What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Blend Pro nutes

G

I using PBP for flower and veg with a little Superthrive thrown in for good measure. Oh yeah Liquid Karma all the way through.

I was trying to stay as close to organic as possible understanding that PBP has some chemical additives to enhance the standard Pure Blend.

I feel like I'm not getting the all out performance that I was getting with chemical nutes or other bloom boosters.

What is anybody else doing? any luck with PBP other than no ph worries?

I just don't feel like i'm getting that POP in growth and bud production from my Mazars I have had in the past

Texas Kid

Last edited:

Telepod

I use just what you use... a fellow grower on OG used to get amazing, eye-poppin' results in organic soil... somewhere on a CD-R, I have his soil mix saved. I know it was based on fox farm ocean forest soil, with perlite added... a few other special ingredients, I think... He used PB pro, earth juice teas, sea kelp. I think he was experimenting with liquid karma or something very similar also and getting good results... I would just ask him but he deleted his user info a year or so ago. Went by the name of VoodooWitchQueen.... if by some chance he reads this, I'd love a PM; I miss that guy.

If I find that super soil recipe, I will let you know. ;)

good luck; soil organic is the way to grow!

-Telepod

PS: biggest changes I would recommend would be the addition of sea kelp (to feeding, not soil) and humates. I hear awesome things about beneficial soil microbes, and additives you can give your soil to introduce good microbes or mycelia maybe, whichever it was it increases the bioavailablility of the nutrients in the soil, should make big healthy plants quickly.
Lookup greensand, too... that and silica might make your soil build better plants. It's all about synergy, everything will lock together to enhance your plants' growth in the right system.

EDIT: I see from yr post below you grow in hydro... that explains the POP in growth you are talking about. Plants in soil swell but seldom pop, if ya know what I mean.. ;) Anyway, sounds like a good regimen you have going now, let us know how it does for you.

Last edited:
G

Thanks for all the input.

I've made a small change to my hydro mix.

Veg - 250w mh - 18/6
Pure Blend Pro Veg - 30ml/gallon
Liquid Karma - 10ml/gallon
Superthrive - 1 ml/gallon

Flower - 600w hps hortilux - 12/12
Pure Blend Pro Flower - 30ml/gallon
Liquid Karma - 10ml/gallon
Kool Bloom - 1/4 tablespoon/gallon

Everything in flower is gowing crazy like a weed.

I grow hydro in rocks so it's a little tricky with nutes because it immediately does good or bad base on what nute you tweek.

I love the Pure Blend Pro because ph is self adjusting and stable. I never have to adjust ph levels.

I've got 2 Mazar's that are almost 4 weeks in flower and buddin up like crazy.

Texas Kid

G

PBP Fan!

PBP Fan!

I'm a faithful fan of the Botanicare line. I use everything that you use but I also put Silica Blast in it. Also when I hit aroud week 6 in flowering I use the PBP Soil bloom nute as an addative. Works great, I just harvested Some Golden Skush last week. And they were huge.( http://www.icmag.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=902 ) I either used full strength the whole way or a lil less. My PPM's were around 1800 towards the end.

G

Blatant

Thanks for the input. I think I will take your advice and add some Silica Blast to my program and see the effects.

All in all I love the Botanicare stuff but as always looking for an advantage.

Thanks again

Tex Kid

ceteris paribus

hello TX Kid,

i run e&f tables full of hydroton. a side by side test of gh, pbp, and technaflora ended up with technflora leading gh by 4%, and pbp lagging another 10% behind. i dropped pbp, but have continued using liquid karma with good results in flower. green air's synergy works better as an additive in veg, but i've yet to test anything better than LK for bud density and trich production.

i've given more detailed results in the cannabisworld hydro forums in case you're interested.

G

Thanks Ceteris,

I have to go to the nute store today so I think I'm going try the technaflora.

What about sea weed extract or silica?

PBP seems to be working very well but I hadn't done any comparison and as always I'm looking for an advantage.

Tex Kid

ceteris paribus

liquid karma and synergy are both plant extract products partially derived from seaweed. they work well both as foliar sprays and in the res.

i use silica products just a bit, as a way to raise my pH and deliver some silica for its various benefits. since my spring water is 5.8 pH to begin with, acidic nutes drop it below 5.2 when mixed in. potassium silicate makes it come back up to a good range.

Ono Nadagin

I have never looked back since I switched to PBP from GH

I use

PBP grow/flower
Liquid Karma
Cal Mag
Root Sheild(they have a new product called HydroGaurd now that does the same thing)
SilicaBlast

I follow the dosing directions to letter on all the products except the PBP, I dial those in to best meet the particular strain I am growing at the time... I also find my PPMs are much higher than I used with GH with no burn, just healthier plants

Last edited:
G

Thanks Ono and Ceteris,

I've been trying to stay as close to organic as possible, that's why I love the PBP plus no ph problems.

I need to add Silica Blast and Cal Mag to my program.

I tried the hydroguard but it made my ph go through the roof so I stayed away from it.

My Mazar looks like it is exploding out of the sides of the bud, lovely, lovely....

Tex Kid