What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cali strain scene washed up, what do people want

S

SicKSKills

unfortunately, it is my opinion that the cali strain scene is completely washed up....theres nothing new out there and if there was people dont know what is and there is no demand for any strain any more it seems...besides the fact herb in general has lost value, even the most high end kushes are way down, people wont even buy strains like urkle, blue dream, sour d etc anymore....im not a pot broker just a simple grower, but i watch a lot of other big meetings take place and people are turning down every damn thing even totally non merch hazes,...what the hell is it that you people want if youre turning down the best of the best? not a lot of other direction to head besides concentrates it seems and i cant remember the last time i saw someone buy bubble was, i have a half lb right here for last 6 months, bomb sizzle melt and i couldnt give it away. i just want to give the people what the want, so what is it you guys, and gals, want??

Relentless

Veteran
all about supply and demand. the market is flooded over there with high end mj.
maybe peeps are just getting bored with the same great phenos.. maybe pop some seeds and find something different?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you had some super frosty grapefruity purple tinged Sweet Tooth buds people would not leave you alone after they got some! Very loved bud but hard to find because people don't really sell it often since it's many growers favorite smoke due to the anti-anxiety and relaxed nature of the buzz. ;)

someotherguy

Veteran
i was being sarcastic about the autos....
i'm glad, i thought you were too much a grower to really
want to taint your garden with these noob plants, i say noob
plants 'cause only a noob would want to lose all control and
be forced to start from seed every single grow, no clones,
no mothers, just seeds!

that'd be a great world to be a seedmaker, lol.

peace, SOG

benzo

HUH?? what part of cali you in?

I have no prob getting/getting rid of (TRADING..;) ) All of those mentioned strains..

It's not just named that.. its legit strains, that are A++++

But then again, I go into medical clubs.. and they try and push those above mentioned strains, that are obviously misnamed, and/or grew wrong and try and charge me 400 a zip!!

But I get my A++++ shit for 260.. SO I laugh.. and bounce out with nothing in hand.

Bubble on the other hand is extremely hard to find.. but when one of my buddies or I find a good connect, we'll be getting zips none stop till the connect is dry..

maybe its just who you know?

If you had some super frosty grapefruity purple tinged Sweet Tooth buds people would not leave you alone after they got some! Very loved bud but hard to find because people don't really sell it often since it's many growers favorite smoke due to the anti-anxiety and relaxed nature of the buzz. ;)
How long do you have to let your Tooth go to get it to purple? Or is it merely a function of temps? I've been taking mine down in the 45-day range at this time of year due to issues w bud rot -- those damn terminal buds just get so heavy...

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bro 45 days they are not gonna turn colors in most cases, you need cooler night temps preferably and at least 56 days to mature with a good flush for the last 10 days. Now if you are having bud rot or mold issues you gotta get that humidity down or top the plant out to encourage more plentiful but smaller bud sites and less of a main top cola. What version Tooth do you have?

JOJO420

Veteran
I agree

I agree

Same scenario with me. I see people saying no to BOMB shit unless its half price,lol. I also cannot even give away bubble, as everyone I know has some. WTF?? I guess I need to get out more,lol
I know its who I know, all my friends are connected, maybe its time to meet some noobs.:tiphat:

jburns

im in michigan and i have seen prices go from 50 down to 35 for an eighth of top shelf in the last 2 months, but im pretty sure it will stabilize at 10 bux a gram. im talkin chemd sour d la con all nice frosty nugs. every one is going crazy with simpson oil now and there dosin people for free of charge.

Whatever the magazines and rappers hype is what will sell.

More OG and Insert-Name-Here Kush please! Most consumers and card-holders in Southern CA know nothing about strains/genetics, but when they spot a label containing "OG" or "Kush" I guarantee it will be mighty appealing to them. These buds always fly off the shelves.

Very uninteresting scene here, in my opinion. Growers have to sell what is in demand. That isn't to say dispensaries do not carry other strains as well, but I have started to notice the same strains being sold over and over again across Southern CA. Not very exciting, but if I want to pay my bills, I have to bend to the will of the consumers.

It sucks, but hey. It's business.

Oh yeah, I can't find buyers for my kickass full-melt either. It smells like freaking Skittles and the color is a tad lighter than peanut butter. HOW DOES NO ONE WANT THIS?! I can't even unload it on the street to friends/acquaintances/friends-of-friends/etc. People are crazy. Wait no, correction: people are stupid. Can't recognize quality and purity when they see or smell it.

robbiedublu

Just like beer. Why the f do people buy crap like bud, miller, coors, etc when there are so many better choices out there? Advertising and hype is part of it I guess.

W

whiterasta

A recent trip to central cali went extremely well as I presented my own work, Tiger Bomb. Of course it will be hyped out the ass as the "new thing" and I am NOT releasing clones so it stays that way for a while.
I got 34 for this when the top was going for 32. Very nice as folks in Oregon are sitting on double digit weight right now.
here is a pic or two of my girl.

Looks like a nanner but is a little end leaf that is torn loose and turned yellow
picture.php

here is a lower mid after drying
picture.php

Strong skunky grapefruit aroma and a take no prisoner cannabinoid profile that works medically due to attention to preserving CBD in breeding.
The next big thing IMO is large scale commercial and boutique strains developed by the advanced grower breeder much like wines.
I said when CW was still around this day would come, when the seed breeders will have bred till all ganja is taco bell. It is time for growers to pick up the ball and do some research into genetics and do their own breeding and create their own varietals that cannot be bought just anywhere.
Be the scarce shit everyone wants and be succesful
WR:tiphat: