What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

Budweiser13

Much appreciated for the how to on this Blaze.

Much appreciated for the how to on this Blaze.

Hello Blaze, I joined this site just to say thanks for this great how to. I lurk at many sites and have seen you over at AN's site. Hey if can find the time would you be able to post some pics of the actual resi hooked up to the controller. I see you show the float valve being installed to the rubbermaid tub and drilling the hole and installing the ebb and flo bulkhead on the trash can. But would it be possible to show the connection from the Controller to the res. Also I know you use AN Nute's for your DWC due you use the full line would you be willing to share what of AN's products you use again thanks for the great walk thru on this I know I truly aapreciate it and would like to copy this sometime............ :wave:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Pugnacious
For a 3-4 bucket system i would use a standard 5 gallon bucket for the controller,The res 20 gallon rubbermain will work.The float should be set a little higher than you plan to set the water lever and adjusted to the proper setting,By bending the bar for the float.

Nitetiger
Thanks for stopping by you gave me no troubles man.

Budweiser13
Well thanks for the kind words glad you have followed some of my work.I will be starting a new crop soon with a thread and will of course post the feeding scedule from week 1 through harvest.There is most of my scedule posted on advanced bulletin board you have to find my most recent thread on their forums.

Ok everyone until next time be safe and take care!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ok guys got it all finished up sorry had to take care of some things and do spring cleaning so took me a little longer than i planned,Its finished now time to see how it performs.

Last edited:

Budweiser13

Thanks again for the awsome pictures really helps alot cant wait to see it give you some huge buds................ :wave:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
You and me both lol,System will be running soon enough clones are rooting as i write this.

Budweiser13

They should call you Dr Blazeoneup your room looks as clean as a Doctor's Room..........goodluck to you.............

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Lmao thanks for the compliment.Always good to have little luck on your side no matter how much you put into it...

N

Neptune

Blazeoneup,

can I see how you connect the 1/4" feed lines to the 1/2" tube? I have a hole puncher than does the job, but I get leaks around those tiny barbs used to connect 1/4" tubing.

Also, how much space do you give between each bucket typically? If i'm remembering you use verticle lighting, so that will be a bit different than my setup. I use standard horizontal lighting, and my buckets dont sit directly under the reflector, but more off to the sides .. i think this is a mistake and I should move the buckets closer together and under the bulb, as oposed to sorta straddling the light footprint...

what are your thoughts?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Neptune
I have posted pics of this already,I use a meat thermometer and poke a hole into the 1/2" tubing and then insert the barb fitting,It seems a few people have ended up with leaks from them so i guess its all in how you do it.

I like to give 12"-16" between each bucket. I guess it depends on the size plants your growing and the space you ave to work with.I think if i were you i may just move them a little closer together.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Also guys i have this tutorial in wordpad document,Complete with full size images if anyone would like to have it to veiw offline and store away,Just pm me an email and i'll email you the tutorial.

Until next time be safe and take care :)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Cool man i wanted to get it up so people could have it offline i thought forget it upload it give a link.

It will stay there permanantly as long as its downloaded at least one time per month...

ColoraDro

Ok dude i have been admireing your threads and alll i can say is Damn!!!!

first off i would like to say that your DWC tutorial was the best i have seen and has inspired me to do the same...

problems are on the list you made of supplies you said you were doing 12 buckets as i only want to do 6 for now and maybe 8 next run i would like to know how i would go about dividing your supply list to fit my needs in other whord what would i need to build a 6 to 8 bucket system???

all help is extremely thankfull

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
6x 5 gallon buckets
6x lids with 6" nets built in
6x 2' air diffusers
1x 18 gallon rubbermaid tub
1x 20-30 gallon reservoir
8x 3/4" elbows
8x 3/4" tee's
8x 3/4" (tub outlets) ebb n flow fittings
2x 3/4" shut off valves
1x 1/2" ebb n flow fittings
12x 1/4" straight barbs
6x 1/4" barbed elbows
2x 1/2" shut off valves
2x 1/2" end caps
50' 3/4" ID tubing
50' 1/4" ID tubing
25' 1/2" ID tubing
1x Float valve
1x eco 150-275 gph water pump
1x eco 8 air pump

Thats the parts list for a 6 bucket system hope this helps :)

ColoraDro

sweet dude i am half way there already got 4 5 gal buckets with the tops with the net pot built in already but as far as the air pump how strong does it have to be?

i mean i already have 2 pumps that have the to valves and im pretty sure that each one can handle 2 buckets each pump....

or is it better to just get a big ass one and do it right????

just want to do it right and not have to do it again you know???

thanks dude

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Really dont matter dual outlet pumps x 3 is fine.Or 1 single pumps that has enough outlets....

Its preference on that for the most part :)

Latest posts

Latest posts