Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Hamstrings Critical Sour Test Grow

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Hamstrings Critical Sour Test Grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2018, 12:20 AM #1
hamstring

hamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nice
Hamstrings Critical Sour Test Grow

Hello all

For some reason, which to be honest still escapes me, the brothers over at female seeds asked me to test grow some Critical Sour.
I said yes so he we are. I normally only contribute to the outdoor forum. If a more tech savvy individual knows how I would like to link this thread over there too .

Please hang in there we will get to the critical sour but nothing in the guerrilla life comes easy. You have to work for it.
hamstring is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:24 AM #2
hamstring

hamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nice
This will be my last guerrilla grow I am hanging up my camo gear after more than 25 yrs. I’m in my 50’s and took on a new job that requires a lot of travel so I’m out of the bush for ever probably.

I owe everything to the giants I met at OG and then here at IC Mag. I have learned so much from the masters like Julian, Two Heads and Silverback . I have learned just as much from the new growers I meet here every outdoor season.

I will run this thread the only way I know how as a tribute to all the guerrilla growers that have walked a mile in my moccasins. Camo boots actually but who’s counting.

Lets start with a few pics from last year to keep your attention . You always hear peeps call them trees and I guess thats true. I was so pleased to see that a bird had enough faith in ole hamstrings weed patch to build a nest. These were some large plants close to 10ft tall. Silver back loved to grow trees I think he would appreciate these pics.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:29 AM #3
hamstring

I would be remiss if I didn’t show off a swamp grow I had going in the same season because my brother Two Heads taught me how to pull this off.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:32 AM #4
hamstring

Lets start this season from the beginning. When the brothers at Female Seeds reached out to me I started my search for a grow location just like I do every season. Lots of Google earth a set of binos and a shit load of windshield time.

My search starts and ends the same every year looking for a good entrance and exit strategy. I dont care how good the actual grow location is I need to be able to get in and out safely. Remember wether you are a swamp grower, clone grower or start using seeds you have to carry in your gear. Once in the bush its all good the hard part is getting you and your gear in and out of the bush.

I start everything in the bush from seed. I soak my seeds 12-24hrs in a wet paper towel and then hike them into the bush. I use this same cold frame design that I have been using for years. It consists of a black storage tote and a home made cover. The cover is built out of 1x2 cedar and a green house panel for the top. The sides are just a mix of black window screen and recycled plastic cover.

I chose the black window screen and recycled plastic for the same reason they don’t reflect light as much as the other types of material. The plastic keeps the rain out and the screen keeps the critters out. As any guerrilla knows security is job one. So keeping light reflectance down is good thing.

As you can see in one of the pictures I keep the top ventilated well. I don’t want to heat stress the small seedlings. Depending on your enviroment you can just cut some holes in the plastic at the top to aid in ventilation. I do that after the seeds have sprouted.

The black tote helps heat up the soil to aid in germination of the seeds. As mentioned earlier I only soak my seeds a max of 24hrs. I have tried 48 hrs but had worse germination results. The seeds are going from a 72 deg house into cold wet soil in the bush. They don’t warm up until a few sunny days.

If you already have a tail sticking out of the seed and then the weather cools off, as it does in the spring, I think it shocks them and you get poor germ rates. No science here just anecdotal evidence.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:37 AM #5
hamstring

We had a very cold spring here in the midwest broke or tied a bunch of records for low temps.

Notice in the background one of my many packs. This is a kelty that comes with the fold down shelf. I used this to pack in the cold frame and the soil used in it. Every guerrilla should have a number of packs. This is my beginning of the season and harvest pack.

It takes a 35 min drive a 5 mile bike ride and 45 minute hike to get into this site and even an old salty dude like myself can bring 50lbs comfortably in with this pack.

Here is the aforementioned cold frame lets pull the cover off and take a look inside. Before we do that let me mention I always find a way to put a anti-tamper mechanism on my cold frame. The way I see it if someone finds this in the bush they are going to open it to look inside. I use this anti-tamper as a way for me to know my site has been compromised.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:47 AM #6
hamstring

As you can still see the cotyledons are still present. These were all started 19 days ago. They will grow fast in another 7 days or so they will be 12 inches tall.

Normally I use 20 ounce cups but I wanted to get more cups in this smaller cold frame so I used 16 once water bottles with the tops cut off. I always cut holes in the bottom of the cups to let the roots get to moisture. There is another 8 inches soil under each bottle. You can even put a couple inches of water at the bottom if you like.

I dont do that. Even though we had a weeks worth of 80 + degree weather with the bottle pulled out of the tote you can see the soil on top is dry but underneath is still moist after 19 days.

Please notice that I took a lot of care and time to push soil in to every crevice between each bottle. It is very important to have good soil contact so each bottle sees the same temp. You want the the whole tote to be a heat sink . You also dont want any air voids because the soil will dry out quicker.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:51 AM #7
hamstring

I know i know "wheres the damn Critical Sour"!!

Its coming but it takes an old hillbilly like me a while to get there.

Well the good ole boys at Female seeds would break my legs if I didn’t show you some Critical Sour. Lets start by saying if the harvest time does turn out to be first week of September this is a true guerrilla strain. I think I received 10 seeds and they were huge seeds the biggest of the five strains in this cold frame. If you look at the 4 bottles closest to front you can count ten seedlings in these 4 bottles.

Thats a 100% germ rate and in the bush. Nice job Female Seeds!!!

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:52 AM #8
hamstring

We can talk hole prep and guerrilla gear in the next update.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:55 AM #9
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
cool, gonna tag along with this, love guerrilla grows
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 05-29-2018, 01:44 AM #10
hamstring

gaiumarius

Thanks, nice to have a brother thats been around here awhile tagging along.