What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Perpetual auto flower micro grow!

Well highlo fellow growers! I have recently ordered some auto flowers and decided I wanna fire up my small grow closet again!

Here's what I'm working with.

Purple Ryder and LR2 from green path autos.
28 sun blaze t5 (192 watts)
Sunshine organic soil
Gonna be running advanced nutes

I plan on runnin 4 new seeds every 2 weeks, these are regular seeds not fems so i will be pulling males here and there.

I'm starting them out in very small pots not even sure the size maybe .5L? I want them to be very root bound by day 15 when I'm transplanting them into tall 2 gallons.

Gonna be running 18/6 from start to finish with a mix spectrum of 3400/6700 t5 bulbs.

My closet space is 28x36 with 3' of height which is why choce some known short autos.

I'm open to suggestions and comments :) I'm germinating in the soil so not much to look at right now but will prob do daily updates once the show gets rolling :)

P.s: how close should I be keeping the lights at this stage? Never used t5 at seedling stage.

1eqd76.jpg

If you can keep the air moving between the plantsee and the light then go ahead and drop that light down 3 to 6 inches from the plants. I keep mine around 3 from seedling to flip

If you can keep the air moving between the plantsee and the light then go ahead and drop that light down 3 to 6 inches from the plants. I keep mine around 3 from seedling to flip

Ya I have not installed a fan in there yet ( tomorrow probably )

And only have (4) out of 8 bulbs going right now. Never germinated in soil so kind of un charted territory don't wanna stress them to much lol

3-6" even before they pop out of soil? And do you think the humidity bags on top will interfere with oxygen intake ?

So I'll be doing updates every couple days now! Now that they have showed themselves:) the show begins!

Going 100% organic, nectar of the gods line.

118egd3.jpg

Dion

sorry to hear it

i actually love soil when i dont do aquaponics

perhaps look into a blumat dripper system if watering is an issue but honestly bro if you lost track of soil hydro seems like trouble

sorry to hear it

i actually love soil when i dont do aquaponics

perhaps look into a blumat dripper system if watering is an issue but honestly bro if you lost track of soil hydro seems like trouble

Hydro is very easy ( to me ) its what I started with though. I can go away for 5-7 days and have faith my plants will be okay in my DWC. But to each there own right?

Dion

ok then i agree i also find hydro easier than soil but i thought u were a total noob so yeah cool DWC is good

looking forward to it

ok then i agree i also find hydro easier than soil but i thought u were a total noob so yeah cool DWC is good

looking forward to it

Noob to autos haha.

But I'm setting up a dwc set up right now with 1 gallon buckets. Not sure how many I can fit and still have room for other plants so the numbers are still to be determined haha but it's getting there :)

You think 1 gallon b enough for a low Ryder 2 or a purp ryder?

Dion

Noob to autos haha.

But I'm setting up a dwc set up right now with 1 gallon buckets. Not sure how many I can fit and still have room for other plants so the numbers are still to be determined haha but it's getting there :)

You think 1 gallon b enough for a low Ryder 2 or a purp ryder?

r you connecting all these buckets? wont that water get too hot too quick in such small amounts?

cant say for the strain never grown it but should be totes fine in hydro if things get root bound just root trim

I thought about RDWC, there regular autos, so pulling males needs to be easy while not stressing the other plants out.

So im not sure if totes will be ideal.

true didnt think of that

soil? lol

I thought about connecting pvc to bottom of net pots, make a tube...with the round air stones right under it.

Use a tote and space them out. Would contain the roots long enough to sex them and pull males without roots being tangled....what ya think?? Yay or nay lol

Dion

not sure what you mean r you talking about RDWC with an external tote?

whatever u do it will work sounds like u know what u r doin

not sure what you mean r you talking about RDWC with an external tote?

whatever u do it will work sounds like u know what u r doin

Nope DWC

1 tote

12 net pots set inside 8" long piece of pvc.

Drill the holes in the top of the tub and put the pvc down through into the water situated above th air stone. That way the roots still get submerged there just forced to stay in the pvc. Until I can sex them and pull the males.

So the roots won't entangle :) if that makes sense lol

Dion

Ah ok but anywhere water passes roots will too

Probably easier to just do a big solid bed with an auto dripper