What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they only fly here to confirm tips. aviation fuel is way too expensive for those dickheads to just go up & patrol power line right of ways and back valley corn fields...most patches turned in here are found by assholes trespassing and picking blackberries on someone elses property.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
My wife takes care of the birds around here.
I can tell you a 25# sack of in-shell peanuts goes for $52 out the door.
Then she also gets shelled peanuts, wild bird blend and occasionally thistle seed for the goldfinches.
Usual customers are bluejay, woodpeckers, nuthatches, chickadee and of course some crap birds like starlings, house sparrows and grackles.
Oh yeah, she likes to feed crows as well but they get kitchen scraps.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
We also currently have a house of bluebird babies right out our back door. It was put there as a decoration but didn’t take more then a day before a couple moved in.

0820A577-0A0E-4A21-8FDC-2736F62E7D85.jpeg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
We also currently have a house of bluebird babies right out our back door. It was put there as a decoration but didn’t take more then a day before a couple moved in.

View attachment 18872676
i've put boxes up here for years, and never had a pair take up residence. in our first home, the birds raised 3 sets of little ones outside our bedroom window the first summer. the male was fearless. little SOB would fly down right in front of my mower to grab a bug he'd spotted. love bluebirds...

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My wife takes care of the birds around here.
I can tell you a 25# sack of in-shell peanuts goes for $52 out the door.
Then she also gets shelled peanuts, wild bird blend and occasionally thistle seed for the goldfinches.
Usual customers are bluejay, woodpeckers, nuthatches, chickadee and of course some crap birds like starlings, house sparrows and grackles.
Oh yeah, she likes to feed crows as well but they get kitchen scraps.
I think I’m paying about eight bucks a pound for peanuts in the shell

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...looks like the break from 100+ degree temps every friggin day is about over...wonder how long this sun blasted hellscape session will last...probably forever...c'mon fall! had enough summer for a dozen years...
store run then back for garden chores...just have 2-3 oz left to trim then a few weeks off from trim jail...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I ripped open a roof today and got sprinkled on twice. Stupid weatherman. He was right as usual. As in part of the day he was right.

Got 2.5 square off and almost 2 back on. Only worked about 3 hours. Hell I could have done the whole block and started on the next one over if the weather was decent. I blame the weatherman or person or women or what ever else they may want to be called.