What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Many Forest Gorillas vs Several Forest and Well Tended Plants

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
If you do it right, you can have big ass guerrilla plants that only need tended weekly/bi-weekly. And that was when I was hauling water and feeding with chemical nutrients.

This year I'm serious with the cover crop, coco coir, and different manures mixed into the native soil. I'm doing all I can to retain water and cut down on visits to plots.

Like some of the other southern guerrillas here, I encounter ticks every time I go into the bush. I always take a zippo with me for that very reason -- burned one of those fuckers today, in fact.

But I don't get super duper worried about ticks. Yes, in years past I've pulled off 7 ticks during a single visit to a plot. The first one was on me within 15 seconds of getting out of my vehicle. Threw one or two more out the window on the drive home.

If I remember correctly, it takes over 24 hours for a tick -- after it bites -- to give you lyme disease. Because of this, I constantly check myself throughout the day. I massage my scalp, my torso, legs (especially back of knees), behind my ears, waistline at least a few times each day. I also never had trouble pulling them off, even once they've bitten, with just my fingernails. I check often enough that none are ever really dug in, and I just get as close to the head as I can.

Then I flick open the zippo and torch the motherfucker.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Whoever mentioned inspecting your clothes is goddamn right, though. Those fuckers will cling to the inside of your dirty shirt and then migrate elsewhere in your vehicle and get you a day or two later. Fucking savages.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
My bad TychoMonolyth if you feel i derailed your thread...

Not at all brother. We're all on the same team, and cross talk always reveals worthwhile nuggets.

I put out another 75 today. Long socks and long sleeve shirt, and cooked under the sun. When I got home I stripped in the yard and jumped in the pool. It's cold as fuck, cloudy as shit because I just opened it two days ago. But I'm refreshed and squeaky clean from all the chemicals. If there were any ticks, they're toasted. I might have blond hair tomorrow though. :thinking:

Last edited:

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Whoever mentioned inspecting your clothes is goddamn right, though. Those fuckers will cling to the inside of your dirty shirt and then migrate elsewhere in your vehicle and get you a day or two later. Fucking savages.

I pulled my tent out and was checking it for mildew as I'm going camping soon and sure enough there was a bunch of dead ticks on the inside from fall. The bastards somehow always find a way to get to you. Going to douse my clothes in permethrin and hose myself down with deet. Deet alone isn't enough to keep them away but definitely detours them from biting or latching on to some extent. They seem to bite me the most around me neckline, waistline and ankles.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Im the oddball young guy with spine problems lol.

I broke my lower spine when i was 13 at the top of my hips,(turn 24 in like 3 weeks), grew up with my younger half brother's dad, bad alcoholic...needless to say never got to go to the hospital because "they cant do anything for a broken spine" i remember clearly being retold over an over in a slur for months afterward.

Step dad was already slave laboring me out doing concrete/construction and other hard physical labor for no pay, threatening to throw me out and not feed me constantly, So i had to work with a freshly broken spine for years in order to keep a roof over my head.

When I eventually got thrown out (17), having nothing but a grocery bag full of clothes and my foodstamps, the perpetual cycle of "friends and family" taking advantage of me began.Id be allowed a section of floor to sleep on somewhere in exchange for the same perpetual slave labor or get thrown out scenarios. IME people will not help you when you need it, they use you as a means of getting ahead and toss you back out.

Finally Febuary 2017 I found a stable place to stay at, application after application for a year before i finally get a fast food job. Though by this point in time my spine has degraded so much im in crippling nerve and organ pains from the point i wake up. First paycheck went straight to a chiropractor, next i quit my job, devoted myself 100% to growing again.

Found out about the broken vertebrae at the base of my spine (been suspecting that one). Also found out my hips have been malformed and twisted causing my whole skeletal frame issues, legs are uneven, cant stand up straight, i walk crooked feeling like im going to fall over etc.All the hard labor ive done has compressed and fused my spine together into a solid straight shaft from my hip joint all the way perfectly straight up to my skull joint. No cartilage left at all and all my nerve roots are being pinched 24/7, and my spine is crushing my intestines/colon so i have apetite and digestive issues. To top it off im prone to developing intestinal tumors...

My question to you guys is this:

Do certain types of weed ACTUALLY help with your crippling aches and nerve pains?

In my experience everything just gives me a different kind of state of mind/feeling. Ive tried LITERALLY everything involving weed, thc, cbd, cbn nothing relieves the nerve pains and aches!

