What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 from seed,what nutes?

jzees

Hi all I would like to grow 12/12 from seed but not sure as to what nutes to use. Any help with this would be great,sorry if it has been asked before. Cheers.:gday:

ibjamming

Veteran
The PERFECT nutes for you are being discussed right here in this forum. Do some looking around...it will be to your benefit...seriously.

Good luck with your grow.

jzees

Thanks for the reply ib,I'm new to this forum thing and haven't quite worked out the search feature yet. I'll do some looking and see what I come up with.
:gday:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont use any until much later in flower. My soilless mix has everything she needs until way past seedlings(seedlings dont need much). The I just use a High P for flowering but be careful dont use to hot of a mix. If your doing hydro cant help ya there

ibjamming

Veteran
Just browse...find a thread about nutes.

First you need to know HOW you're going to grow. Soil? Soiless? Hydro? DWC, NFT, aero, hempy bucket? Cab? Micro? SOG? SCROG?

I saw you were post #1...I figured you're new. You CAN just get some dirt and plant the seed...but a little knowledge goes a long way.

I suggest you check out the grow diaries...there are a lot og great grows in there with people proud and willing to share what they know. But you HAVE to learn the basics...read a few "newbie" sticky threads.

It's not HARD...but it needs to be done right.

Good luck!

jzees

I dont use any until much later in flower. My soilless mix has everything she needs until way past seedlings(seedlings dont need much). The I just use a High P for flowering but be careful dont use to hot of a mix. If your doing hydro cant help ya there
Thanks for the reply,would this work with coco and perlite? I am not sure of the nutes that are in coco and if it would be enough for good healthy growth.:gday:

jzees

Just browse...find a thread about nutes.

First you need to know HOW you're going to grow. Soil? Soiless? Hydro? DWC, NFT, aero, hempy bucket? Cab? Micro? SOG? SCROG?

I saw you were post #1...I figured you're new. You CAN just get some dirt and plant the seed...but a little knowledge goes a long way.

I suggest you check out the grow diaries...there are a lot og great grows in there with people proud and willing to share what they know. But you HAVE to learn the basics...read a few "newbie" sticky threads.

It's not HARD...but it needs to be done right.

Good luck!
Cheers ib. Yer I'm a noob,thanks for the good advice,looks like I got some reading to do.:gday:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Absolutely find a good coco mix there are plenty here just search for them. There are no Nutrients in coco. You would need to ad amendments to the mix.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont use anything until u see sex. You could use a weak foliar feed like a tea. Start off with 1/2 strength of bloom to check the plant and see how she responds. Some will use a High P nutrient I only use these when I grow big plants. 12/12 seed plants will be super small. My smallest was 7-8" You should be fine as long as you do not love her to death.

Hope that helps

jzees

dont use anything until u see sex. You could use a weak foliar feed like a tea. Start off with 1/2 strength of bloom to check the plant and see how she responds. Some will use a High P nutrient I only use these when I grow big plants. 12/12 seed plants will be super small. My smallest was 7-8" You should be fine as long as you do not love her to death.

Hope that helps
Thanks Hammerhead for the great info. So even in coco I should not use anything until I see sex,it won't die from starvation will it?:gday:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It will be easier for you to just use 1/4 strength organic nutrients for this. Watch your plants for anything that looks out and increase your stregth to half. The mix would need to have a bunch of ingredients added to it before use. Most use coco for hydro. Make sure u ph all the water u use on the plant 6.5 and adjust as needed. See my mix below

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
do a search for mixes. This is my mix
1 chunk of coco
1 bag Happy Frog
1 bale Sunshine mix#2
Dolomite lime 1tbs PER G
Blood Meal 1 tbs per g
Jamacian bat Guano 1/2 tbs per gal
Perlite this is a thing where I can see how much is needed to make the mix drain well. You will use allot.
1 bag earth worm castings

Mix all this up and water let it sit for 24 hrs and use.

AbbieDoobie

jzees...I hate to break it to ya, bro, but you are going to have to do a few grows to get the knack of growing. My first grow was ok, but not great. Next one was better after sitting and reading a LOT of grow logs and other threads. I usually start with Foxfarm Light Warrior and some water with Liquid Karma, using the instructions on the back. DON'T OVERWATER!!! That is the biggest mistake many new guys make. You can easily tell by just lifting the pots and feeling by weight if they need water. Read your plants. Do they look ready for more water/nutes. Start in small pots, re-pot to larger pots, increase nutes in the soil, going from Light Warrior to a half Light Warrior and half Ocean Forest soil. You should definitely start out using soil, forget hydro for a newcomer to growing. Have you ever put out a garden in your backyard? Tomatoes, peppers, etc.? This is a great way to learn, no paranoia about "will I get caught", just taking it easy growing some plants just to learn. Anyway, once your pot plants get pretty big, put them in big pots with pure Ocean Forest. Consider using the Pure Blend line of nutes. Not Pure Blend Pro, just Pure Blend. This is what I do, with great success. Get a pH meter. Be patient with your plants. Don't put the light too near them if using a HPS. Real close if using Floro's. You'll get the hang of it. PM me if you got any questions.

~Abbie :joint:

jzees

do a search for mixes. This is my mix
1 chunk of coco
1 bag Happy Frog
1 bale Sunshine mix#2
Dolomite lime 1tbs PER G
Blood Meal 1 tbs per g
Jamacian bat Guano 1/2 tbs per gal
Perlite this is a thing where I can see how much is needed to make the mix drain well. You will use allot.
1 bag earth worm castings

Mix all this up and water let it sit for 24 hrs and use.
I shall give it a try,not sure if I can get the happy frog or the sunshine mix as i'm in OZ and I can't say that I have ever seen those anywhere,I'll look into them and see if I can find something similar. Cheers:gday:

jzees

jzees...I hate to break it to ya, bro, but you are going to have to do a few grows to get the knack of growing. My first grow was ok, but not great. Next one was better after sitting and reading a LOT of grow logs and other threads. I usually start with Foxfarm Light Warrior and some water with Liquid Karma, using the instructions on the back. DON'T OVERWATER!!! That is the biggest mistake many new guys make. You can easily tell by just lifting the pots and feeling by weight if they need water. Read your plants. Do they look ready for more water/nutes. Start in small pots, re-pot to larger pots, increase nutes in the soil, going from Light Warrior to a half Light Warrior and half Ocean Forest soil. You should definitely start out using soil, forget hydro for a newcomer to growing. Have you ever put out a garden in your backyard? Tomatoes, peppers, etc.? This is a great way to learn, no paranoia about "will I get caught", just taking it easy growing some plants just to learn. Anyway, once your pot plants get pretty big, put them in big pots with pure Ocean Forest. Consider using the Pure Blend line of nutes. Not Pure Blend Pro, just Pure Blend. This is what I do, with great success. Get a pH meter. Be patient with your plants. Don't put the light too near them if using a HPS. Real close if using Floro's. You'll get the hang of it. PM me if you got any questions.

~Abbie :joint:
Hi Abbie thanks for the reply and the words of encouragement,I love growing chilli plants and have a pretty good vegie garden so I am hoping this will help. I'm in Oz so I cannot get any of the foxfarm range here as far as I know but I will look into and see if I can find something similar.:gday: