthy roots systems by using beneficial bacteria and fungi like OG tea veganic special sauce, root web star, Azos, and Mykos.
Using short, medium and long chain carbohydrates to maintain and feed beneficial microbials in the root system.

Observing plants and making adjustments to prevent overfeeding or underfeeding.

Environment management for every stage of growth.

I understand how the plant uptakes or locks out nutrients based environmental factors like temperature and humidity, and how different nutrients work together for proper uptake, or will lock out other nutrients with improper balances.

Mold and mildew prevention, pest prevention. Curing plants of pest or fungus issues.

Clean grow room design, and maintenance. I can design grow rooms that prevent the need for spraying in the flower stage, so the customer receives the cleanest and safest product possible.

Breeding new custom strains, and selecting phenotypes to keep products at the forefront of the industry.
Growing for maximum potency, smells, and flavors.

Knowing how each strain is reacting to the light, and adjusting their light exposure accordingly.

Recording and interpreting data to improve yield and quality.
Working and communicating with a team. Promoting a positive work environment.

Trimming, and managing trim teams. Harvesting, and managing harvest teams.
Curing cannabis properly so the final product is smooth and retains maximum terpenoids.

Learning and maintaining product knowledge.
Cannabis photography, and social media marketing.

Hiring, training and teaching growers so they understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Maintaining a clean grow environment. Clean grow rooms and surrounding areas are a key factor to producing the highest quality product possible, and preventing problems from arising.

EXPERIENCE

Canna Cali Farms — Chief Grower, Director of Product Development
May 2015 - Current
Daily tasks include: making nutrient water, watering, pruning, cleaning, and delegating between tasks.
Analyzing plant’s and determining required feed using nutrifield system, and organic biological additives.
Monitoring grow environment
Cloning using ez cloner and rockwool cube methods, and maintaining until rooted.
Transplanting at different stages using coco with smart pots.
Managing indoors, outdoors, and small greenhouse grows.
Managed harvest and trim teams
Selecting and breeding new strain varieties.
Learned clean grow room design to meet new regulations that prevents the need for spraying pesticides or antifungals.
Consulting, and cloning custom genetics for other growers
Marketing using social media.
Helping my patients select the best strain for their needs.
Hiring and training.

Hash Zeppelin Indoor Farm — Chief Gower, Director of Product Development
November 2013 - April 2015
Formulated feeding schedules using Mills nutrients, and Vegamatrix Nutrients for use in soil with smart pots.
Delegated grow team of six people on daily tasks including feeding, cloning, transplanting, and basic maintenance.
Managed trim team of eight people, including myself, averaging one pound a day per person.
Hiring, and training. Teaching grow methods, trimming, and bubble hash making.
Handled sales to dispensaries.
Nevada Medical Grow, Reno, Nevada — Grower
July 2010 - October 2013
Grew deep water culture, and flood and drain, using general hydroponics and advanced nutrients.
Trained plants with screen of green and low stress training methods
Collaborated on breeding project to make Asteroid strain. Germinated and selected Lime-Warp Phenotype.
Managed small grow and trim team of three people.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
good luck brother!
your skills look like they're on point and you seem like a really cool dude
i hope someone gives you a chance and im sure you will do your best

sdd420

Veteran
Good luck bro...do you still have the lime warp? I would love to see that for sale. Peace sdd

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck bro...do you still have the lime warp? I would love to see that for sale. Peace sdd

Not at the moment. Other people have her though. Plus I have a ton of seeds from her in my storage.

Fuel

I wish you the best.
Opinion : Each time i was "suddenly hired" it was after had put a bud on the table.

Hydro8

Nice resume, Good Luck

Remember a job interviews go both ways. You are also interviewing the job/company. Their are lots of fly by night trash canna outfits out there you have actual skills and experience find a good one and get compensated well(Denver is an expensive place).

Dog Star

Veteran
Yes man,great skills... if i look for a worker you will be a perfect choice..

wishing you fast to found job that you will enjoy to work..

All the best

X

xavier7995

Good luck to you, you may want to hit up a few of the cannabis job boards, i have even seen postings on more traditional places like indeed or monster.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck to you, you may want to hit up a few of the cannabis job boards, i have even seen postings on more traditional places like indeed or monster.

I’m on indeed already. I’ll get on monster this week. Thanks for the tip!

Hydro8

@Hash Zeppelin to get a decent job(which are few and far between) in the industry you need to network. You have to partner with the investors and owners, below that is $13-$15 jobs less then a lawn mower makes.

A lot of outfits that have no idea and are a big mess. Many with no clue about growing or agriculture with some "projected earnings" start up a grow ops hire labor and run them like McDonalds(classic USA corporate school grad). Then bugs, fines and unexpected costs kick in and they realize they can not sell their weed in a saturated market.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Hash Zeppelin to get a decent job(which are few and far between) in the industry you need to network. You have to partner with the investors and owners, below that is $13-$15 jobs less then a lawn mower makes.

A lot of outfits that have no idea and are a big mess. Many with no clue about growing or agriculture with some "projected earnings" start up a grow ops hire labor and run them like McDonalds(classic USA corporate school grad). Then bugs, fines and unexpected costs kick in and they realize they can not sell their weed in a saturated market.

What are some good ways of networking in Colorado? Cannabis trade shows?

I’m not looking to work for a little start up unless they are going to make me head grower with equity and a starting bonus. I’m looking to work for an established company. If they’re a reputable company with high quality products and they want to start me at an entry level position then that’s fine. I don’t mind working my way up.

I’d like to stay in Colorado, but if an established west coast company offered me enough money I’d move back.