Overall I have settled on making edibles ridiculously over potent so they knock me out and i can stay asleep at night.

^haha yup better planning, less shit to haul around. Its why i do so much research and started putting it together for other people to benefit from.

You have figured out a lot of things about life to be so young my friend. Plus I can tell how much you study growing....kinda like myself. I really understand your health problems. At 30ish I got in a serve car accident and almost lost my foot and broke both femurs, lower plateau in my lower back area, a bunch of ribs also. Before I really was close to healed I flipped a ATV and fracture C4 (2 places) C6 one place, broke ribs again. Yet again several other wrecks from age 31-34 when I had some issues in life going on as well. I'm closing in on 40 and have healed but the daily pain is sometimes unbearable. I can't really recommend a strain I think it depends on the person and what hits them right to help them...Sorry to get off topic guys

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've been in my outdoor area a lot and I'm in a dense area, I keep my hair short and also usually check myself good when I get back.....Tycho has it figured out jumping in the pool if you have one!!!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I wanted a water trough for the kids like I had when I was a kid, but the wife had bigger plans. :(

Available at most farm or feed stores for about $300 bucks. Kids love it (so do adults).

(2'x8')
picture.php

Nup

Ticks are nasty little creatures. Never feel them crawling. Certainly a good excuse to get a pool!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day GG ers

Tuck your trouser legs into your socks and put insect repellent on your neck and wrists .
Ticks hang out on blades of grass or leaves waiting for an animal to brush past them . Then latch on to us and start crawling towards the warmth of major blood vessels groin , neck , under arms and scalp .

They do not fall from above onto your head like I was told as kid . They crawl up from your arms or body .

Block their access to your body and they have a lot harder time fcking with you .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Tics are really bad where I live...

Buy a small bag of powered sulfur... Put some in an old sock and tie the end shut..

When you go out, beat the sulfur sock against the top of your shoes,
on your socks and pant legs... You'll see the light yellow dust on yourself

it will keep most ticks and chiggers off of you...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Tics are really bad where I live...

Buy a small bag of powered sulfur... Put some in an old sock and tie the end shut..

When you go out, beat the sulfur sock against the top of your shoes,
on your socks and pant legs... You'll see the light yellow dust on yourself

it will keep most ticks and chiggers off of you...
Nice tip.
Where do you buy powered sulfur?

Just wanted to thank you for your thread tycho. Really enjoying it and feeling nostalgic for growing in the bush. I assume you are celebrating the May long in the most Canadian way possible, bringing more ladies out into the sunshine:biggrin: That was always my tradition, and one a lot of fellow canucks are out doing this weekend. Good luck and have fun.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
The year I did this, I had about 60 plants in this plot. Tended to them every day or every other day. Kinda a hybrid between the two styles mentioned in the thread title.

Kosher Kush - got 10 ounces out of this 5 gal pail.

picture.php

This Exodus Kush came in at just over 2 lbs.

picture.php

This a group that were in 7 gal grow bags. I cut the bottoms off and set them on top of a hole I dug that held 2 cu.ft. of soil(a whole bag) for each plant.

picture.php

I pulled about 30 lbs. out of the swamp that year.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Just wanted to thank you for your thread tycho. Really enjoying it and feeling nostalgic for growing in the bush. I assume you are celebrating the May long in the most Canadian way possible, bringing more ladies out into the sunshine:biggrin: That was always my tradition, and one a lot of fellow canucks are out doing this weekend. Good luck and have fun.

You're welcome. We refer to it as the May24 weekend. Seeing that there's 24 beers in a case. I don't drink but hey... I'm always up for good fireworks. Being a firebug and all.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Thanks DoubleTripleOG, ive been talking alot about big yields in small containers lately and you are killing it!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The year I did this, I had about 60 plants in this plot. Tended to them every day or every other day. Kinda a hybrid between the two styles mentioned in the thread title.

View Image

View Image

This a group that were in 7 gal grow bags. I cut the bottoms off and set them on top of a hole I dug that held 2 cu.ft. of soil(a whole bag) for each plant.

View Image

Well done!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran

View Image

View Image

View Image

That looked like a damn good yr bye the looks of those few pics friend!!! Nice :woohoo:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Tycho

K so got a battery drill and an auger .
Took it out over the weekend for trials . 3-4 holes only with the standard 1.3 Amp hr battery .
Off to the hardware to buy some more bigger batteries . I want to be able to finish a plot and have battery to spare . .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Latest posts

Latest posts