What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HO Scale Slot Cars-Anyone Into Them?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would say other sizes but there doesn't seem to be any tracks nearby and if I were to have my dream track built it would need it's own building, hence my interests in HO scale.

Anyone have track at home? Into Drag racing?

Lot of fun, lots of changes since I put my controllers down back in, er 1970
noway.gif

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Hah, I was just talking to an old friend about the Aurora set up
I had back in '68-'69. I still have some parts and cars, I'll post
pics.

Unsure if I want to get into it again, but you never know, lol.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well they sure have come a long way it would appear

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bought a little track. Check this cool HO car out

$_1.JPG

Some of these HO's feel similar to the old 1/24's from the late 60's !
yay2.gif

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just won this one

ic
why won't yhey appear?They're jpegs

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a couple of Riggen brass chassis cars ( the white one is a tyco made in hong kong with a brass chassis and no it doesn't compare with the Riggens or Landsharks which I'll posit pics of when I get them, and the Riggens and Sharks are several decades old and just restored to racing form.They are super quiet, fast and without the magnets of todays cars, drive very much like the old 1/24 scale cars of the 60's. Very neat cars that are not made anymore but there's a guy in Fla that is heir apparent of sorts:

ic

003.gif

for some reason a 2nd image won't appear in the same post, help!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Wow. I haven't thought about slot cars since I was a kid. Brings back fond memories. Anyone have any videos of badass tracks they want to post here?

Raziel819

it does bring back some fond memories, those are some awesome looking cars you got going there. To bad I didn't think about putting mag's on them back then, I may have won more races with that tweek

Stay Frosty My Friends
Raziel819

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This track will be delivered tomorrow.It's a temporary track till my favorite design is built which will be hopefuly done by next Christmas.

Till then this one's footprint is 5 1/2 X 16 feet

3.gif

10.gif

20.gif

1.gif

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not finished yet but it's in the garage and I've already had a few races on it in the past few days since I got it on Friday. Remember this one is ton hold me over while I have the super-doper-all-custom track with several banked turns built which I'm told will be about a year+ for it to be done. So this one in the meantime, I have to add guardrails, advertising signs, lighting for night racing and a track system which is all already purchased, just needs to be hooked up and also some mods done to the tracks. What fun!
Then someone will be getting an extremely good deal when I sell it after I get the new one installed:)

14 X 16

ic

ic

Why won't the jpegs appear? I have to change everything to gifs?

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
reliving your youth??? man I loved them cars at night racing round....when I was a kid...I cant imagine how much they prob have evolved...can you stiff fly off the track cause that's important..we all like the crashes....lol

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
reliving your youth??? man I loved them cars at night racing round....when I was a kid...I cant imagine how much they prob have evolved...can you still fly off the track cause that's important..we all like the crashes....lol

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here she is after the enlargement. The track is now 4 X 16 ft

cartrack_2.gif