What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No way this works? "Toms tumble trimmer"

W

wegobigupnorth

http://www.tomstumbletrimmer.com/

this looks like a joke...How the hell does it trim the bud?? It just tumbles it over each other there are no blades or anything!!??

ONE TO THREE POUNDS OF DRIED PRODUCT IN LESS THEN 15 MINUTES! really?

Last edited:
Tumble trimmers still require touch up work. I own a trimpal, better machine but still am paying trimmers 120 a p to touch up and 200 for the smalls. Weed can be bucked down, machined, and stored for months before hitting the market.

tomstumbletrimm

www.tomstumbletrimmer.com

www.tomstumbletrimmer.com

Regarding the negative comments about Tomstumbletrimmer, I invented this product and it works incredible. The mesh material and the tumbling action is what manicures the product without hurting the crystals. Its not fair someone would post this type of negative post unless they have a competitive product and is trying to hurt the competition. I will guarantee this product works great and I could put anyone in touch with many of my satisfied customers so they can talk to people who actually has tried it.

Sincerely,

Tom

JointOperation

not ness.. you cant say that it doesn't hurt the crystals.. because in reality.. just touching a bud too much takes off lots.. so tumbling around.. will also do the same..

it will work.. but it will still cause damage and will not trim enough to not have to touch up..

not saying you don't have a great product.. just saying.. a lot of people want PROFESSIONALLY HAND TRIMMED RESULTS.. from a machine.. and until its made.. no1 will REALLY BE HAPPY LOL...

its great for commercial operations.. but for the hand trimmers.. no1 wants beat up buds.

Snype

Veteran
Compared to trimmers with metal blades, Tomstumbletrimmer does minimal damage to crystals!

Does it dry trim or wet trim. I've seen product from these style of tumble trimmers. Lots of trichs are going to get lost if the product has to be done dry. Still looks ok but that's not really the point for quality.

If it's done wet it'll protect more trichs form falling off but your product will be mixing in all that chlorophylly liquid coming out of the wet leaves when they are getting mashed or cut which will help hurt your flavors compared to hand manicured buds. And no I don't own a trimming company.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
http://www.tomstumbletrimmer.com/

this looks like a joke...How the hell does it trim the bud?? It just tumbles it over each other there are no blades or anything!!??

This guy seems like a fucking scammer. He needs to be outed if this is the case although I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to order it and if they are they maybe deserve it...

ONE TO THREE POUNDS OF DRIED PRODUCT IN LESS THEN 15 MINUTES! LOL!

I don't see how he is a "scammer" nor needs to be outed for anything. If ya don't like it don't buy it.

Was coming in here thinking you bought it an it wasn't working for you. Nope, ya just bashing someones work. :tiphat:

Snype

Veteran
I don't see how he is a "scammer" nor needs to be outed for anything. If ya don't like it don't buy it.

Was coming in here thinking you bought it an it wasn't working for you. Nope, ya just bashing someones work. :tiphat:

The reason why he can be considered a scammer is about his claim of not damaging trichomes. Anyone with experience knows this is a false claim with tumbled dry bud. I can assure you that plenty of trichomes are falling off by the tumbling action. No matter how slow you go. There are many types of tumbler trimmers with no blades. It's all the same concept. Also even in the video that the company provides, the end product looks more outdoorish compared to hand trimmed. Plenty of people will buy them for mass quantity or lazy people who don't want to trim and want to sacrifice quality.

my experience with dry trim machines have not been great, the dry bud on metal blades just kief the bud so good that when I look at my trim I felt guilty.. I went back to hand trim.

tomstumbletrimm

tomstumbletrimmer

tomstumbletrimmer

This is the owner of Tomstumbletrimmer.com and to be clear to everyone, my dry trimmer compared to all the other trimmers with metal blades is minimally hurtful to the crystals, but of course the crystals will affected a little.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
This is the owner of Tomstumbletrimmer.com and to be clear to everyone, my dry trimmer compared to all the other trimmers with metal blades is minimally hurtful to the crystals, but of course the crystals will affected a little.
Gotta give cred when cred due ^^^ No claim of perfection.

JointOperation

no I think this will work decent.. but I wouldn't use it as I like my shit hand trimmed..

this could be agreat for someone doing large outdoor runs.

even for just outdoors.. cause honestly. outdoors fetches less then indoors .. so maybe automating a step could help the grower..

W

wegobigupnorth

Sorry guys I changed my post. It was unfair of me but in my defense I didn't say he was a scammer and the product did not work I just said that is what I believed.

