What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom hill's Pine Tar Kush

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Good luck... i been on a mission to get my hands on some... i basically used up all my sources n failed in locating ptk beans... still got a few tricks up my sleeve to try.... but if i were u i would give up dreamin of ptk... if i cant find it... seriously doubt u have a chance..
But if anyone got beans my 5k offer is still on the table...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody heard of Old Dream Genetics?

S33d finder says they make PTK.

I know nothing about 'em.

Also wonder what the chances of finding it in PCK are... since PTK is derived from PCK.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Female clones are around, ... some traits are its structure. ... plant has 2x4s as stems... dont need support. .. big wide leafs looks like a typical paki kush... real sharp distinguishing smell like a pine forest with sweet tones... none of that bubba earthy coffee kush... it differt....
As mentioned females are around but its the males in this line im after....

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My time for posting on boards is greatly limited these days. In regards to PTK, I still have hundreds of seeds that Ive been growing here and there. I keep them separated as four different lines. Just my amateur attempt at hopefully getting the desirable plants to show up with more frequency, one day.
And that is the problem with PTK. It doesn't throw the amazing plants with great frequency at all. Hermies and sub-par plants are the norm. Awesome plants are few and far between. It's a true breeding seed line and would be best suited to maintaining as a breeding tool and making hybrids. Most of the crosses I've used it in turned out well.

highsteppa

Veteran
PTK is nice smoke, but most folks that aren't specifically into landrace/heirloom type stuff prob wouldn't grow it more than once.

I grew 12 last season and had 8 females. One was a standout for pine w/ lemony terps, and another was almost as good with pine /pear-ish type smells. The others were a mix of pine/pear/floral lemon. I didn't get any herms but most wouldn't make the cut in many gardens. I consider it headstash herb with less than 10% keeper quality. Granted I only grew a few. It's a classic indica; slow growing, huge leaves, very compact with dense buds. The better ones were decent with trichs. Smoke was mellow and happy, quite nice with good flavor.

All of the hybrid crosses made with the males took, but none of the ptk x ptk took...no idea why as I know folks have reproduced them. Another grower I know had the same incompatibility issues, so go figure. Even pollen in the wind from males didn't result in seed. Beautiful plant though...have some sfv x ptk going now so we will see what she can do in a cross. Peace

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

...from my little experience with PTK i found something Chitral in it, with sativ' flowers i mean... Stocky plants in veg but stretch well and more than the XVIII. Also pistils are fine and less wide than the "kafiristanican" stuff imho. Smell and taste a nice wild herbal hash but not the fruity'bubble X18 stuff. Nevertheless it is also very good and yield more :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts