What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has today's Jack Herer strayed from the legend?

Q

qanabose

Is there anyone around who has any idea of how today's Jack Herer is stacking up? Just about everyone knows of the legend but I hear that Sensi quality has been comprimised somewhat lately.

Didn't Jack appear around the early to mid 90's and in all that time is it still sticking with the legend or has it strayed away from it?

QB

whodair

Veteran
the legendary strains have drifted from their original offerings back in the day. once a strain spends some time in a dutch breeding program it seems to get sweeter and more mild over time.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a good question as ive had my jack herer cutting for over 10 years and ive never tried any new jack's only the cutting ive got and another cutting i can get my hands on both are top of the line elites 2 me but checkout hazeseekers thread on jack herer they are recently popped seeds...

H

Hazeseeker

I've found a killer pheno in Jack Herer i'm growing just now
(and i've got it backed up as a cutting:woohoo:),
you should see the amount of resin on the leaves of this girl
and it's not even half way through flowering yet:jawdrop:,
this 1 will definately be getting passed around a few mates,
i'll post up a few pics real soon

peace

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've found a killer pheno in Jack Herer i'm growing just now
(and i've got it backed up as a cutting:woohoo:),
you should see the amount of resin on the leaves of this girl
and it's not even half way through flowering yet:jawdrop:,
this 1 will definately be getting passed around a few mates,
i'll post up a few pics real soon

peace
Good to know...I was gonna get another pack after my recent accident:badday:
I have had my JH and JHxBB cuts from a trip to amsterdam in 99 when I bought the pack of JH at Sensi shop. Crossed her with some Bubbleberry I got the same time from Sagarmantha. Lost both cuts from some kinds fungus that killed 6 of my mothers 2 years ago. Now I know There is still hope on finding that lucky girl again!!! Ill just get like 3 packs to make sure...lol
good vibes

H

Hazeseeker

sorry to hear about you losing those cut bro:badday:, the other 4 pheno's are looking great as well it's just that 1 pheno (#3) is standing out a mile, looks like a hashplant due to the resin count, seriously impressed with this girl,
the Jack Herer line seems alot more reliable than their NL#5xHaze line:yes:, from what i can tell at this stage the Jack Herer hasn't changed at all, smeling as good as they did since as far back as early 2000's:joint:

peace

superjoint

the jack cutting i have is an old one thats been around for long time, side by side with the rosetta stone you can tell they are related, but took a new path somewhere along the way.. head spinning jack herrer from an old buddy.. tastes like grape kool aid of course everything does these days, but it really do

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I used Sensi seeds so did Hazeseeker. I got 2 girls out of 5 beans both where Haze phenos but one was mutated and did not make it. If you have not seen the Pheno I got take a look in my Album Pure Haze pheno she will be a 120-150 day. She is starting to fill in but she has a long way to go.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
So whada ya reckon the chances are of finding a pheno that finishes around 60-70 days. I love a good haze high, but I don't have the room right now for somethin that takes so long to flower. It would be nice ta find one that had a haze influence on the high but a quicker finish. Jus wondering how many I'd have ta grow ta find one? BC

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Swampy or Haze might have some of those. I think most are going to be 90 day. Here is my 150 day she is on 63 days here.

picture.php

Sleestak

jack is very good, very underrated smoke IMO. not 'legendary' though. The poor man's SSH :wink: Unless ya find a great pheno, then it's not poor man's anything.

Anyone know if the killer jackflash cut from OG is still floating around? that was close to legendary smoke.

edit: Hammerhead,, LOVE that plant! LOVE me some 150 day smoke! good man to keep her around, most people who grow jack are looking for a quick sativa.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I figure these don't come around very often and most cull them because they take to long. I'M going to grow her out to see if I get what I think I will get a pure or dam near Haze Pheno. I have never had the pleasure of smoke that takes 120-150 days. All the info I can find says these Phenos are prized and will grow Resin on the stock itself. I want to see that. She is a beautiful lady that's for sure

H

Hazeseeker

sweet haze.........how she smell?...hazy?congrat's on the back up

Hi Money,
smells real similar to my NCH - sour pineapple/tropical fruit, seems like it'll be a quick finisher, stocky structure, wide leafed, tight nodal spacing, doesn't stretch much at all, looks like an overall fast + practical pheno with crazy resin + amazing smell,
yeah man this is the first time i've backed any pheno's up in cuttings:yes:,
in past grows i've found 2 or 3 really special pheno's but didn't have them backed up, i learned my lesson now - take cuttings of all females incase those winners show up:joint:

peace

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More with better bud structure shots. Theres a bud every 1/2". Whats interesting is the leaf's are only 3 blade on 90% of the plant. The rest are 4 and 5 blade

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts