What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bomb seeds now releasing a glue cross...

YetiOG

Theres a add shown right now on the new roll on attitude. Its gg4 x thc bomb

Anything to make money i guess. Kind of sad to see such a crappy thing like thc bomb thrown on gg4.
I thought big Buddhas glue cross was the saddest, but this ties it in my opinion.

I was gifted a couple packs of bomb seeds a few years back, they should be called bunk x seeds they suck.

Their add seems like they are pretty proud of riding the coattails of others.

black flag

Gg#4 is wide spread in Europe and other european brands are going to release gg crosses soon.
I think Dutch Passion also released a gg cross.

YetiOG

Gg#4 is wide spread in Europe and other european brands are going to release gg crosses soon.
I think Dutch Passion also released a gg cross.

It dosent make it cool. Its actually pretty lame. Its like taking something really nice and smearing shit on it.
Dutch passion are the masters of cheap and worthless seeds i wont even look at, anything in their breeding inventory is just going to ruin gg4.

Is it cool when you go buy something, walk away from where you got it and realize you bought a fake product, you have been duped? I wouldnt ve impressed. I hope no one buys it and supporrs it but in reality people will. Countless people dont give a shit im sure tons will just call it gg4.

In true euro seed style everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon and offer their version of whats popular. Just wait im sure greenhouse is cooking up some bs too. I used to run their seeds but wont pay money for zero service and seeds that slowly decline in quality over the years.

Not sure id say its widespread in europe. Its there but i have seen countless members asking when it will come to europe. Deffinitly not what id consider widespread. Its here in canada in the hands of growers in several provinces, i wouldnt consider it widespread here just cause people have it.

Anyway, just because people are tossing shit on top of shit, dosent make it cool. I dont care if every euro outfit makes a garbage gg4 cross, i wont be any more impressed than i was when i first saw big buddhas shit. I wont buy it or support it, especially when i read JW is planning on dropping beans, members like chunky and tony g here do wicked gg4 works, i cant see a single reason to even try the euro gg4 shit. Whats the appeal in gg4 x widow or cheese or bb òr any other dutch or spannish shit. Cheese maybe because its a good breeder and a neat plant, but big buddha didnt reverse cheese to gg4 he slammed some poly shit on gg4 and made some ugly monstrosity.

Theres nothing new or creative coming out of 90% of the euro banks. Its all crosses of old shit to old shit or old shot to something newer. Not many are even doing good work anymore in europe, its really disappointing because i used to grow a ton of Europeans seed but they have fallen out of favor for the north american stuff because the NA breeders offer better product, service, cooler newer and more unique genetics, breedings worth looking at not regashing of 20 year old shit thrown on top of anything they can.

I bet the ditch passion shit will be the worst. Usually theirs is. In all their time being open i think theres only 1 thing of theirs reputed to be good, its now called brainstorm but used to be hempstar. I have grown their BB. Not great. I know they got their genetics fro mdj for that, tell me how their bb came out so bad... Hempstar has some excellent phenos but no doubt dutch passion would not choose their only good variety to cross to gg4, in their usual style theu are going to ruin what they work with.

I have a bunch of glue crosses, but from people who are involved in the glue scene, people who care about their work with it. Ive got gorilla bubble from tony g, elmers glue from relentless and gorillabreath from chunkypigs. Those guys show the community alot of love, go buy yoir gg4 crosses from someone who cares, they will be better quality and made with so much more love. To top it all of you will get a cross worth having.

I just went and looked at the ditch passion release coming out. Glue x og x blueberry. Fuckin gross. A glue og would be cool no ones selling that yet, but why take it a step farther and ruin it with their disgusting blueberry.
Doubtless it will be like fastbuds weak ass gg4 fake. No one showed a single picture of it looking like glue...

