What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Guards, *Shields, Salts and Bennies

Hello All,

I have a question for the hydro pros amongst us. I'm just getting started all over again after taking a three year break. Right now I have some bagseed that just popped above the coco within the last three days..

I plan on going with EnF eventually utilizing either coco or hydroton, even though I kind of hate the mess of both. I also plan on using a one-part, most likely salt-based KISS hydro fert. Such as Maxibloom, veg+bloom (which I already own a fresh pound of), or floraduo lucas. Possibly even Jack's professional as a possibility. Obviously I'll only be choosing one.

The basis of my question is around hydroguard and micro-herds.. Will I be able to use hydroguard or even an inoculate to colonize my rez? Is this possible using salts? Obviously I'll have to bubble my water for twenty four to rid the chlorine first.

I feel as though I know a decent amount of grow things..lol However, I'll be treating myself as a beginner here because frankly, I mixed and matched too much in my previous days. I learned too much about too many things and tried to put it all together..I've never really followed a proven method..I've had some great results, but on accident..

I never would have even mentioned this before out of ego and embarrassment but that just gets in the way.. I'm more humble and ready to admit what I don't know..

Do they even make hydroguard anymore?

Does anyone use SM90 in their res on a regular basis?

Are enzymes useful without a microherd?

BigGreen

Veteran
Ive used hydrogaurd with salt ferts and its seemed to be fine

Hydrogaurd is now aquashield

Applesauce

Salts won't affect bennies. SM-90 is not compatible with such a system though. I believe certain fungi is affected by levels of phosphorus passed a certain threshold. Someone else can chime in on this..

Latest posts

Latest posts