What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

165 dollars a liter for Advanced Nutrients Piranha Liquid 1L

What's in this stuff that could warrant paying 165 dollars for a liter of this stuff? I use AN and the stuff I use works fine. But I mean really what is this stuff going to do for 165 dollars?
snap%20out%20of%20it.gif
If you add in Voodoo Juice your looking at 265 dollars for two products. I just don't see how much better it could make my plants for the high cost.

Anyone else know?:tumbleweed:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Advanced-Nutrien...530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2560cedc6a

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I just hope that they take Visa so that I can round out my collection of AN products! Nothing good ol' sloppy-seconds 'Wet Betty' eh?

CC

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Man, advanced is garbage.

advanced-piranhaliquid-l.gif

This product is basically some rooting mycohorrizhae and tricos. Its a great product to use for your root zone,especially if you are in soil. But don't buy that B.S. for $165!!

IMO the best of the best is the Great White Shark from Plant Success. I am pretty sure they wholesale all the microbes to everyone else in the industry.

plant-success-great-white.jpg

This is the label.

APPLICATION METHODS
Soil and Potted Plants
SOLUTION - Mix 1 scoop (1 tsp) per 2 gallons of water.
Hydroponic Application
*repeat process every 2-3 weeks for optimal results
**ONE SCOOP EQUALS 1 TEASPOON
*Can be applied using SOLUTION mix below
**Can be applied directly to growing media
Contains 269,786 CFU’s Per CC of
each of the following 11 species:
Bacillus subtillus
Bacillus licheniformis
Bacillus azotoformanas
Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus coagulans
Bacillus pumlis
Paenibacillus polymyxa
Streptomyces griseues
Streptomyces lydicus
Psuedomonas aureofaceans
Psuedomonas florescence
Trichoderma konigii-93,750 spores per cc
Trichoderma harzianum-93,750 spores per cc

99.9% inert ingredients
©2010 Plant Revolution Inc.
Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in this product
is available on the internet at http://www.aapfco.org/metals.htm
Contains carefully selected mycorrhizal fungus well suited to a variety of soils,
climates and plants. In nature, these fungi build a microbial system in and on
plant roots which greatly enhance plant growth and vigor.
CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
Mycorrhiza (131,474 of viable organisms per cc)
Ectomycorrhiza/cc
Pisolithus tinctorious - 112,500 spores per cc
Rhizopogon luteolus - 3,125 spores per cc
Rhizopogon fulvigleba - 3,125 spores per cc
Rhizopogon villosullus - 3,125 spores per cc
Rhizopogon amylopogon - 3,125 spores per cc
Scleroderma citrinum - 3,125 spores per cc
Scleroderma cepa - 3,125 spores per cc
Endomycorrhiza/cc
Glomus aggregatum - 50 spores per cc
Glomus intraradices - 50 spores per cc
Glomus mosseae - 50 spores per cc
Glomus etunicatum - 50 spores per cc
Glomus clarum - 6 spores per cc
Glomus monosporum - 6 spores per cc
Glomus brazilianum - 6 spores per cc
Glomus margarita - 6 spores per cc

Beneficial Bacteria & Trichoderma

If you just wanna try it, its like $40 for 4oz of the dry, which last forever for most people.

If you want a liquid form that has some extra plant food, foxfarm came out with a kangaroots and a microbrew that are only $20 per liter. I would definitely try the combo of those before I pay $165 to A.N.

images

mrktwiz

Extracting oil out of a snake is an expensive process.

Captain....bwahahah so true....thats why when I found the K.I.S.S. thread in Nutrients area I totally changed and went simple and cheap and I have NEVER been sorry with my YIELDS or POTENCY yet....christ what was it that P. T. Barnum said, "there's a sucker born every minute". I spent 10 years in high tech marketing and we schlepped the craziest and sometimes lousiest software/hardware etc due to "fancy marketing slicks" etc...

Keep it simple SO much easier on the pocketbook, I am constantly amazed how little MJ truly needs to be good.

just my .02 cents....

Wow, there are so many alternatives and so many BETTER products out there. It is amazing to me that ANYONE buys any of the nonsense AN is peddling.....I do not get how they are still in business. What a "joke" product from a "joke" company.

ZZTops

Veteran
Wow... $180.00 for a pack of seeds, $165.00 a liter for additives...

Some people think they can buy a good grow...

In reality all it takes is Love and a K.I.S.S...:tiphat:

D

danimarie193

You guys can hate all you want but AN has the best products on the market. Have you guys tryed there stuff or are you just hating becuase it cost alot? It only took one product to make me switch to there hole line up. The bottle was also given to me at my local hydro store. New store did not carry Bloombastic and I was given a liter of Big Bud to replace it. Big Bud did more for me in 2 weeks then Bloombastic did in 6.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, advanced is garbage.

advanced-piranhaliquid-l.gif

This product is basically some rooting mycohorrizhae and tricos. Its a great product to use for your root zone,especially if you are in soil. But don't buy that B.S. for $165!!

IMO the best of the best is the Great White Shark from Plant Success. I am pretty sure they wholesale all the microbes to everyone else in the industry.

plant-success-great-white.jpg

This is the label.