Why would you come in here thinking I bought something that does not work when the title is "no way this works?" would I not title it "what a P.O.S. if I KNEW it did not work as opposed to asking? I had never seen a "dry tumble trimmer" and this just seemed way to unreal for me...Now I know how it works...

tomstumbletrimm

tomstumbletrimmer

tomstumbletrimmer

Thanks for reconsidering your negative post. I understand many people prefer to hand trim, and that it is the ideal way of trimming. That being said, Tomstumbletrimmer is a great alternative for many people who aren't perfectionists. As I said it is much less abrasive to product and crystals than the machines with metal blades. Even the automated metal blade machines have their place for people with high volumes and need to save labor costs. There is room for everybody innovative in a new and growing legal and medicinal market with products that work. Much luck to everybody.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
As rudimentary as this thing is, it does look like it'd be a better option then the green machine and other high dollar dry trimmers with metal slots/grates.

This sort of touches on what we've been discussing in the wet vs dry trim thread. Honestly, I'd rather just leave the bit of frosted tips on the plant, but lots of customers want that tight "club cut" because the masses want those dense little "kush" balls. Unfortunately, very few want to pay for this meticulous task.

I gotta say, this device looks like it gives the end customers what they want. Slightly tumbled/kiefed buds that have had their outer shell broken off. I wouldn't put my own personal smoke through it because I can just as easily break off those bits of leaf as I prepare to consume it..

A question for Tom,
How much experimentation have you done with this? Obviously it's going to be pretty strain dependent, and environmental factors will play a huge roll in it.

I'm picturing de-stalked buds in a gamma lid with a Boveda back.. this will hopefully maintain enough moisture content to keep the buds a big spongy. A few moment having been brought out of the buckets.. perhaps with a fan on them would hopefully brittle up the remaining leaf bits, while hopefully not drying the buds to the point where they'd be beat and busted up too much.

In the right conditions it could work really well.

I also could see it just sort of breaking everything down and essentially ruining the product if the material is too dry and larger buds start getting broken down into tumbled pebbles.

I like what you've got here Tom, and think that it's a great little idea. Everyone is going to hate on it because of the natures of the product, but eh, if the market isn't going to pay $28-3k+, then why offer them that sort of hand trimmed perfection. There is needs to be a shift in consumer thinking.. I could spend the rest of my life whittling through little buds to ensure they are trimmed perfectly.. or I we could change the way bud is sold and pass that extra THC on to the next person to do whatever they prefer (extra weight and price reflected of course).

... or we use mechanical separation which I believe we'll see a whole lot more of in the coming year. Mega ops are going to perfect the dry mechanical separation. I guarantee it. Hand trimmed flowers will be a smaller niche of those who want the best and are willing to pay for it. The aroma matters more then anything, and the general populace wants cheaper prices.

I certainly think this is a better option then fresh trimmers that abuse the buds, roll them in leaf juice, and ultimately ends up resulting in a too quick of dry for superior aroma. I'm sure even tumbled flowers will come out superior then these methods.

$350 is going to be hard to swallow for many considering the look of this thing. It's apparent this could be made very easily for a lot lot cheaper, but hey.. profit's not a dirty word and there is nothing wrong with trying to make a buck for those who don't want the hassle of figuring it all out themselves.

Best of luck to ya Tom. You should throw out a coupon code for some ICmaggers; you might be surprised the traffic influx. (this all may be against TOS so disregard if so), but I for one appreciate you popping in here and keeping it cordial.

blastfrompast

Veteran
Tom:
Would you be willing to do side by side pics of hand trimmed vs rough trim then tumble....

Closer pics perhaps?

and does it only work for buds that look like what your tumbled?

DemonTrich

Veteran
looks like cheap pcv tubing glued together, and some netting material that's used in laundry washing bags (white hole material). and the beginning product looks HORRIBLE (needs more light and better genetics imo). the finished trim doesn't look that much better either.

sorry, just my opinion.

ill stick with my 19" spin pro knock off. I can do about 3lbs (this is a finished/cured weight, not wet beginning weight) in 12 hrs (move plants, chop, snip all big fans, run thru machine, put in dry nets, put all trimming in zip lock baggies, snip down all plants stems/stalks, and sweep up. +2.5hrs for washing pots/saucers/stakes/plant markers, and cleaning trimmer with 91% iso. and this is all by MYSELF. NO final trimming needed with my trimmer or the way I do it.

pics of 3 strains ran thru my trimmer at 17 rotations using the wire wisp blades

gorilla glue #4
strawberry cream (kyle kushman RIP)
og ghost

Attachments

• 2014201420142014.jpg
    2014201420142014.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 201420142014.jpg
    201420142014.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20142014.jpg
    20142014.jpg