What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 Only - Feeding

gualapa

For my first grow, I will be using 12/12 straight from the get go since I'm growing a pure sativa (seed's website says max of 10 days of indoor veg).

I was wondering two things:
-When will the plants start to show sex since the plants are only in 12/12?

-Since there isn't a set veg & flower time, I'm sort of confused on how to feed. Should I be providing both types of feeding at the same time? or maybe some veg food first for a few weeks, then apply flowering feed after?

Thanks for your help.

gonzo`

plants will show sex after about 3 weeks.

feed veg food until you see buds forming then switch to flower food.

if you're a new grower you should give them about a week of 18/6 so they bed in well.

do not top or cut anything off as it will slow down growth...

sativas do well in this regime just make sure your start is good or your plants will end up small.

*** another tip is to start them in their final container as transplanting will slow things down...

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
I agree with everything gonzo said except the need for 18/6 for a week. I, and many others, have found this to be unnecessary. Also, for a pure sativa, you may find 11/13 or 10/14 preferable as they might not finish under 12/12. Good luck and happy growing!

gualapa

Okay, however I will be topping at least 2 or 3 branches so it doesn't get too tall. I found another grower's journal & he said this:
at 4 weeks i topped once and cut off the bottom four branches leaving me with six branches,
at 5 weeks i topped the upper four branches and left the bottom two untopped to reach the light better

I am doing a donut vert grow so the height from these pure sativas should come in handy. flowering should take around 13-15 weeks tho so feel I should top a little to make sure they don't get too tall.

Latest posts

Latest posts