Thabk you black flag for bringing the ditch passion shit to my attention, i needed something to laugh at this morning. I sure feel bad for JW. Seeing his gift to the community being used and abused for money by a bunch of degenerates. I only give nice cuts to friends and request they dont spread them. I dont care about the community at large because the community dosent treat the plant right. Its not about money or anything else stupid, its about a plant we love. If i could give my favorites to everyone who deserves it i would but i womt pass stuff i find i like around becausw i know people who wont deserve it will end up with something they dont deserve

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Considering the fact that every single Glue crossed plant I grew this last year was frostier than my past few grows & as frosty or frostier than GG#4, I'd say that breeders are smart for using such a wide spread cultivar as a mother/rev-father. At least then they're adding something to their work rather than taking away from it.

I highly doubt anybody from Europe is attempting to recreate Gorilla Glue #4 or even a Gorilla Glue line. It's simply not going to happen because the trends are ever changing & those breeders are simply following the trend lines to make a buck. They no longer have the desire to create anything new because they've pretty much got their income guaranteed with all the new uninformed growers entering the scene on a daily basis.

GG#4 is available to almost anybody that has the patience to seek it out.

HOVA

Veteran
I dont think jose cares if people out crossed the gg4 because its an accidental cross
There wasnt any breeding work to make gg4
Now! The work thereafter of redefining the cross is where the problem lays when the work was put in. but its now passed that since the gg4 has been passed around before he could establish that.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
JW has been kind and generous with me and my family and I have only ever done works with his permission regardless of what people think if it is needed or not. Not many have courtesy these days. Big sack of BX4 coming for you this spring my friend.

Merry Christmas guys.

YetiOG

JW has been kind and generous with me and my family and I have only ever done works with his permission regardless of what people think if it is needed or not. Not many have courtesy these days. Big sack of BX4 coming for you this spring my friend.

Merry Christmas guys.

Thank you tony. Im really looking forward to goimg through a large run of gorilla bubble. Its beem a lomg time since i monocropped a room, im looking forward too it.

Well, i will likely slip a couple of my favorite clones in, but mono as ill do it.

As soon as weather opens up i can get you what i mentiomed.

mthom008

Yeah it was a dick move. Bomb seeds is ok though. Since the original Cherry Bomb for Reeferman is no where to be found, their version is ok. It resembles the original, but falls short. However, the end product is very good. Still a dick move though.

mthom008

Also, not to be a downer, but GG4 reminds me of a rehashed OG Kush. The only strain thats been worthwhile and unique recently (last 4-5 years) is the Sour Tangie.

YetiOG

Also, not to be a downer, but GG4 reminds me of a rehashed OG Kush. The only strain thats been worthwhile and unique recently (last 4-5 years) is the Sour Tangie.

Not even close to reality if all you think is good is sour tangie you gotta open your eyes. I can list about 100 worthwile and unique listings.

GG4 is more a chem or sour than og dude...

I was pretty down on the hype stuff until i started trying it. The glue cut i had was DOA last year but smelled amazing it was cool as hell. If the clone smelled that good i bet the weed does too

YetiOG

Well attitude switched the ufo freebies around kush n cheese went from 1 to 3 and my order only qualified for the first 2 freebies so i might actually get blimburns cookies amd the fucking gorilla bomb...

Well if i get it instead of that cheezy og i was looking forward too ill let you guys know about it. Maybe fate will deliver me a free one and see what its deal is... i made this smash thread with a whole bunch of opinions.

Just sayin i think it will be trash looking at thc bomb but maybe it will turn out ok

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i crossed GG#4 to berry bomb

how is the smoke on this one that u crossed? i love the berry bomb myself..i have been growing it since 2014. its very vigorous and has the most beautiful lime green buds with bright orange hairs..it looks like Royal queen seeds has a royal gorilla where they state the genetics used are the same ones that Jw and Md used,which i highly suspect is misleading bc i have read they never passed 2 of those genetics to anyone

YetiOG

how is the smoke on this one that u crossed? i love the berry bomb myself..i have been growing it since 2014. its very vigorous and has the most beautiful lime green buds with bright orange hairs..it looks like Royal queen seeds has a royal gorilla where they state the genetics used are the same ones that Jw and Md used,which i highly suspect is misleading bc i have read they never passed 2 of those genetics to anyone

Royal gorilla ERG that's so hurtin' I gotta look that up with a hard bag handy for when I read that description

Yeah that is misleading HE never passed the gear to make more gg4 and has stated he couldn't even do it again...

