What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Recs on best portable vape? (Flower-compatible)

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I started vaping about a year ago and have spent about 3k buying every vape there is to find the holy grail of vapes.

Holy Mackerel ! 3K worth of vapes is one serious collection worthy of the Guinness Book Records. And there I was thinking my collection of 3 vapes earned me bragging rights ha ha.

You could open a vape store of your own, with such an inventory on hand. I frequent an airgun forum, and marvel at the sheer number of air rifles some members of that forum have amassed. One guy has about 30 of them, and I got to wondering how often he ever gets to use them all. :tiphat:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Some people are simply professional consumers. I am one of those people.

Funny, now as I prepare to move, I am selling EVERYTHING I own and whe I arrive at my new destination,. I will begin to buy all over again. LOL

Here is my snare collection.....

Attachments

• snarecolletionebay.jpg
    snarecolletionebay.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 19

JD-4-2-0

I don't own a Pax so I can't say.

To be honest, what made me buy the ArGo in the first place was the totally cool belt clip case with extra stems and batteries. LOL

The replaceable batteries are a must for on-the-go. Does the Pax have replaceable batteries?

No replaceable battery on the PAX but will easily last up to 10 sessions.

What exactly do you have in your collection? Interested to know what you have compared the recommendations to as I haven't tried anything from Arizer or the ArGo.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am moving so I sold about half my vapes already and still selling the other half.

So far, Arizer is the big winner in portables with me keeping the ArGo and Solo over the Fury2, Splinter, iHeat, Divine Tribe and a couple other dry herb models.

Samuel Caldwell

My VapCap arrived a couple days ago and I'm loving it! It's a similar process to my old one hitter that I've been smoking for years so it feels very familiar. It's amazing how much cleaner the vapor tastes compared to smoke, the ashtray flavor is gone. The high is much cleaner, clearer. It doesn't have that heavy smoky feeling. Combustion free! :yes:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Might better ask... what I DIDN'T get. LOL I had 8 or 9 induction heaters for the Vapcap.

For plug-in, I Like my $50 dental IH. I think it gives the most even roast. I had 3 of Pipe's from fuckcombustion and 2 were bad builds but the Portside Mini I have is very nice for a portable. I don't like the button activation as well as the proximity activation that I have on my dental IH.

I also built a couple myself. Very easy for under $50. Way less if you already have a suitable power supply. The drivers are as little as $4 on Amazon and Ebay.

There are also a couple other portables available. FC has a little more info on that.

The dental heaters have their issues as well. They are not built for the mass of the VapCap so it's not a perfect match, either.

DynaVap is supposed to be coming out with their own but I understand it will be expensive.

If I only had one choice, it would be the dental IH.

Samuel Caldwell

Thanks. I'm a bit surprised to hear you say you like the dental IH the best. I guess I'll have to look at that one a bit more closely.

Portside Mini is the primary one I've been looking at but the new Flux Deluxe looks promising. Not interested in DIY. Lucid Customs makes some cool looking wooden home units.

NizzyJones

Those dental IHs may not last very long. They're not really built to heat something as large as a vapcap. Lucid Customs and Pipes are both good options.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I own 3 of the dental heaters and have been using them since June. Of the 3 Pipe's models I bought, 2 arrived not working (and he blew me off). At least all my Chinese heaters showed up in working order. LOL

Happy Times

Really appreciate all the helpful input here, ended up going with Arizer ArGo, will arrive this coming Monday! Looking forward to testing her out

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Be aware that there is a small learning curve with the ArGo. I hated mine the first few days that I had it. And now, it's my favorite portable.

Just a heads up based on my experience with mine.

Happy Times

Be aware that there is a small learning curve with the ArGo. I hated mine the first few days that I had it. And now, it's my favorite portable.

Just a heads up based on my experience with mine.

Thanks Ringo! Any tips?

PS I have to say your recommendation given how many units you’ve tried was a major factor in going with the ArGo! Much much appreciated

Ringodoggie

Premium user
No tips really. I can't even remember why I didn't like it at first. I did buy an extra stem for mine. A longer stem that I like a little more. It keeps my mouth away from the unit just a little bit more than the standard stem. I bought mine at puffitup.com and got great service (if you are USA based).

Let us know how you like it.

:)

RB56

Veteran
I set my ArGo to 410°F instead of 392°F I use for the other Arizer vapes. Give it a minute after the display says it's reached temperature to get decent vapor. Always good to have spare glass - won't work without it.

HashTree

I've got a solo and just bought a pax 3.

The pax is really cool, portable and stealthy looks wise. But if you're worried about the smell I'd have to agree with all the arizer recommendations. It is much more discreet smell wise. And it's got great flavor.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I run my ArGo at 420F :)

And, yes, you do have to wait for it to warm up before the vapor comes.

Samuel Caldwell

Do you temp step? We just got an F2 and haven't used it enough yet to have preferences. I'd love a set it and forget it temp but stepping isn't exactly difficult. I just like being...efficient. ;)