APPLICATION METHODS
Soil and Potted Plants
SOLUTION - Mix 1 scoop (1 tsp) per 2 gallons of water.
Hydroponic Application
*repeat process every 2-3 weeks for optimal results
**ONE SCOOP EQUALS 1 TEASPOON
*Can be applied using SOLUTION mix below
**Can be applied directly to growing media
Contains 269,786 CFU’s Per CC of
each of the following 11 species:
Bacillus subtillus
Bacillus licheniformis
Bacillus azotoformanas
Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus coagulans
Bacillus pumlis
Paenibacillus polymyxa
Streptomyces griseues
Streptomyces lydicus
Psuedomonas aureofaceans
Psuedomonas florescence
Trichoderma konigii-93,750 spores per cc
Trichoderma harzianum-93,750 spores per cc

99.9% inert ingredients
©2010 Plant Revolution Inc.
Information regarding the contents and levels of metals in this product
is available on the internet at http://www.aapfco.org/metals.htm
Contains carefully selected mycorrhizal fungus well suited to a variety of soils,
climates and plants. In nature, these fungi build a microbial system in and on
plant roots which greatly enhance plant growth and vigor.
CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:
Mycorrhiza (131,474 of viable organisms per cc)
Ectomycorrhiza/cc
Pisolithus tinctorious - 112,500 spores per cc
Rhizopogon luteolus - 3,125 spores per cc
Rhizopogon fulvigleba - 3,125 spores per cc
Rhizopogon villosullus - 3,125 spores per cc
Rhizopogon amylopogon - 3,125 spores per cc
Scleroderma citrinum - 3,125 spores per cc
Scleroderma cepa - 3,125 spores per cc
Endomycorrhiza/cc
Glomus aggregatum - 50 spores per cc
Glomus intraradices - 50 spores per cc
Glomus mosseae - 50 spores per cc
Glomus etunicatum - 50 spores per cc
Glomus clarum - 6 spores per cc
Glomus monosporum - 6 spores per cc
Glomus brazilianum - 6 spores per cc
Glomus margarita - 6 spores per cc

Beneficial Bacteria & Trichoderma

If you just wanna try it, its like $40 for 4oz of the dry, which last forever for most people.

If you want a liquid form that has some extra plant food, foxfarm came out with a kangaroots and a microbrew that are only $20 per liter. I would definitely try the combo of those before I pay $165 to A.N.

images

I was told by hydro store guy that these 2 products are nearly identical,and he recommended the great white cause its a fraction of the price,,maby ill try it soon......

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
You guys can hate all you want but AN has the best products on the market. Have you guys tryed there stuff or are you just hating becuase it cost alot? It only took one product to make me switch to there hole line up. The bottle was also given to me at my local hydro store. New store did not carry Bloombastic and I was given a liter of Big Bud to replace it. Big Bud did more for me in 2 weeks then Bloombastic did in 6.

No. Its not that we are haters.

Its just the fact that there are superior products available for a fraction of the cost.

I am not saying it doesn't work, but to quote Rez and sum it up in one sentence:

"
AN sucks.
Anything "you" can do with $1000 worth of AN,I can do better,and with only $125.00 worth of GenHydro nutes. Easily.
smile.gif

Oh,and my herb will stay lit and burn clean,unlike any AN-grown herb I've ever smoked.

"
wink.gif

F_T_P!

Your favorite does not equal best. lol :laughing:

AN works, but no better than any other hydro store nutrient company. With AN you are paying for the image their marketing team has created, which is funny IMO.

ha ha ha

ha ha ha

Hey danimarie! I have a 1989 Ford Pinto for sale! 65,000 dollars. You can make it out in bank draft please. It works like a Ferrari and has the suspension of a Dodge Viper. Don't hate on it either, because you haven't driven it. lol :moon:

tester

An other interesting thing is the difference between the liquid and the powder form of Piranha.

attachment.php

There are huge differences, species are missing...

There was also an older Piranha with 2 times more species, even though some of these were completely useless for cannabis.

Gigaspora margarita
Glomus aggregatum
Glomus brasilianum
Glomus clarum
Glomus deserticola
Glomus intraradices
Glomus monosporum
Glomus mosseae
Laccaria bicolor
Laccaria laccata
Pisolithus tinctorius
Rhizopogon amylopogon
Rhizopogon fulvigleba
Rhizopogon luteolus
Rhizopogon villosullus
Scleroderma Cepa
Scleroderma citrinum
Trichoderma flavouirens
Trichoderma harzianum
Trichoderma imbricatum
Trichoderma koningii
Trichoderma pardinum
Trichoderma polysporum
Trichoderma viride
Trichoderma zelleni

How come that all three of them are the best one can get if they are all different?
Same question arises with AN's nutrient schedules that have different NPK ratios yet all of them are said to be the best for cannabis.

Attachments

• piranha vs piranha.png
    piranha vs piranha.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 11

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
I've never paid for any AN product, and their snake oils are BS IMHO.
There's way too many products in their line.
I did receive quarts of their 3 part for free from my hydro shop and have been using it for 3 years without any problems. I run Lucas in hydro and 3 part in Promix.
The Pirhanna sounds like a way to separate growers from their money.
KISS

Latest posts

Latest posts