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Royal gorilla ERG that's so hurtin' I gotta look that up with a hard bag handy for when I read that description

Yeah that is misleading HE never passed the gear to make more gg4 and has stated he couldn't even do it again...

yup ive never grown anything from royal queen and never will..they seem to copy everything popular these days..they got a 2nd hand strain of everything

B

bigganjabud

Well I'm running it at the min and it's definitely looking like a keeper so far.

ONE man's trash is another man's treasure and all that

Are you a respected grower?

Only asking cos anyone can fuck up a grow and blame the strain

Learn how to read the plants and stop bashing plants man no one likes a dick

Plants are perfect for people just not allways the right plants with the right people

Fwiw I done a barneys blue cheese and bland them for my poor yield when in fact it was all my fault

Lyfespan

white widow X berry bomb then i hit that with my black domina tio get 'PandaBerries

i then crossed the Pandaberries to GG#4

its one wicked cross, great bag appeal all the way around

pics are up on my IG Mantisfarms

YetiOG

Well I'm running it at the min and it's definitely looking like a keeper so far.

ONE man's trash is another man's treasure and all that

Are you a respected grower?

Only asking cos anyone can fuck up a grow and blame the strain

Learn how to read the plants and stop bashing plants man no one likes a dick

Plants are perfect for people just not allways the right plants with the right people

Fwiw I done a barneys blue cheese and bland them for my poor yield when in fact it was all my fault

Who are you talking too? Especially the question about if someone's a respected grower? How is that relevant to the topic?

Didn't see anyone blaming plants for anything just talk about gross rip off genetics.

What are you running right now? Royal gorilla? Gorilla bomb? If either, why? Why would you pay to fund loosers who rip something JW gave to everyone free?

Also, blue cheese sux. You probably got a low yielding pheno. It sounds like you have some things to learn. Preach shit all you want but it sounds like you have some learning to do before coming in and spouting people here need to learn.

Would help if you quoted or were more clear who you talk too.

B

bigganjabud

Who are you talking too? Especially the question about if someone's a respected grower? How is that relevant to the topic?

Didn't see anyone blaming plants for anything just talk about gross rip off genetics.

What are you running right now? Royal gorilla? Gorilla bomb? If either, why? Why would you pay to fund loosers who rip something JW gave to everyone free?

Also, blue cheese sux. You probably got a low yielding pheno. It sounds like you have some things to learn. Preach shit all you want but it sounds like you have some learning to do before coming in and spouting people here need to learn.

Would help if you quoted or were more clear who you talk too.

Anyone can fuck up a grow and blame gens mate

The reason I'm running gorilla bomb is because I have an (apparent) cut of the original gg4 and I'm comparing it tbh AS I'M FROM THE UK AND IT'S HARD TO GET CLONE ONLYS FROM YANKYTOWN

Yes the blue cheese was a shit yeilder from barneys Farm but I still gave it what it needed and it wernt the best representation of the strain

Tbh mate I really couldn't care less what you think of me or the pollonchuckers that make em, but if i see someone having a mention about the strain I'm running il add my 2c

Don't really matter man obviously you ain't really willing to see how or if it contributes to the strain at all

Tbh tho atleast bomb seeds used a legit gg4 cut
Look into the fastbuds gg auto Ltfol it ain't even got gg as a parent

NOW THAT IS FUCKED UP

Also Jose has an open lawsuit against companies using the gg name so they will have to change the names

This ain't my playground bud I just got my toys here

Now I apologise if you got railed up by my comment but tbh there's so many factors to a grow that if you had one bad experience like a lot on here and then start a shit slinging thread then everyone will add there thoughts and or experiences

That's what an open forum does give people a chance to voice there opinion

NAMESTAE

Latest posts

Latest posts