What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nectar for the gods or dragonfly earth medicine?

BubbaBear

I say there both over priced and over complicated especially Nectar of the Gods they have like 16 bottles of nutrient, there trying to be the organic AN, buy a high quality amendment or do it yourself and just add water and the occasional tea and you can forget all them bottles. I like KIS organics nutrient pack you add it to any soil and it has all the nutrition you need for six months of robust growth.

BubbaBear

http://www.simplici-tea.com/simplici-tea-wp/products/nutrient-pack/

Ingredients: KIS Microbe Catalyst, Gaia Green Canadian Glacial Rock Dust, Calphos Soft Rock Phosphate, Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell Powder, Gypsum, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Organic Fish Bone Meal, Crustacean Meal, Kelp Meal, Organic Neem Cake/Karanja Cake, Organic Fish Meal, Feather Meal, Steamed Bone Meal, Natural Calcite, Mycorrhiza*, and Benefical Microbes.

Im primarily a hydro guy but did a outdoor run with this stuff last summer and it worked great, its soooo fucking easy it was amazing. Ive been wanting to try it indoors but haven't got around to it. Its guano free and has a lot of the cleaner organic inputs that I like.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Thanks Bubba. This stuff sounds nice as depot fert for OD organics (except for the neem, but that's a different story). I like the no guano thing too! No fan of it at all and it sucks big times indoors... stinks worse than the weed itself.
Any idea what that 'KIS microbe catalyst' might be?

Sorry that I didn't say so earlier but I was actually asking OP. He/she should do some work too and I'm not going to waste time searching for the two product labels. ;)

BubbaBear

The microbe catalyst is comprised of alfalfa meal, feather meal, potassium sulfate, steamed bone meal, fish bone meal, natural calcite, humic acids, and kelp.

No problem, how come you don't like neem?

Last edited:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
I quote myself:
Neem on the other hand lacks longterm studies and a lot of other evaluations, half the EFSA file is 'data not available', 'data gap', 'no study available', 'no reliable study submitted' and so on... Additionally, many neem products are not well defined and at best standardised for azadirachtin A but not the other roughly 300 constituents therein. Apart from azadirachtin B, nearly non of these compounds has ever been studied!
If you look at neem oil products for domestic animals: Most are not standardised and (fortunately) are often manufactured in a way that they do not contain noteworthy amounts of azadirachtin derivatives (hence no toxicity but also no effect).
As neem oil is one of India's main natural resource, a heavy financial boost to the ecomomy, and makes them independent of big agrochemical corporations they do obscure negative effects on their population. You should have seen the documentary about that village where nearly all children were sick, deformed, retarded etc... reminded me of the good old days of DDT. Besides that, I have a colleague who's heavily involved in third world aid organisations who confirmed this sad 'story'.
I did my master thesis on anti-cancer drugs (paclitaxel, epothilones etc.) wherein we examined their effect on gene transcription in human cell lines using PCR. I also tested azadirachtin A. IIRC it does not show a higher acute toxicity than the others but heavily messes with gene transcription. Only based on these data I would rather get a chemotherapy than taking neem oil!
So, go on using something that you don't know rather than something you do know and hence can use appropriately. Your choice .
Hence, adding an insecticide/fungicide preventively is for me a no-no, especially one like neem where you often don't really know what's inside and if or if not. Neem cake is a byproduct and I doubt that anyone is determining what's inside; one time you get the killer stuff, the other time it's just some plant fibres...

Bongstar420

Its a scam designed to put profits into the hands of those who don't work.

I quote myself:

Hence, adding an insecticide/fungicide preventively is for me a no-no, especially one like neem where you often don't really know what's inside and if or if not. Neem cake is a byproduct and I doubt that anyone is determining what's inside; one time you get the killer stuff, the other time it's just some plant fibres...

olekingkole

I've used DEM Lush Roots for a couple years and have found it helpful for transplanting (in Roots Lite soil and Smart Pots). Your best bet would be to just try 4 oz. and see if you like it. Brew it up for 24 hours with molasses, then soak the plant to be transplanted with the tea thoroughly before removing it from the pot. Then transplant to the new container, using the rest of the tea to water it in.

LEPgrow

Don't know bout you all, but best tasting flowers comes from nftg and full spectrum lights. Seen it in few Grows best nutes there is. Nftg is unique.. if you ain't ran it you ain't got a clue. $ yes.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't know bout you all, but best tasting flowers comes from nftg and full spectrum lights. Seen it in few Grows best nutes there is. Nftg is unique.. if you ain't ran it you ain't got a clue. $ yes.

sounds like you already have your mind made up

Levitationofme

I am a user of NFTG.
You only need their 4 basic products to grow nice weed indeed. Many of the additional bottles can be useful if needed. The PH up and down are good additions. If you have liquid seaweed you dont need theirs. Make your own guano tea
Or buy theirs. Not all products play nice with calcium based nutes. Mammoth p, photosynthesis plus work well as added biological.

Their chitin product is good.

Like all good quality nutrients, it works great.
All a matter of who's line of BS you want to believe.

The farmer using them properly more important
Part of equation

Latest posts

Latest posts