What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

strange orange bug on my plants

first off,no pics yet.I'm not at the site.these little bugs have a orange body and six black legs and black antenna's.some time's i see them in groups chillin.but most of the time they are by their selfs.any info on them is much appreciated.:joint:

G

good drown

sounds a little like what we called "chiggars" in the south. they are tiny, like pin head sized, and they are all over trees that have moss. i have no idea the name, but if they got on people they usually went to the warmest spot, and on guys its the groin

Yeah,i know about them.I'm in the south too.but i guess i should have given a around about size.there about the size of a #2 pencil's eraser.they actual look kind of cool.sorta like little security guards.just hanging out.i haven't noticed any thing wrong with my plants.my leafs don't have any signs of being eaten or any thing.anyway,thank you for your input.

G

good drown

do they have black spots? if so you mean lady bugs? do they look like lady bugs?

G

good drown

interesting, i wish i could help. next time you go snag a pic. look at your leaves and buds and see if they are eating anything. they may just love the taste of spider mites, or white flies, and thus will be your best friends!

Q

quest

This year, I got a booklet from a nursery that showed what a lot of predators (good bugs) looked like. Then I took a magnifying glass and looked at my plants. There was no need for any type of pesticide. I identified several good bugs on my plants and let nature take its course. I never saw one of them ( in your picture) in the book, or anywhere else for that matter.

G

good drown

loks kinda like a stink bug, but skinnier and more orange than brown

it is a very young instar of an assassin bug. They are predatory

this is what they look like at a little older....

http://www.dpughphoto.com/images/wheel bug nymph late instar mason farm 62509.JPG

Did you have these pants outside at all??

No i didn't. I keep these in a grow box inside but i had a fresh air intake with no pre filter on it at the time.so i think that's how they got in there.but who knows..
i did notice in the pic of the insect you posted had eight legs.these little guy's have six..I've been searching and have found nothing.so im stumped.
thanks for the help man.

Q

quest

I am only counting six legs on the assassin. What you smoking? I need to get some lol

Bugs will get in, whether hiding in your hair, clothes, a water jug...or whatever

H

headfortrinity

I am only counting six legs on the assassin. What you smoking? I need to get some lol

Bugs will get in, whether hiding in your hair, clothes, a water jug...or whatever

That's what I was thinking. :joint: :abduct:

That bug looks very cool, I want one for a pet. Maybe I'll fight it with my mantis

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's what I was thinking. :joint: :abduct:

That bug looks very cool, I want one for a pet. Maybe I'll fight it with my mantis

does that mantis stick around in your grow, or whats the deal with that guy? anytime i let ladybugs loose in my shit, they end up dying somehow